Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Family trouble, opinions needed

Hello all, I need your help. On Wednesday June 1st, something horrible happened. On Friday, June 3rd, my dad called me and my brother and sister and picked us up, took us to the hospital and gave us some extremely bad news. My step mom had a miscarriage and lost the baby on the 1st, and they had to force it out on Friday. She died (the baby) because she wrapped herself around her umbilical cord over her neck and died. She was due on July 5, 2005 and now we need to bury her.

I was wondering if you guys can give me ideas on helping raise some money to pay for the funeral. My dad was hurt a year ago at work and his workers comp doesn't cover it, and his wife doesn't have a job. The funeral cost is $1,600 for her and its been paid for with a loan which needs to be paid back ASAP. I need some ways to raise some of the money to help pay for it. My mom and uncle wont give them any money because of somethings that happened a while back or else we would need help. Please help and give me some good ideas, we want to bury her this Friday, June 10, 2005.

Thanks for helping.

Sorry to hear about your loss Randy.

I think in a situation like this, the best thing to do would be to go around your neighborhood, and ask for donations. This is the type of thing people would think is a worthy cause.
    If you don't think your neighborhood will raise a lot of money, try going to one that you think will. Most people don't know everybody in their neighborhood, and wouldn't mind giving money to somebody like you.

Do you attend any religious service regularly?
    If so, I'm sure you could ask the head of the church for a portion of the offerings.

I hope everything works out for you,
    Jason
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Sorry to hear that.

My first thought is to go public, maybe contact a local news station about the situation. That's a horrible way for an unborn baby to die, but raising awareness might be something the media will take on.

Good luck to you.

Wow, I don't know what to say, except that I'm extremely empathetic with your loss. It would be absolutely awful to be counting on and looking forward to having a new sister and then having your hopes and her life cut down by something so awful (and fairly uncommon).

I also can't put into words or even comprehend the stress and agony your family must be going through right now, in dealing with both the untimely death of your baby sister and the financial burden and troubles you all are faced with now.

The only way to get $1,600 to pay back the loan that I can think of is to get a job.

I'm rather confused on one detail, though; if you have the loan already, you can have the funeral on Friday, can't you?

The $1,600 is covering the spot where she will be buried, her casket, and the services, but we still need to pay the loan before we can pay for the stone. Im going to try and ask around the neighborhood but Im not sure if im allowed to. Thanks for the opinion guys but I still need a differernt way, and I dont think they want any media coverage of it : /

I'm sorry to hear about this, but depending on your religion go to a mosque, church, etc and explain your situation. They will either give you the money or help their members raise the money to help your family.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    I'm sorry to hear about this, but depending on your religion go to a mosque, church, etc and explain your situation. They will either give you the money or help their members raise the money to help your family.

Yeah I know the local churches (at least that I have seen) help out when it is needed. You just need to explain to the head people of the church (depending who it is), and talk to them.

Also sorry to hear what happen .

Thanks guys for all the support. Im going to keep my chin up and remember I still have a brother and a sister, and a step brother and step sister : /

God Bless you Randy.......Good Luck!!!

Peace and love to you

Im so sorry for your loss

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Thanks guys I really appreciate the support.

Huggsss Randy. This is so very sad. i cant even comprehend what it must be like to lose a child/sibling.

Perhaps your family can just simply make payments until the debt is paid off. It may take awhile, but it seems to be the best approach at this time. i know you are all anxious for her to have a stone, but whats important is that her soul is at peace. The rest will come later, it just takes time.
    g.
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand"
    Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

Im going to try and give them my allowance next month. I get $200 a month from my uncle, not much but every penny helps :'(

It sure does. This is sad. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    g.
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand"
    Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

Originally posted by RandyT
    Im going to try and give them my allowance next month. I get $200 a month from my uncle, not much but every penny helps :'(
    I'm simply wondering why, if your uncle gives you $200 a month as spending money, he doesn't give your parents money for a far more important purpose: the intangible but necessary closure that burying a loved one provides.

Re: Family trouble, opinions needed

Originally posted by RandyT
    My mom and uncle wont give them any money because of somethings that happened a while back or else we would need help.
    My uncle (on my moms side) doesnt like my dad because a while back (my mom, me, brother, and sister live in the same house as my uncle) my dad did something wrong and did it at my uncles house that cost him alot of money, so my uncle doesnt want to talk to my dad or even help him.

Thanks for the support

I would also recommend that you go to the news station and ask for their help. The more people that are educated, the better off we all will be.

On a somewhat related note, I know exactly what you're going through. Both of my younger sisters are miracle babies. I can't even begin to tell you how many miscarriages my Dad and Step Mom went through before they were finally successful.

It's not the end of the world, though it DOES feel like it. This is, after all, why they call births a miracle. Prayers to you and your family.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

That is extremly sad, and I do sympathize. My girlfriend three years ago lost her second baby when he was 7 months old. He was born with very simliar problems that her daughter currently has, but he wasn't able to make it.

She was a single parent making roughly $400 per month. What she did was, seek help from all her neighboors and did receive a lot of help from a local church. I know quite a lot of churches and some really good people will help you in situations like this. You do not have to be religious to seek help from a church.

This is just a suggestion, and something that my girlfriend did. Also some funeral homes will work with you if you do need assistance. My girfriends funeral for her little boy was about $4,500. She was able to pay in monthly payment and finally paid off the debt.

I am truly sorry for your family, this really is a bad situation to be in. And from experience with my girlfriend, it never goes away. I can always tell when its the "day", as she is extremly sad and mops around all day. Can't say that I blame her whatsoever.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

Thanks guys.

Really sorry to hear the news...

as it was suggested go to your local Church, Masjid or Singar and explain your situation, even if you do not practice such religion im sure they wont mind helping out.. (I know that about Churches and Masjids for sure)..

Does Malpractice have to do anything with this case (since he was suffocated by the cord, which normally does not happen?).

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Originally posted by azizny
    Really sorry to hear the news...

as it was suggested go to your local Church, Masjid or Singar and explain your situation, even if you do not practice such religion im sure they wont mind helping out.. (I know that about Churches and Masjids for sure)..

Does Malpractice have to do anything with this case (since he was suffocated by the cord, which normally does not happen?).

Peace,
    Malpractice? I dont think anyone put their hand in my step moms stomach and wrapped the cord around HER neck. Im going this weekend to try and ask local churches by where they live. Thanks guys!

Hi Randy,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I can't give much, but would be willing to help if I can.. Aside from that, I think many of the above suggestions are great!

I am really sorry Randy. I will keep you and your family in my prayer and thought.
    Randy, you should really ask around for donation. I think it is good you will be giving the 200 dollars to support your sister's funeral.

Thanks for the support Jspired and indiaberry

I am very sorry to hear that.

I have one question , Why are funerals so expensive ? I never knew they were so expensive in USA . Over here they cost around 70 to 80 maximum .

Originally posted by CresHost
    I am very sorry to hear that.

I have one question , Why are funerals so expensive ? I never knew they were so expensive in USA . Over here they cost around 70 to 80 maximum .
    Actually $1,600 isnt that much for a funeral for around here, the only reason it is this cheap is because she was still a baby.
    The cost is greater here because they pay for the casket, burial, cost of keeping up the grave site, ect...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast