Austro,
    I wish I had read this a month ago.
    I signed up as a reseller and have had many problems and poor response (sometimes) to major problems (Open Relay)

I have 3 sites hosted with them in a reseller pack of 5, and am affraid to ad any others.
    I was advised by one of my customers there was an open relay, and when I checked, sure enough it was open.
    I contacted them, the tech while checking it out, says "Oh S*** it is open" and a few minutes later emails me back saying no it wasn't, its becasue he was signed in as a superuser.
    I know it was open, I saw it as well as my customer.
    We were being used as a virus relay by someone.

I really hope they clean up their act, I have other customers coming online soon and don't want to put them with my webserve account.
    I think I am going to just put my sites on their servers and find a better host for my customers.

I should have known better, I asked them if they published their stats and they said NO.
    I now know why, they are down alot.

I also find that the webalizer stats for one domain are showing in other site admin control panels.
    Allowing one customer to see anothers stats :-(

Smokey

"To top it all off they are rated by a company called Top Hosts Canada #8 out of 15 of the top Canadian webhosts."

Maybe the company paid big bucks to get that spot?

Typically that is what those ratings amount to, either A) Company rated paid a bit of cash to get that spot, or B) Company rated runs the rating site, or C) Company sponsors the site in some way shape or form.

In many cases I am positive several rating sites aren't to be trusted as being non-biased towards whom they feel the need to rate services of. Just a generalization which definitely holds true, sure there is quite a few good un-biased review sites but there still are many which are not.

-Justin
    Justin Schurawlow :: Technology Enthusiast
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog

There are ALOT of quality web hosts - no reason to deal with these sorts of issues...

I know in BC - there is monsterhosting.ca - grate company run by some great people...

Outside of BC, there are ALOT of good providers - take a look around, Im sure you will find something appealing to you...

Originally posted by printerboyweb
    "To top it all off they are rated by a company called Top Hosts Canada #8 out of 15 of the top Canadian webhosts."

Usually, those review sites only look at how much $$ they make by praising a company. I have researched about 100 of those sites, this statement holds true for maybe 90% of them.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

avoid webserve!

we've been using them for about a year, and they're constantly down. emails arrive several hours late sometimes, and webpages routinely time-out.
    decidedly a company to avoid

complain to the better business bureau if they give you trouble