vBulletin v3.0.7 installing Error

hi,
    i'm getting errors when installing vBulletin v3.0.7

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_replace() in /usr/local/www/data-dist/forum/includes/init.php on line 285

does anyone know how can i solve this issue..

(plz don't say ask for help in vBulletin.com)

thanx

Your php is not configured correctly on your server.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

thanx 4 prompt reply..
    what shall i do 2 correct it.. i got dedicated server?

Recompile php. It sounds like you have --with-disable-all enabled or something simular.
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

how can i do that.. i got webmin in FreeBSD server

what shall i edit n where

thanx

Its not a matter of editing. You need to download the php source and recompile it. If you installed php from ports, that is one of the reaons you are getting that error. You need to modify the makefile in the ports if you want to use ports.

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    Its not a matter of editing. You need to download the php source and recompile it. If you installed php from ports, that is one of the reaons you are getting that error. You need to modify the makefile in the ports if you want to use ports.

agreed, this will be the only way

Re: vBulletin v3.0.7 installing Error

Originally posted by zapshots

Why not? When you buy a license you get free support via their ticket system or via the forum!

cuz there's nothing wrong with vbulitin

i'm getting same kind of errors with other php softwares like Wordpress

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_match() in /usr/local/www/data-dist/wordpress/wp-includes/vars.php on line 5"

Your going to get it in all softwares that need it because its not enabled in your php installation. You need to recompile.