Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry My site was suspended by hostingplex

When I came back from Chicago, I opened my website and found this message:

This Account Has Been Suspended
    Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Yes. I contacted with hostingplex.com right away and asked the reason for the suspension. It was "as soon as possible".

But till now, 30 hours passed, I received no response from them. I called, submitted several tickets and tried the live chat. I registered an account in their forum, but my account has no privilege to submit a topic.

My website has been down for more than 30 hours. I don't know the reason why my accont was suspended. They failed to drop me a line about this issue and to give me some information about that.

Tomorrow is Sunday. There may be little chance to get any support from them. I have been waiting for their support the whole night yesterday and the whole day today.

I do not want to complain about their amazing down time, but I feel annoyed about their support.

Well, still waiting for the response.

They suspended your website without sending out a notice/reason to why they suspended your website?

What kind of a website do you have?

That's what I complained. They did not give me any reason about the suspension.

My website is a blog. Very small. It only consumes 20% of Bandwidth or less every month.

Have you tried calling their support number?

Hi, WN-Ali,

Yes. I called them and got some automatic response and wanted me to leave a message.

Just now, 31 hours passed. I received some lines from them. They told I could not use their service any longer because I violated their AUP, mainly the "Excessive Usage" paragraph. They mentioned that queries might not be be a result of poor database queries.

But before the suspension, they did not mention this problem to me. If they did so, I would surely look into it and optimize the codes.

I decide to transfer to other host. I am not happy with the service and amazing down time of hostingplex.com, anyway. They even do not want to discuss and solve the problem with me and shut my website down.

I am afraid about the refund. Will it take a century? I don't know.

How long have you been with them? If you signed up less then 30 days ago, ask for your money back and find a new host.

blogsir, you mentioned downtime earlier. Were you referring to this suspension incident?

I asked for a refund in the 30 days money back guarentee period due to the amazing down time. But they persuaded me that they have solved the problem and promised to move my website to other server.
    I was tired with the host transfer. So I stayed with their service. But now the 30 days has passed.

I truely want to find a new host.

WN-Ali, thanks for your concern.

Originally posted by ldcdc
    blogsir, you mentioned downtime earlier. Were you referring to this suspension incident?
    Idcdc:

I asked for a refund because their downtime, but I was persuaded to stay because they promised that the server was OK and they resolved the problem. But the downtime remains high.

My account is not under 30 days money back guarentee now.

Any recommendations about my next host?

What's your desired specs and budget?

I understand. Thank you for clarifying things for me.

My account is not under 30 days money back guarentee now.
    You might not be eligible for a refund at all in this case. Check their TOS. The issue of prorated refund might be worth discussing with your host, but I doubt the option is available.

Any recommendations about my next host?
    Before recommendations can be made, it would be good to know how much bandwidth your website consumes exactly. Your budget would also help people realise what kind of host you're after.

Good luck!

You need a host that has better customer service than you experienced. Personally, I am using such hosts as Micfo, Site5, and DreamHost.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Does anyone re-call that he said HostingPlex suspended him for using excessive resources? How many hits does your blog receive each day?

--GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

This seems to be common excuse from webhost- poor database calls.
    This is absolute rubbish.
    If you have a mysql database, you can quite easily execute 100's of queries on it in one go, without causing much server resource usage.
    I used to run an online game, with about 2000 members, and every night i used to run about 25 queries for each user. The script took about 5 seconds to execute 50,000 queries- and this was in a shared hosting environment. No problems.

Now posting on a blog and viewing a blog, surely that can't be using more than 20 SQL queries per viewer can it? If that's causing a load on the server, they need to rethink their servers.
    Andrew Thomas

It could be that the blog script itself was taking up lots of CPU time as I've seen this esp with MT

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

It seems unlikely that a simple blog would take up CPU time.

If there server is overloaded, you can quite often find that the simplest of scripts shows up as taking 99% of CPU time simply because it's in a bottle neck. I've seen this on my server once or twice in the monitoring program, because the script ran when something else was running, like a cPanel update etc.
    Andrew Thomas

Originally posted by elix
    Does anyone re-call that he said HostingPlex suspended him for using excessive resources? How many hits does your blog receive each day?

--GSV
    Yes, they said I was using excessive resources in the shared host. As far as I know the bandwidth my site consumed every month is far below the bandwidth limit for my account.

As I remember, the highest hits of my site is about 2000 IPs per day.

My site is still suspended. They give no support this morning.

Originally posted by ldcdc
    I understand. Thank you for clarifying things for me.

You might not be eligible for a refund at all in this case. Check their TOS. The issue of prorated refund might be worth discussing with your host, but I doubt the option is available.

Before recommendations can be made, it would be good to know how much bandwidth your website consumes exactly. Your budget would also help people realise what kind of host you're after.

Good luck!

There is 1.5 years left in my service. I do know they have the right to suspend my account. But I am wondering if I have no right to protect myself.

Thanks

Ask them exactly what CPU load, and which pages were taking up the resources.
    If they can't answer, then you ask them why they don't know.
    They must have grounds to suspend.
    If not, call you cc company, and ask them to help.
    They havn't been co-operative, which they need to be to comply with merchant accounts terms about compaints.
    Andrew Thomas

I have been waiting for 12 hours for support since my last ticket. No one is available.

I tried the live chat, it is ridiculous!

"You are now speaking with Sales Team of Sales.

Your party has left this session."

They left the session when I started the chat after trying for many times. That is ridiculous!!

blogsir, I have blocked you because are abusing the communication channels to us, opening tickte after ticket, opening live chat after live chat.

you are aware of the entire situation, don't be a liar and act surprised about this suspension.
    Kevin

Originally posted by HP-Kevin
    blogsir, I have blocked you because are abusing the communication channels to us, opening tickte after ticket, opening live chat after live chat.

you are aware of the entire situation, don't be a liar and act surprised about this suspension.
    Care to fill us in, or is it private?
    Andrew Thomas

Originally posted by thomas7
    Care to fill us in, or is it private?
    I really don't think they need to justify anything to you thomas7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast