Our arrival at the Hyatt..

We arrived here about two hours ago and we had some problems checking in. They couldn't find our company name, nor my last name at all. They asked us where we reserved the room and we told them about the HostingCon. There were 7 people at the reception and nobody had even heard of the HostingCon at all.

I think you should really enlight these people a littlebit. I showed them our confirmation email so we did still get the discounted price, but it took us about 30 minutes..

I have the confirmation number and confirmed it with reservations yesterday. They should be able to look it up with that...

The desk people probably will not know about the event or have very little knowledge of it. They mainly only deal with hotel rooms, etc. and don't have much to do with the conferences and events at the hotel.

That's very strange, though. I found your reservation fairly easily.
    George A. Roberts IV ~ President & CEO, Purity Networks

Powerful, easy to use antispam services

Well they've literally been searching for like 30 minutes.. And they wouldn't even give me a beer in the meantime :p

Of course I did ask I wasn't joking.. They were just checking things all the time and I asked whether we could have a beer in the meanwhile.. but they are not allowed to serve that at the reception

Originally posted by Apoc
    Of course I did ask I wasn't joking.. They were just checking things all the time and I asked whether we could have a beer in the meanwhile.. but they are not allowed to serve that at the reception
    The worst Denial of Service possible!

firewall didn't help

Don't forget about the Server Central / Interjuncture bash on Monday night.

... and we'll be there for that too

Hi:

I would highly recommend calling the Hyatt prior to arrival, the web based reservation system does not give you the actual "8" digit confirmation number they will need to check you in.

The reservation system gives you an acknowledgement number, but your 8 digit confirmation number will be the key to getting checked in quickly! Just some advice - I spent 2 hours on the phone with our friends at the Hyatt yesterday getting a messy situation handled.
    FastServers.Net
    More than a Server, It's a Solution
    Dedicated Servers | Colocation

Yeah they indeed couldn't find that on my confirmation email. Would be a good idea to do as ap_surge suggested.

sirtwist: where and when?

At the Hyatt in the International Ballroom from 7pm to 10pm.

We're here now.... nice place and hot!

No problems with shuttle bus or check in... on the wireless internet now, so far so good!
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by ap_surge
    Hi:

I would highly recommend calling the Hyatt prior to arrival, the web based reservation system does not give you the actual "8" digit confirmation number they will need to check you in.

The reservation system gives you an acknowledgement number, but your 8 digit confirmation number will be the key to getting checked in quickly! Just some advice - I spent 2 hours on the phone with our friends at the Hyatt yesterday getting a messy situation handled.
    I just call to be sure i was registered and i get my 8 digit confirmation.
    I will be there sunday morning.

- Rodrigo

Whats up all. Just arrived at the Hyatt and it sounds like things went a little smoother for me then they did for you APOC. $10.00 a day for wireless is a rip though but we would probably all pay much more if we had to

Jeff if you need a VIP pass to Club Level for the FastServers.net bash on Tuesday I do have limited passes with me. I will more then likely be at the sports bar on the second floor of the Hyatt later this evening.

APOC I just saw you in the lobby not long ago!

If anyone wants to get together and have a drink tonignt let me know.

Later all!
    Shane Reisner
    FastServers.net
    1-866-753-FAST ext. 104
    [email protected]

Shane,
    I'm actually in a suburb of Chicago, so I'm not at the hotel and won't be until I drive in Monday morning. Maybe you'd be so kind as to save one for me and I could pick it up Monday.

No problem if not though, I don't know how VIP worthy I am. Although my contract does end with my current DC in December. ;-)

The pool is a little cold though
    Simon Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    Shared | Reseller | Managed Dedicated
    www.unitedhosting.co.uk | www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Jeff,

Not a problem. Come see at the booth on Monday and I will be sure to have one waiting for you.
    Shane Reisner
    FastServers.net
    1-866-753-FAST ext. 104
    [email protected]

Hello,
    I called the hyatt and they realy dont know what Iam talking about.. They dont know about the event and there is no reservation in my name and the acknowledgement number I have does not work, they dont know what is it.
    Anyone one here knows what I should tell them to get my 8digit confirmation number? I dont know how to proceed now, as they dont know anything about me, and about my reservation. My english is not so good and Iam having troubles to solve this issue.. Need some help

regards,
    Geraldo Ramos

Just called the Hyatt to confirm my reservation/check-in for tomorrow and the guy pulled it up by last name and confirmed it in about 5 seconds.

I didn't ask about the event though.

I'm printing out and bringing everything I have though, just in case.

I'm really looking forward to this.
    This is not a signature.

Originally posted by m1k3
    Hello,
    I called the hyatt and they realy dont know what Iam talking about.. They dont know about the event and there is no reservation in my name and the acknowledgement number I have does not work, they dont know what is it.
    Anyone one here knows what I should tell them to get my 8digit confirmation number? I dont know how to proceed now, as they dont know anything about me, and about my reservation. My english is not so good and Iam having troubles to solve this issue.. Need some help

regards,
    Geraldo Ramos
    Did you register JUST for the conference and not the hotel? You had to do those seperately as I recall.

Originally posted by m1k3
    Hello,

regards,
    Geraldo Ramos
    Hey Geraldo, when i call to get my 8 digit number they do not know what i was talking about when i mension hostingcon. they find me with my name and first name.

- Rodrigo

Originally posted by orongo
    Hey Geraldo, when i call to get my 8 digit number they do not know what i was talking about when i mension hostingcon. they find me with my name and first name.

- Rodrigo
    Humm.. I will try to call again, I think I gave a wrong lastname...
    Are u brazilian too?

regards,
    Geraldo

Sure hope we don't have any issues getting checked in... I don't expect any issues, though.... I'm in charlorette (or however you spell that) right now waiting for my flight to Chicago... anyone else hostingcon-bound roaming around this airport? lol...

-ee99ee

Originally posted by Shane
    APOC I just saw you in the lobby not long ago!
    Hehe I'm all over the place all the time. Lets all go for a beer somewhere tonight.

No problems when I checked in either. Just gave them my last name and handed over the credit card

- Chris
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. --Oscar Wilde

... should probably use my user to post

- Chris
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

lol good idea