Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Statbrain.com - tell me what you think

Hi Everybody

I just launched this new free site where everyone can enter an URL and the site will estimate the number of visitors that the site has, based on different online sources.

The site is called Statbrain.com and I would really like some feedback.

Try entering your own site and see how good Statbrain.com is at guessing the number of visitors that you have.

I've has some problems with Internal Server Errors so tell me if you get one.

Any sort of feedback is very welcome either here or use the forms on the website for any other confidential feedback.
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com
    FREE Tells you how many visitors any website has.

interesting but very useful service for advertisers. book marked!

Zach Highknee the stats are way off! there is no way of guessing the info you are trying to guess.

Pr don't mean traffic.
    Alexa ranking is bull!
    1 link on the homepage of google.com will send tons more traffic, then 20,000 links on link pages.

so I can't think of a way to really get a decent enough guess of traffic.

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

saghir69 I think your approach is kind of negative.

First of all this is not going to be a perfect tool, but I do believe that it will be helpful to a lot of people.

I agree it is difficult to guess the traffic, but far from impossible. Statbrain.com will never be able to guess the traffic for all sites. Statbrain.com won't even get close to guessing the traffic of all sites. I do however believe that Statbrain.com will get very close on 90% of all sites. The last 10% are going to be inaccurate.

Do also remember that smaller sites will be extra hard to guess for Statbrain.com to guess.

Regards,
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

I was just telling you my opinion.

but there is no way u can guess correct info for 90% of the sites.

ok i'll try out a few sites for u and post the right info next to what your site predicts.

site 1 "5153 visitors per day" correct info 700-800
    site 2 Unknown - no information online or unknown URL
    site 3 99321 visitors per day correct info 60,000 (this one is not too bad)
    site 4 5422 visitors per day correct info 600-700
    site 5 3688 visitors per day correct info 300-400

Thank you for your post saghir69 this information is very helpful. Statbrain.com is far from perfect and I will need many more reports to get the site more accurate, but I'm still working on it. The formula also needs constant adjustment.

Could you tell me if the visitor numbers you refer to from your sites are unique visitors or just visitors?

Negative or positive I can tell you that your feed back is much appreciated.
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

I'm not trying to be negative towards you or anything. I just don't think that there could be a formula that can work something like this out. but then again what do i know lol.

those numbers are total visitors. but the 60,000 was uniques (so that could be about right, if you prediction was total visits)

Saghir69 I thank you very much for your feed back. You are right it is not really accurate right now.

I hope that one day I can prove you wrong, but we'll see about that.

Thanks again.
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

very nice indeed.

Anyone else who has an opinion on the accuracy, I would really like to hear more about that?

Thanks,
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

I've made some changes in the design. The logo has moved from the right side to the left side. The logo has also been changed slightly, tell me what you think.
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

Hey, nice tool. I think you should add alot more color to it, and space things out.

Can I ask you a question? I've been working with server-side programming for quite a while, I never figured out, how do you get those stats, without showing connections to google, yahoo, etc in the status bar?

Hi LumaBoards

I use a function called File_exists in PHP. It won't show in any status bar because everything is completely server-side and there is no answer to your browser before all the pages are retrieved.

Hope that answers your question.
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

Yes but, aren't you connecting to google, then yahoo, then alexa pulling the results, and then using regex to strip out the numbers? I thought that was what you were doing.

you need more air/space in you design, it's all cramped together...

also...the google ads ...

To LumaBoards

That is correct I use File_exists to connect to servers and then I use different text parsing functions including regex to extract the right numbers.
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

It's a little gracious for one of mine:
    721 visitors per day
    Maybe it means 7.21

But that's a nice little service that you setup, especially good for comparing one sites traffic to another.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Statbrain.com has a problem with sites with less than 1000 visitors and very big sites. I'm working on improving that right now.

Thank you for your feed-back.
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

I'm getting a lot of visitor reports from helpful visitors on Statbrain.com. The visitor reports tell me how many visitors a certain site has - fully confidential of course. The reports are used to improve the algorythm which is improving every day.

So keep testing Statbrain.com - it might not be what it was yesterday.
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

It loves 1 of my sites and hates the rest
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Yes Yes Yes!!

Finally it happened; I solved the “Internal Server Error” problem.

So what was the solution? Well is all very simple. The Internal Server Errors was something that I hadn’t experienced locally so I figured out I should try a new hosting company. That I did and the problem was solved.

I guess the message is: choose the right hosting company!

P.S. The domain has been transferred 24 hours ago, but some might still see the old hosting company.
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

I had some problems with Alexa the past 5 days, but the problems have been fixed now.
    Zach Highknee
    www.statbrain.com

I like the design of the site; very simple, and to the point (what it should be for a site like that).

I don't know if it's a problem with the design or what, but I thought I should call this to your attention: If I run the utility on www.mysite.com, it returns one value, and if I run it on mysite.com (no www), it returns a completely different value altogether. I think this is due to yahoo, altavista, and alltheweb counting them as two separate links.

When you say visit alexa the link is to one of your own pages.

cool and nice tool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast