Arrow Sport News : It's FIGHT NIGHT or "Fight Morning" 2 b precise. HATTON v TSZYU 0100 GMT

Article extract >>

The final countdown has begun to Ricky Hatton's IBF title tilt against Kostya Tszyu - one of the most-keenly awaited British fights for years.

Light welterweight champion Tszyu only made the weight at the second time of asking ahead of the Manchester clash on Sunday morning (0200 BST).

The Russian-born Australian failed to make the 10-stone limit by about three ounces at the first attempt.

But he returned just under an hour later to weigh in at exactly 10 stone.

Englishman Hatton weighed in at nine stones, 13 pounds and 12 ounces.

But, following Tszyu's miscalculation, the weigh-in was a chaotic affair, with droves of people crammed in to catch a glimpse of the fighters.

It is not just me, it is British boxing which is going to be a winner this weekend

Ricky Hatton

Hatton, 26, seemed relaxed and looked ripped as he mounted the scales.

In contrast, 35-year-old Tsyzu arrived with an entourage of a dozen or so to respectful applause from the crowd.

Hatton is a big underdog to beat his opponent at Manchester's MEN Arena, but the Briton believes he can upset the odds.

End extract <<

For full article/audio/video :: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/4600297.stm

***Profile of the fighters***

Hatton . . . . . . v . . . . . . Tszyu
    26 . . . . . . . . .Age . . . . . . . . 35
    5'7. . . . . . . Height . . . . . . . 5'7
    66". . . . . . . .Reach . . . . . . .67"
    Orthodox. . .Stance . . Orthodox
    38(29)-0. . . Record. . . 31(25)-1

I won't be watching [decided to be a bit stingy and not pay the £15 ppv price] but i will be listening on the radio. It's live on BBC Radio fivelive here in the UK but i don't know if it is being streamed for those of you interested abroad.

The Aussies will of course be paying clsoe attention to the fight. It's the beginning of thins to come with The Ashes this summer. Hoefully Hatton can set the trend with a win but it will be mighty difficult for him.

How bit a part the near totally pro Hatton crows will play, all 22,000 of them screaming and singing away, we'll jsut ahve to wait and see.

Opinions?? Comments??

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

IT'S ALL OVER, IT'S ALL OVER!!

Tszyu's corner pulled him out just before the 12th round was gonna start. Amazing

Unbelievable fight....just unbelievable. I'm regretting not paying for the PPV coverage now i can tell ya.

What fitness and stamina by Hatton, what tempo.

Most of the 22,000 were cheering BRUNO, BRUNO, before the fight and Hatton is now at that level or beyond it for modern British Boxing without doubt, and that's saying something

[color=dark-red]THE NEW IBF LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD.........RICKY THE HITMAN HATTON![/color]

Tszyu was one of the greatest champion's in Boxing at any weight in recent times, all credit to him as a fighter. After the fight, both Hatton's and Tszyu's words were full of humility and respect for eachother, honourable. Nice to see and ehar.

Now the Yanks who wrote him off to quite a degree know about him, who know's hwo far he'll go now.

Am i the only one who followed this fight or something??

Critic,
    Last edited by Critic; 06-04-2005 at 10:25 PM.
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

I think the 2am start may have affected the number of viewers.
    Peter Hall
    Tera Web Hosting
    UK Web Hosting and Backup Storage