CPU Maxed out; help

CPU is totally maxed out and the server is barely responding and in top is showing mysqld and httpd both at 99.9% CPU usage! Ive tried a graceful reboot and it didnt fix it! Does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening? My.cnf file is configured properly; traffic figures are the same. I dont know whats causing this; or how to find out what is causing this and stop it.

Any help would be appreciated.

how many connections to your server? how about your server hardware?

Server is 2ghz + 1gb ram +; it is a strong server. I am getting the following mysql errors now:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /home/user/public_html/mysql.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /home/user/public_html/mysql.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/user/public_html/mysql.php on line 7

I have tried /scripts/fixmysql with no change. I just dont know how to fix this... Ive tried everything.

It was a ddos attack; doh! lol I was way tired to even of thought of that! SHEESH!

Just a simple question what types of hard drives do you have?

You can try to see which account was under ddos, then suspend it. This can help while contacting your server provider in case of big ddos

reboot the server

shutdown -r now
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

hope your server is running ok again.
    ddos attacks can be such a pain.