Thread: IE Help Please?

IE Help Please?

I am using IE 6 with XP. When I right click on a web page I can not get it to show me the source. Also in some instances I can not simply left click on a link to open another page, but must right click and click on open. I realize something must be set wrong, but I haven't any idea as to what it is. Anyone have any suggestions? I have been using ME with IE 6 without the same problem.

Thanks

With MyIE2 all i do to see the source is click VIEW/SOURCE or EDIT/EDIT and the source of the page comes up..........

I dunno why you cant open new tabs though,whats happening when you open one??

Hmmmmm,maybe we can help you out

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Originally posted by The Dude
    I dunno why you cant open new tabs though,whats happening when you open one??
    He's not using "MyIE2", but regular IE 6 in XP. You can't open tabs in regular IE.

Are you sure this isn't a mouse problem, such as an issue with the drivers? Does your mouse function correctly in any other program? As of now, I'm rather mystified as to the cause of your problem. More details would certainly help clarify.

I have both computers connected to one monitor and one keyboard and mouse. The computer running ME shows the source when I right click and click on view source. The computer running XP does not. When I right click and then click on view source, nothing happens on the computer with XP.

I have not run across the same type problem with any other software I am using.

Originally posted by Handy
    I have both computers connected to one monitor and one keyboard and mouse. The computer running ME shows the source when I right click and click on view source. The computer running XP does not. When I right click and then click on view source, nothing happens on the computer with XP.
    Empty the browser cache and see if it works after that. 99% of the time I have heard of this problem, it has been because the cache is full.

Ya know,i did not know you could right click and choose VIEW SOURCE until this thread Thank you Handy!!! (Maybe i just didnt realize it,i dunno)

I always either clicked VIEW/SOURCE or EDIT/EDIT to get it......

Perhaps try to do that Handy and see if it comes up for you (Click VIEW/SOURCE)

Good Luck!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

To everyone,

I appreciate very much the suggestions provided. I tried all of them and nothing worked. When I emptied the cache, I was thereafter blocked from posting another reply. That is the reason I have been so late in replying. The moderators got be back into position to post. I apologize to everyone and certainly hope I can get a few more suggestions as to the solution for my problem.

Want be back for approximately 10 hours.

Thanks, Handy

1. Do you have the latest update from Windows Update
    2. Have you tried rebooting since this all began.
    3. If it continues, I recommend re-installing IE6.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Look it is very simple really. Get Opera and all your problems will be solved.

OPERA

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Thanks guys,

I've tried everything except reinstalling IE6 or changing to Opera. Might do both next! From everything I've read, reinstalling might be a problem also. So far, XP hasn't been good to me.

I got that problem sometimes. I right click --> View Source and nothing happen. But most of the time, the problem is fixed when I closed that browser and open another one. I'm using IE 6 with XP too.

Get firefox!

I am also wondering why you got logged out when you cleared your cache? Or did you do both cache and cookies?
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

DecentHost , Ihave tried opening a new browser page numerous times, but it never helps. This is not something that just happened, it has been that way ever since I have been using XP, a couple of months or so.

Immortal9, I did not dump the cookies, but I did at some time during the discussion change the email address in my profile when I realized the one there was outdated. I don't know for sure but I suspect that was what caused that problem.

I'm also always offline, anybody know how to change that? Or maybe I can try a search.