Unmetered Bandwith?

What are some good, quality, legit hosts for unmetered bandwith?

Think you will find no one will recommend a unmetered one mate

Why would you say no-one would reccomend an un-metered plan?
    Spry Virtual Server/VPS Hosting
    Linux Dedicated Resource Virtual Servers, Virtual Private Servers, WHM / cPanel Licensing
    VPSLink Cheap VPS XEN and OpenVZ
    CentOS, Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, cPanel, DirectAdmin, HostInABox, LAMP, Ruby pre-installed

The only unmetered vps offering I can think of is jvds.com.

Does someone care to explain how "unmetered" works in practice? Does connection speed act as a limit for the actual total transfer you will get in a given month?

An un-metered plan means that there is a limit set for the amount of outgoing traffic that can leave your server. With a 768kb/s limit you will be able to upload approximately 100kB/s to your users, with a 1.5 megabit limit this would be 200kB/s. A typical DSL user will have between 128kb/s-3mb/s.

Unless your streaming heavy audio/video this is great bandwidth for a VPS server. Your provider should have ample connectivity to the internet, and likely will dedicate this slot of bandwidth to you. There is no monthly billling for bandwidth because you can not use more than your server is set to. A 1.5 megabit connection can pump out approximately 500gb on a monthly basis.
    Spry Virtual Server/VPS Hosting
    Linux Dedicated Resource Virtual Servers, Virtual Private Servers, WHM / cPanel Licensing
    VPSLink Cheap VPS XEN and OpenVZ
    CentOS, Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, cPanel, DirectAdmin, HostInABox, LAMP, Ruby pre-installed

Oh and other ones would be rackforce.com and fdcservers.net - heard good and bad about fdc, not sure about rackforce.

blazet,

Have you used any of the three?
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

rackforce offers unmetered vps at 1.5 mbps, 3mbps, 5mbps, 10mbps
    spry also offers unmetered vps at 1.5 mbps
    jvds offers unmetered vps at 3mbps
    fdc also offers unmetered vps at 100mbps
    pricing and support varies. do a search for specific hosts.
    rackforce support is not bad. I had used them.

fdc 100mbps is shared with go knows how many others though.

I had a colo at fdc and only occassionally had problems with speed. I was on their 100Mbit shared plan and could easily push 4Mbit out from it. Others seemed to have problems. But I could only complain about the latency. I had some other issues as well and I am leaving fdc because I am trying to run a game server and I think their transit must be too saturated. But if I was running a regular webserver I might have stayed at fdc. I could push alot. I think I once pushed 30Mbit out of the server. Never any high sustained bandwidth usage. But I have seen graphs of other people pushing 25Mbit sustained.

EDIT:

Forgot I was on the vps forum. I wouldnt go with their vps offerings. Seems like alot of complaints in their forums about the vps output. www.fdcservers.net/vbulletin

I am wondering how most are limiting the throughput of a VPS for an unmetered VPS?
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

But keep in mind, NEVER use the cheap unmetered bandwidth hosts