Anyone know some good CHEAP! advertisment methods...

im trying to find good advertising methods...

You would do much better if your site was even semi-complete.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

affiliate schemes, you link them they link you...not the kind that you pay for referals. Some people don't affiliate with hosts, but a fair few still will affilate.

How about t-shirts? Get your domain on a shirt, wear it where you go, free advertising & a cheap shirt
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

How much is cheap?
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

Originally posted by colklink
    How much is cheap?
    Not an better way to frame an question .

For bill gates $1000 is cheap money would that be for us or some of them here.

Also a better way to advertise is using google adwords program and advertising in some related sites towards your criteria.

Originally posted by spechackers
    Not an better way to frame an question .

For bill gates $1000 is cheap money would that be for us or some of them here.

Also a better way to advertise is using google adwords program and advertising in some related sites towards your criteria.
    Thats exactly why hes asking - cheap means different things to different people.

Google adwords may not be available to the original poster if they don't have the $, that said if you don't have the capital to start a webhosting company you should probably find an alternative project immediately.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Well I think your on the right track if you have questions about marketing before your site is complete...
    About the comments "it would help if your site was complete": This is exactly the WRONG idea to send. The webhosting industry is brutal and just "jumping" in because the bare-bones start-up costs are low is no good reason.
    Props to you for trying to think this through before you get too deep.

Web hosting seems simple because the dedicated servers are cheap, but be careful because tech support costs a lot, customers each pay very little, and marketing is actually VERY hard. You still need a big budget to get a toe-hold because adwords is very costly.

Your best bet in marketing is to buy out a web hosting company that is giving terrible service with customers complaining, and then improve it. Then, you get the recurring revenue and the relieved customers will be happy to refer you by talking about the change-over in management.
    But again, good tech support is NOT easy. Web hosting is an extremely technical operation. Do NOT underestimate that.

Another hint, if you plan on being big, think of how to arrange the company so its easy to FULLY delegate support to someone else. Otherwise, you end up being in a situation where all support agents need root access, or there are so many custom scripts that all the harder problems need to be done by you, or technical support staff become too hard to train.

Lastly, I know this sounds "evil", and I definitely love Linux and all, but these days Windows, IMHO is a better bet. 2 reasons:
    1)Increasing demand for ASP.
    2)You can train anyone, even a high-school student to help you with support. In Linux, its much harder, esp. since DOS is no longer used by anyone. Back in my day, all computer fans were familiar with command-line OSes. Any friend could help you out. Now, you need to move more and more to professionally trained staff ($$$) to get that.

ALWAYS REMEMBER:
    License costs for easy-to-understnad software: $XXX
    Cost of hiring staff that can run it: $X x 100 hrs/month

Costs of writing a complicated script or "free" but complicated script: $0
    Cost of hiring a college grad/certified person/engineer to run your servers for a month: $X x 100 hrs/month

If you really need money, ok, maybe the market is for you, but I'm telling you now, it is VERY VERY tough. Look how many there are just in this forum. Realistically, you do need a lot of cash to start up a company properly. You can "wing" it in this industry, but it will take a long time to grow, like, years.
    Even the bigger hosts out there, ask the owners: Are they rich? Are they even making good money? Often not.

Originally posted by HP-David
    You would do much better if your site was even semi-complete.
    And fix spelling/grammer errors...

im trying to find good advertising methods...

Ask Google and see if they'd lend you a AdWord.

LOL

check around. I've seen some of the bigger hosting companies offer some kind of marketing service that might fit your idea of what "cheap" is.
    -Jay-

Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow!

Lets start... do you have a website? Business cards?
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

I get around 300 uniques a day (getting stronger) and I've only been up for 2 months.New content everyday...I would be willing to talk some cheap advertising for a banner add if you're interested