What do you guys think of this control panel?

Due to the ambiguity of my last post, admin mistaken my post as advertising. So I am posting here again at the Webhosting Forum to ask for comments regarding Enhost's new control panel.

CPANEL XP CONTROL PANEL

We have plans to sell them but for now we wanted to get as much comments as possible from you guys.

1. What dya guys think of the appearance?

2. What do you think can be done to improve it?

3. Will you consider control panel in your decision in choosing hosts?

4. What feature can be added?

Some issue which some of you brought up is the copyright issue since it resembles XP a lot. Microsoft has taken the effort to even teach people how to make XP style icons at their MSDN site and will be glad that people implement it in their software or in our case control panel. To make sure, I will personally call Microsoft to confirm that this does not infringe their copyright.

Another issue is 'XP on Linux?' . My answer is : Why Not? Our objective is to bring user-friendliness of XP style to our clients.

Please give your precious comments,guys!
    The final version will depend on the comments by u guys.

Thanks in advance!
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

1. What dya guys think of the appearance?

I like the looks a lot. The only thing is that it's a 'common' look, while I would also like it if the control panel would come in the host's website look (unless it's a crappy design). It definitely doesn't look bad though!

2. What do you think can be done to improve it?

I'm not sure. More features? Then u need more icons too, I wonder how that's gonna work for hosts who will add features without icons. And I'm curious about the looks of any subpages.

3. Will you consider control panel in your decision in choosing hosts?

In the past I didn't, but now that I've worked with a few control panels, I definitely find it an important factor in choosing hosts.

4. What feature can be added?

Domain pointers and custom PHP installs. Probably more but can't think of something right away.
    Interaction / Digital Media / Web Designer
    http://www.r-a-b.net/
    :: New reality will be created in the shape of your dreams ::

Excellent, Why not use it on Linux.

Who has divided the world into MS and Linux? All of them are about using computers.

I will be very very happy to use it while I hate Windows XP itself for its numerous bugs. I still stick with my Win2k-Pro.

Techi

Great looking, very nice and professional

One thing I would change is the icon sizes - they looked to vary in different sizes and not all be the same.

I made a custom cpanel skin, http://demo.xnethosting.com/

Like you I used the Windows XP icons - however, mine were recreated from before Windows XP was even released from a free icon site.

Also, I don't think MS will mind us using the icons, it just promotes them even more.

Thank you to all who have posted their comments.

Thankyou Change, we will create icons for hosts who will need them if they were to use our panel.

Techiboy, yeap windows XP cant support many of my hardwares so I am still stuck to 98SE.Probably will not be changing OS very soon.

Thank you for compliments Vex !

And Pat, your theme is very similar to our theme.
    I have been thinking of standardising the size of the icons right from the start. Your theme looks very neat because the icons' size are standardized.We shall have our icons resized.
    Anyway,have you thought of offering your theme to the public, as in selling it? If not, why not? because we are still contemplating whether to make the theme unique for our host or to make it available to the public. Please share your ideas.

KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING GUYS !!!
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

I've thought about selling the theme, but I haven't made my mind up yet.