Anybody see "Oldboy"?

I just saw it tonight. What a movie! There are probably only one or two films I see a year that get under my skin as much as this one did.

Has anyone else seen it?

(And if you have, do you think the hypnosis at the end worked? My friend and I had a long conversation about it during the ride home.)

Really? No one?

Okay. Sorry to keep adding posts, but I'm positive that some of you here would go nuts over this film, and we would have lots to talk about.

It's got an intriguing setup: a man is kidnapped and held in a room with no windows and a tv for fifteen years without any explanation. His wife is murdered and his three year old daughter is adopted and sent to Sweden. His blood is found at the murder scene and so he is the prime suspect. When he is finally released, he is given 5 days to figure out why all of this has happened.

Usually, setups like this don't pay off and end with typical action movie finales. This one draws you in more and more with greater complexity and fascination at just how diabolical the whole scheme is.

You will find ten clips and a trailer for the film here:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2665199

(It's a violent film. It's recommended that you don't watch the clip entitled "Teeth" if you have a weak stomach.)