Paint Balling!!!!!!!!!

Hey,

Well this is my new wallet draining habbit. Just started tonight for the first time an I love it. Even though im a big guy it seems like it will be a great way to lose some weight. I am looking for 2 things. A good ONLINE CANADIAN store for paintball stuff AND The BEST anti fog goggles you know. I was thinking of a JT mask with this fan thing they have. I sweat like hell and it fogs no matter what and I think there is nothing worse then a foggy mask. Any suggestions or tips on paintballing would be great!

Thanks
    Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

Just be carefull you dont get hit in the face with one of those!!! (It hurts like crazy i think........)

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Well The goggles Im looking at is this: http://www.paintballgear.ca/product_...products_id/62 And the fan is this: http://www.paintballgear.ca/product_...roducts_id/119 which goes in to the goggles.
    I just sweat like crazy and in the real heat I got fog in seconds. We play in the middle of the night at a local school ground and once the light catches the fog your blinded. Any tips/recommendations would be great.

Thanks
    Jeff

Re: Paint Balling!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Xoopiter-Jeff
    Hey,

I am looking for 2 things. A good ONLINE CANADIAN store for paintball stuff AND The BEST anti fog goggles you know. I was thinking of a JT mask with this fan thing they have. I sweat like hell and it fogs no matter what and I think there is nothing worse then a foggy mask. Any suggestions or tips on paintballing would be great!

Thanks
    Jeff

I paintball twice a month, and its not just your facemask that gets foggy, everyones does... Well that was until I learned a trick

http://www.rainx.com/DU/images/pic_p2_f5.jpg

Rain-X Anti Fog wipes work amazing, 25 wipes per tube, usually can "Anti-Fog" 7-10 masks with 1 wipe (basically your whole team) And it will last all day
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

I tried it once, its fun but a BIG money hog. The gun + Equipment and people go through crates of paintballs in one day ($45+ a crate).

Re: Re: Paint Balling!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Trifolic
    I paintball twice a month, and its not just your facemask that gets foggy, everyones does... Well that was until I learned a trick

http://www.rainx.com/DU/images/pic_p2_f5.jpg

Rain-X Anti Fog wipes work amazing, 25 wipes per tube, usually can "Anti-Fog" 7-10 masks with 1 wipe (basically your whole team) And it will last all day
    Hey thanks for the tip. I will try that before I buy the anti fog crap. Also do you think the fan thing is worth it? I sweat a TON (since I am a big guy) and once we are done a running bought we are hiding the lens almost gets wet.

Thanks
    Jeff

I quit when I got hit down there. The pain made me pass out. Literally.

Originally posted by Cserver
    I quit when I got hit down there. The pain made me pass out. Literally.
    That pain must have been overwhelming...

I have a Spyder gun, but I don't play anymore. It was a temporary obsession I had, but as I only wore a t-shirt and one shirt over that, when I got hit, it hurt like crazy for a few minutes. It also cost a ton, so those factors combined weren't very inviting.

Re: Re: Re: Paint Balling!!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks for the tip. I will try that before I buy the anti fog crap. Also do you think the fan thing is worth it? I sweat a TON (since I am a big guy) and once we are done a running bought we are hiding the lens almost gets wet.

Thanks
    Jeff
    I've actually never tried the fan, however a few people have them, to bad for them they haven't figured out though thats why they are always the first ones out of the game, Nothing like sneaking up on someone that can't hear you because a fan is keeping them cool and making all that noise inside their mask.....

It's WAR out there man, its not supposed to be plesant! lol

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    I have a Spyder gun, but I don't play anymore. It was a temporary obsession I had, but as I only wore a t-shirt and one shirt over that, when I got hit, it hurt like crazy for a few minutes. It also cost a ton, so those factors combined weren't very inviting.
    Everyones saying that, it costs alot of money...How are you guys playing your games that it costs so much? I go out usually with about 20-30 guys, and it costs us about $15 for a half a day..

I dont know what you can rent/buy that $15 will hold you off with. Unless you play one or two rounds and sit out and watch.

If it is easy to rinse off, rub toothpaste onto the lenses on the inside for a few minutes, then rinse it off. This works for scoba diving, so it should technically work for any other mask. As well, try spitting into the mask (no joke).
    Cody Watson
    Business Student @ SFU [Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management & Technology, Co-op Certificate, Honours]

Why pay to play in a field? Go in the woods! So much more fun, and you save money.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Paint Balling!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Trifolic
    I've actually never tried the fan, however a few people have them, to bad for them they haven't figured out though thats why they are always the first ones out of the game, Nothing like sneaking up on someone that can't hear you because a fan is keeping them cool and making all that noise inside their mask.....

It's WAR out there man, its not supposed to be plesant! lol
    Well I know it isn't supposed to be pleasnt but 5 minutes in to each round I coulden't see anything and had to have my partner cover me while I cleaned my mask. Really we just got soaked and it sucked. They say the fan is "almost" silent. Thats a real big almost. I think ill give it a go but ill also do the anti fog thing.

Thanks
    Jeff

Originally posted by Torith
    Why pay to play in a field? Go in the woods! So much more fun, and you save money.
    We do we play at the local school. Lots of woods. As long as we don't hit any pedestrians (we are very careful and no one is out at 9-12 PM) all the cops can ask us to do is leave. Great great work out. I still have adrenaline running through my veins!

Jeff

My buddy shot me in the side of the headthrough a knothole in a pile of logs once, it was crazy, and stung on impact like a mother.

Originally posted by EH-Stevo
    I dont know what you can rent/buy that $15 will hold you off with. Unless you play one or two rounds and sit out and watch.
    Naw, you just have to make group investments like we all chipped in and bought a refill tank for CO2, something like this

http://www.emeraldelectronic.com/sto.../1781/file.htm

So it was like a 1 time investment of $20 each and then we usually take it to a shop and get it filled for $6.50, and that lasts about 3-4 weeks

And we get our paintballs from sams club 8,000 for $177, between 10 people it comes to like $15 per day around 2,000 paintballs each which iis plenty..

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...cfkjdgoodflg.0

Ah, well yeah if you buy in bulk like that you can save alot

Some people arent into it enough, or just not as smart.

When I played it was $20 admission and about $15 per bag of 500 paint. Not sure how expensive it is for you (you said 15.. That's a tad bit under what I pay ) and I go through about 4 bags per 1 day outting, I do love to spray with my cocker (autococker '02 -- about 10 balls a second non-auto frame and 16 if I'm really trying)

I havn't played in months, so this is based on my last outting. Glad you like it though (a cup might be good for you until you learn to run with your tank blocking the "hot spots" !
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

If i had a solid source of income, itd be nice to play. They closed the closest place to play around here, and all wooded areas are now future houses

Re: Paint Balling!!!!!!!!!

Hey,

Well this is my new wallet draining habbit. Just started tonight for the first time an I love it. Even though im a big guy it seems like it will be a great way to lose some weight. I am looking for 2 things. A good ONLINE CANADIAN store for paintball stuff AND The BEST anti fog goggles you know. I was thinking of a JT mask with this fan thing they have. I sweat like hell and it fogs no matter what and I think there is nothing worse then a foggy mask. Any suggestions or tips on paintballing would be great!

Thanks
    Jeff
    Yeah, its great fun (i've been in the region of 15 - 18 times now) and it gets better every time. It's one of those games that you love and hate at the very same time...
    It hurts but its fun - no pain very little gain.
    The gear you have to wear is a little annoying ie. Helmet, visor, over-clothing and boots but it's all worth it in the great scheme of things. Just make sure you don't get hit in the forhead! - It fu**ing hurts!!
    Have fun...

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Well we all have nearly full coverage goggles since some of the guys have fully automatic guns although they try not to land to many on you. In the summer here (Ontario) its getting pretty hot so I think I am willing to take some pain for the coolness of a long sleeved T shirt. See how these new goggles work out. It is definitely great fun!

Jeff

http://www.rangersairsoft.com/ way more fun than Paintball, and a lot cheaper in the long run... It also hurts a lot less...
    Robert Donaldson | Netivex
    Toronto | Dedicated Servers

I also found that the rounds didn't last long enough, and by the time my adrenaline *really* started pumping and I started really getting into it and shooting with an accuracy I'd never had before, the round was over. That was the worst part. Well, perhaps second to getting shot.

Woot. I just tried it once. And i should say the experience is great! I feel like i am playing a real life counter strike
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

Originally posted by Netivex
    http://www.rangersairsoft.com/ way more fun than Paintball, and a lot cheaper in the long run... It also hurts a lot less...
    what is that?

Paintballing is fun, and a good workout. The expenses far outweigh the benefits though.

For you people who suggest going in the woods.. where are you going to get your CO2 from?

I am really into paintball. I even worked at SC Village at one point. My friend works there currently and has that fan. The fan is not worth it for the money. Its doesnt move much air at all. What i did, even though it wasent the prettiest thing, was take a pentium 3 proc fan, zip tied to to the front of my mask, ran wires on the inside of the mask to a 9 volt battery addapter, then took another 9 volt battery adapter ran it to 12 volts of triple a batterys and used that.. this was after finding out that mask fan from jt wasent worth a crap and wasting my money was great for refing

I currently have a Matrix LCD, WGP prostock autococker (04), and a tricked out tippman 98 custom.

We custom modified a silverbullet to accept a spyder t-board (modifying the wiring harness, body for the optical eye, and modifying the grip to accept the larger board) and were able to get 19 balls (at semi auto) a second off it for less then 300 this was without chopping a single ball or getting a barrel break. Its so great, we would go and play with it and people would be like hey thats not fair your shooting with an angel when everyone else gots low end guns, and were like.. its not an angel its a silver bullet and people's mouths just drop like WHOA.

Just a suggestion get a thermal lens, smoked if they have it, that will cut down on fogging and glare in the sun

Also want to mention, I never wear anything more than some vans, shorts and a white under shirt.. no pain no glory
    Last edited by Steven; 06-04-2005 at 02:43 PM.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I work at a site of a weekend.

A Proteus is the best mask I have ever used in terms of fogging/fit.

Im currently running an Eclipse Bushy, Nexus Cocker. Im a marker tech by trade
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Im into paintball too. I have a tipman custom sniper riffle with the long barel (its nice) i dont get hurt when im shot because i have proper equipment. Kneepads, cup, body armor, armored gloves, elbow pads , a good mask, armored belt to hold my equipment etc.. I paid about 1000$ CAD (aprox 800usd) upfront for the whole equipment but it was well worth it, now i pay about 15$ a day to play as i have a membership and cheap ammo at a local field. (biggest indoor paintball field in america, up here in montreal(named action commandos) )

Well I ordered the JT Nforcer Thermal goggles which are pretty good I hear and the fan. Even if the fan isn't that great ANYTHING will help. I am more concerned with condensation (actually water droplets) then fog on the lens. I also got a pod holder to hold extra ammo (since I'm new I tend to shoot way to much). I can't wait till the stuff gets here!!

Jeff