Thread: Bah

Bah

I thought up a great way to get my new companies name out, simply by getting magnetic business cards and putting them on all the metal mail boxes in my neighborhood. (my neighborhood has an association, we all have the exact same mail boxes)

Before ordering them I looked up laws on mail boxes to make sure that I wasn't going to break any laws or anything of that sort, but it turns out that you cannot put anything in, on, or haning from a mail box. So, I cannot put my magnet on the outside of the mailbox. Bummer

Now, I have to figure out some other legal way to advertise other then putting a piece of paper in their newspaper holder.... I'd like some way that it won't be thrown away right away without the person looking at it first.

Any Ideas or anything of that sort?

Maybe stick them in people's windshield wiper's at parking lots?
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

I'm trying to appeal to my neighbor hood and two other surrounding ones and putting them in windshield wipers at a parking lot wouldn't guarantee me that the people who I want to get them gets them.

Originally posted by immortal9
    Maybe stick them in people's windshield wiper's at parking lots?
    Not a good idea. Try it on my Jeep..... it will be your last, at least with that hand.

DO NOT put them on peoples vehicles. Mail Boxes are a No No. Do your marketing legaly. It is not lik,e you are selling pizza.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Stick them on peoples doorknobs, like those little door hangers. Verizon did it around here, so it must be legal.

Originally posted by EH-Stevo
    Stick them on peoples doorknobs, like those little door hangers. Verizon did it around here, so it must be legal.
    LOL. I hope that was sarcasm. "Big company did it, so it must be legal".
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Of course it was sarcasm

I want to do something that people will most likely read.... I might end up just going door to door telling people and giving them the magnet.

Maybe I could pay off our post office to let me... hehe

You know I know it is not legal to put stuff in mail boxes, but I was told by my post office that is is ok to put them on the out side of the mail box where I live. All 3 post offices said the same thing.

hmm... I'll call the post office tomorrow and see what they say. I'll make sure to say it's a small, 2" x 3.5" business card.

You should be able to stick it on thier mailbox,i have seen others do that round here (They hang stuff from the flag on it) ... I have seen on a couple occasions someone actually put stuff inside the box!!! (But not very often)

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I wouldn't touch mail boxes simply because there's a federal law against it.

If you have a car you can put a sign on it - then park it in a prominent place. I have seen loads of people doing that.