Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cpanel On windows?

WHEN WHEN WHEN??

it has been in 78% done for ever, then they changed the status to: In Development

It is getting to the point that I am closing some of our hosting sites

meanwhile I tried using hosting accelerator for windows but NO and a big NO to it! many bugs...

<<advertising removed>>

is it only me looking forward to cpanel on windows or anyone else out there!?
    Last edited by ldcdc; 06-03-2005 at 10:17 PM.

The status has been to "In development" for as long as i can remember, Im sure lots are eagerly awaiting more news and the release date.
    We'll have to wait and see.
    Regards

the funny part is it had some percentage number before, I guess it was like 78% done (talking about almost 3 years ago)

There was a thread on this http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archiv.../112301-1.html
    long time back .....

How about asking Bill to create a Windows version for current cpanel

lol!! lmao

Why, OH, WHY? Anyway, I'd think instead of them trying at all to support so many OS's, they should fix al lthe problems with the most popular one's and save a lot of people a lot of hassles, before they bother with it on Windows.

I like your concept, but their linux version is VERY VERY stable, at one point I decided to try ensim since the supported both linux and windows. But it was a waste of time and money, nothing compared to Linux version of Cpanel! Cpanel has it's own kind of linux I would say, many things are controlled by cpanel that makes life just much easier. Cheers to Nick

Originally posted by bigmaster
    I like your concept, but their linux version is VERY VERY stable, at one point I decided to try ensim since the supported both linux and windows. But it was a waste of time and money, nothing compared to Linux version of Cpanel! Cpanel has it's own kind of linux I would say, many things are controlled by cpanel that makes life just much easier. Cheers to Nick :)
    I'm not sure what you find as an acceptable term as stable? I'm talking about the control panel, its features, the bugs and security issues. I understand people are tolerant of bugs, even a lot of them, though I don't know why (not saying things are perfect, but some are not acceptable, especially repeatedly). Anyhow, I'm not talking down about Cpanel (I could do that all day if I went off on a rant), but the Linux versions are hardly stable.

Also, I'm unsure what you mean by Cpanel has its own kind of Linux? What does that mean? Also, I don't agree that it controlling things makes life easier, at least not in some aspects. Auto-updates of software ran on the server being updated that you don't need to modify is probably good, yes. It updating and wiping custom configurations that help keep the server well configured and stable, however, is not a good thing. Trust me, there's a lot more work that should be done.

many good points, but do we have any thing better than cpanel out there?

beside I have been using cpanel for almost 4 years now and my life has been easier. Now you can not determine that right? I can say it because I saved time on updating server, saved time on creating new clients, I saved time on creating templates for WHM and CPANEL, I saved time on having my billing softwares use WHM services bluh bluh ...
    Last edited by bigmaster; 06-03-2005 at 08:35 PM.

many good points, but do we have any thing better than cpanel out there?
    I think there is, but everyone's certainly welcome to their own opinion. Cpanel is best in your opinion, it's best for you. I don't oppose how you feel. I have just worked for companies for several years and dealt with too many Cpanel issues to not feel completely aggravated when I even think about it. Luckily, that is not the case any longer.

beside I have been using cpanel for almost 4 years now and my life has been easier. Now you can not determine that right? I can say it because I saved time on updating server, saved time on creating new clients, I saved time on creating templates for WHM and CPANEL, I saved time on having my billing softwares use WHM services bluh bluh ...:)
    I'm glad to hear it's worked out so well for you. Like I said, I just think they should fix the existing issues, especially the one's that continue to keep coming up again and again. If it doesn't bother you or you don't experience them, I'm happy for you. Also, I don't intend to create a long, involved list of problems I have about it, because since I don't have to deal with it anymore, I really don't care anymore. Just suggesting things get fixed.

I would love to give a try to what you are using then

bigmaster, I really think that that paragraph of self promotion in your post was unnecessary and off-topic.

Going back on topic, even if a Windows version of cPanel came out, I definitely wouldn't use it, for two reasons. First of all, I only use Linux servers, and secondly, I suspect that it would be really buggy. I don't even like cPanel too much, but it does its job well.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Sorry It was my first post here so I was kind of excited I tried to remove it actually but it was saying I couldn't edit my own post after 15 minutes... anyway...

cpanel on windows would be buggy, I am sure it would! any thing on windows would be buggy!! current cpanel on linux has bugs too but they are not major, the update is very frequent... I am not trying to advertise them here, but I really would love to know what is a serious competitor to them? Maybe I migrate too...

Sounds like Vaporware to me.

*runs away from Nick's wrath*
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Originally posted by jslivko
    Sounds like Vaporware to me.

*runs away from Nick's wrath*
    I'm sure that that's why cPanel is putting off its release. They don't want to release a buggy script, but since its on Windows, I see that being unavoidable.

I wonder if they are ever going to release it, or maybe it'll be "in development" forever.
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Originally posted by HostingInsider
    I'm sure that that's why cPanel is putting off its release. They don't want to release a buggy script, but since its on Windows, I see that being unavoidable.

I wonder if they are ever going to release it, or maybe it'll be "in development" forever.
    I agree - but it's been at the same stage for ~ a year or more. Seems like it's a stagnant project.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

I agree - but it's been at the same stage for ~ a year or more. Seems like it's a stagnant project.
    More likely the website hasn't been updated....

As far as cPanel bugs, sure they exist(ed), but they are fixed when found...I can't think of any bugs offhand that have been present for too long (and are of any importance)
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Originally posted by nickn
    More likely the website hasn't been updated....

As far as cPanel bugs, sure they exist(ed), but they are fixed when found...I can't think of any bugs offhand that have been present for too long (and are of any importance)
    I can think of a few:

1. cPanel's installer installing perl 5.8.5 in 64 bit mode on a 32-bit FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE box.

2. Certain modules breaking buildapache on FreeBSD 5.x (there's an entry in bugzilla about it thats been open for months, as well as posts in the cPanel forums). (Bugzilla URL: http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2280)

We were talking Linux versions, but I'll push those two to the QA team
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

Originally posted by nickn
    We were talking Linux versions, but I'll push those two to the QA team
    Seems like the bugzilla entry was created by Darrell@cPanel

Seems like the bugzilla entry was created by Darrell@cPanel
    Darren..yes.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

Dunno when the cpanel version for Windows will be out ... ?

But instead o waiting for it, people looking for windows control panel can go for HELM or PLESK.
    Vision Helpdesk : Customer Support Helpdesk Software
    ThinkSupport Solutions™ - ThinkSupport.com

Thinking of Support Solutions ... Think About US .....!!!

yes, but Cpanel has its own place, as its most user friendly, but since its not yet ready people have to look fr altrenatives

I remember it was like a year ago that they cPanel was hiring .Net programmers... so The project shouldn't be dead, but I personally like to see they remove the text from their page and declare that they will never support windows.

I remember it was like a year ago that they cPanel was hiring .Net programmers... so The project shouldn't be dead, but I personally like to see they remove the text from their page and declare that they will never support windows.
    Amen to that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast