is there any other gud option than these 2 datacenters

Originally posted by hsg70
    is there any other gud option than these 2 datacenters
    there is:
    www.liquidweb.com
    www.fastservers.net
    www.servint.com

--GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I would suggest ThePlanet. We resell from a company that has servers in thier Dallas center and I have never once had an issue with them. They are very well known and come highly recommended.
    DBLHost.com
    US Based Shared Web Hosting • cPanel+Softaculous • Email Hosting • Domain Names
    https://www.dblhost.com

I recommend the planet, been with them a year now got 6 servers with them and they have honestly been great, always answered support quickly and on occasion even phoned us in the UK to discuss an issue, their staff also go out of their way to help.

Moved to theplanet after ev1's support started to decline and due to their messing around my server was down for 2 days which i could not put up with

I've heard a lot bad against ThePlanet (but mostly good).
    I've never heard a word said against EV1.

ThePlanets network and power supplies seem to have come into question in the past year or so, as well posts about their unhelpful support.

Don't get me wrong, both companies are great from what i've heard, just EV1 seems to get a lot less negative press than ThePlanet. Maybe EV1 has less customers than TP
    Andrew Thomas

My company has used various providers over the years, including The Planet and EV1. The Planet has been the best by far.

Originally posted by Josh Stein
    My company has used various providers over the years, including The Planet and EV1. The Planet has been the best by far.
    Can you elaborate on this? In what way has TP been better, particularly in comparison to EV1?

Thanks,
    -B

Originally posted by TMX
    Can you elaborate on this? In what way has TP been better, particularly in comparison to EV1?

Thanks,
    -B
    Well I was an EV1 customer in the past so things may have changed. The Planet was definitely willing to work with us in solving problems or answering questions. The Planet also had a much more superior network. Those are the two main reasons off of the top of my head.

In all my years with EV1 (I started out with them when they only had Cobalts...), I don't recall a support rep. actually calling me and telling me my server is down like The Planet did. I would go with the Planet on this one...
    X5 Internet - Cheap, affordable web hosting w/ dedicated solutions!
    24/7 support, 99.9% uptime, cPanel & More

..Everything you want from a hosting company..

Hang on a second. Who are we talking about?
    ThePlanet.com, or ThePlanet data center?

I doubt ServerMatrix would call you if your server is down (the servers are at TP).
    If you are comparing support offerings, TP is more expensive than EV1, so your always going to get that sort quality.
    Andrew Thomas

price wise, theplanet will be of more advantage.

Ev1 is better in customer service and protection .
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

Server Matrix have never called me when a server is down unless there is a reason that needs investigation but they have called when we have asked for help with stuff - and yes they called us in the UK at THEIR expense even though they are the budget wing of the planet - which is more than ev1 ever did they couldnt even re-image a server for us without "forgetting" to re-install cpanel

SM will call if you have monitoring enabled. Right now I would say EV1 over TP just because of the growing pains TP is going through. They have lost a LOT of staff lately and grown fast.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

I have been with EV1 about 3yr 6mo and I think TP about 1yr 6mo and personally I still like EV1 much better, I have had a few outages and latency issues at EV1 since I have been with them and only one big issue (screwdriver incident and one small outage and they resolved it pretty quick and kept things updated constantly where as I have has several small 'burps' with TP and it seems like when calling to ask about it they either act dumb or just are totally uninformed of there being any current issue by the people higher up.

As far as getting a call when my servers are down I really could care less, I do not depends on anyone buy myself (with help from alertra to monitor my servers except myself so I do not expect it but I can say I have servers at EV1, Server Matrix and The Planet 'Total Control' servers and I have never received a call from anyone so I would guess it was maybe a slow day and you got lucky.

I think both datacenters are two of the best out there but I would have to go with EV1 if I had to pick one, I like having things in two locations so not all my 'eggs are in one basket' and I feel I have made a good choice with both.

One other thing to mention is that TP/SM redundancy has been called into question after some past issues, never had a major issue myself but again a few more 'burps' here and there.. There was also a time a few months ago that all the pipes utilizing the 20mb servers they offer were maxed out to just a tad under 100% for quite a while yet they kept selling new boxes and were very limited on responses from clients to give an answer which is just bad business IMHO.

You need to put it as an excalation procedure :p

Anyway, I think TP has been the best datacenter i've worked with, *sometimes* their support has been a bit slow, but when it's there, they are allways willing to go that extra mile (or in my case 100 miles )

I hate to sound like a broken record, but The Planet is looking awfully spammy lately. They're up to thirty Spamhaus SBL listings as of this writing - that's up from less than twenty a couple of weeks ago, and less than ten shortly before that. I can only speculate as to their motivation, but there are very few reasons, none of them good, why a company would turn a blind eye to this type of activity on their network.

Yes, their network is fantastic, but that will be of little comfort when half the world is dropping your packets on the floor.

Right now, they're at least as bad as Rackspace was before the big cleanup last year, and are only fifteen listings away from cracking Spamhaus's "Top 10 Worst Spam Service ISPs" in the world. The world. That is something that, like it or not, will reflect on anyone who leases servers from them. I, for one, began moving my machines away last week.

Frankly, I'm surprised nobody else is talking about this.

-Bob
    Last edited by TMX; 06-07-2005 at 12:54 AM.

I might be alone on this thread here when I say this. but ServerBeach is awesome! I have have only great support though them and they have even called me to check up to make sure things are ok.

They have earned my business.

I have used both datacenters in the past, I would recommend ThePlanet.