Anybody from Hong Kong can access this site?

Hi All,

I have client in Hong Kong who uses Netvigator & frequently can't access his domain http://www.mavisa.net

My server has been up 100% & is available from all the 21 nodes which Host-Tracker.com uses to monitor the server.

None of my other clients face this problem. (He is the only Hong Kong client I have).

Can you please help me test whether this domain is accessible?

Pl post whether you could access the Domain & which ISP you are using.

Thanx in advance.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

I'm in California (USA) with Comcast and it is unaccessible. I don't know if this is caused by other downtime, but this may be more of a widespread issue if multiple people in multiple countries cannot.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Seems strange.

Not recd any notification of down time from Host-Tracker.
    Last edited by Mikey this way!; 06-04-2005 at 01:59 AM.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Im located in chicago, SBC. I can view the index page.

It is now working, I guess when I tried earlier you were having unrelated downtime.
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Work's here as well.

That's from the UK.

Hello from Sweden! The site in question works from my corner of the world, too.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

I monitor it with Host Tacker & all the 21 nodes show that the site is up but, that Hong Kong client can't access it every now & then. Another fellow member of this forum told me that he can access my personal site which is on the same server from Hong Kong - Netvigator ISP.

Even my client is using Netvigator ISP.

Thanks for posting results. More results/locations are welcome.

I'm from Hong Kong and I use Netvigator. No problem viewing the index page (right now, at least).

I can view it from the UK, are you shure your client doesnt have an blocking software on his computer?

Works fine here (Romania - Eastern Europe).

Hello from China, It is working For me...

Thanx all of you for posting your results. As always I would appreciate more inputs.

It will make my side more strong

I can visit the site without any problem. (Using Netvigator)

Works for me from here in Scotland

Works in England

Thanx all of you.

The reason I wanted the results because, my client has weird problems with this domain.

He has a Netvigator ISP Connection in Hong Kong. He shares the connection among multiple PCs & some PCs can connect to the site & some can't.

Now, I know it is a local problem something related to sharing but, he has problems only with this domain. All other sites he can access from all computers.

I just wanted to be 101% sure that it is not my server problem & will tell him to get a local technician to solve the prob.

He also tells me that sometimes Mails stop working & come back up after sometime. He says normally mails stop working after 11.30am Hong Kong time. Thats weird isn't it.

Thanx for your help you all guys.

Originally posted by hobnob
    I can view it from the UK, are you shure your client doesnt have an blocking software on his computer?
    He has ZoneAlarm firewall. But, as I said before, he can access it sometimes & sometimes he can't.

None of my other clients have this prob. Even my site is hosted on this server & I have no probs.

Originally posted by pang
    I can visit the site without any problem. (Using Netvigator)
    Thanx for that traceroute servers list. That helped a lot. All Hong Kong servers have no problem accessing www.mavisa.net

This makes my side more stronger.