I have a Toothache

Well it's been years since I have had a toothache
    but I sure got one now! and it's been hurting all day!
    My dentist is not in today. (AH-Man!)

what helps the soothing process besides pain medication?
      0 Not allowed!

Frozen Stuff, Frozen Veg works for me put it on your tooth it helps me.
    Regards
      0 Not allowed!

I tried that earlier. and the only thing that seems to be
    working is mouth wash. strange I know. but its helping a bit.
      0 Not allowed!

Yea its probaly bacteria hacking away at your enamel, Make sure you stock up on the mouthwash!
    Tried brushing your teeth?
    Regards
      0 Not allowed!

I had a pair of absessed teeth about 2-3 months ago. Wisdom teeth decided it was time to come out!
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large
      0 Not allowed!

If the mouthwash is helping I'd suggest getting some Liquid Tylenol (extra strength). It works wonders, from experience. Just grab a mouthful and keep it in your mouth, over the tooth, till the pain dies down.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.
      0 Not allowed!

Anbesol, OraJel and OraBase are all good. Apply where it hurts with your finger or a Q-Tip or whatever. They numb you up, but doesn't last a long time if you are drinking and eating stuff. If Tylenol or aspirin don't help, try Advil. And, of course, get to dentist as soon as you can.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm willing to bet your mouthwash has alcohol in it... If so, its the alchol in the mouthwash.

The thing that I find that works great is holding some warm salt water in my mouth for about 5 minutes. Sure it tastes nasty, but it works and it brings down the swelling.
      0 Not allowed!

See a dentist -- a good one, at that!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by MGCJerry
    I'm willing to bet your mouthwash has alcohol in it... If so, its the alchol in the mouthwash.

The thing that I find that works great is holding some warm salt water in my mouth for about 5 minutes. Sure it tastes nasty, but it works and it brings down the swelling.
    Time to get drunk!
    Cody Watson
    Business Student @ SFU [Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management & Technology, Co-op Certificate, Honours]
      0 Not allowed!

what tooth is causing the pain? Wisdom teeth can be a b!tch if that's the case, you should see a doc, they may have to remove them.
    * Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *
    The only way to discover the limits of the possibilities is to go beyond them into the impossible.
      0 Not allowed!

Ice cube for me.. i will just put it on my cheek everytime it hurs, i even try to tie it up on my face when im sleeping
    Hope that helps.
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design
      0 Not allowed!

Tried ice cream? for that matter anything could should do the trick....
      0 Not allowed!

actually my teeth are in good condition. and I brush after every
    meal thats why I am suprised. It is a upper Jaw tooth. wisdom got pulled log time ago. I think it has alot to do with my sinus's
    and this stupid weather here in PA, cold then warm then rainy but mostly cold. nasty stuff. I will see how today goes and maybe go see the doctor.
      0 Not allowed!

Might just be a gum infection. That can happen when your immune system is down, or stuggling with something else.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.
      0 Not allowed!

I've heard that Oil of Cloves works well on toothaches. You can read more about it here http://www.wellfx.com/InfoBase/herb_Cloves_.html

You can probably find it in a drugstore or a health store. Good luck!
      0 Not allowed!

The best remedy I ever found was MSM (available at vitamin & health food stores - used as an anti-inflamatory) I would break open the capsule and sprinkle the powder on a moist q-tip and apply it to the affected area. The taste is very strong and quite nasty, due to it being a sulfa based product, but it worked very well.
    Richard W. Kelly
    Hello & Co! - It all starts with Hello ! 1-888-88-HELLO
    HelloandCo.com | HelloHost.com | HelloHost.co.uk | HelloDomains.net | HelloDNS.net | HelloServers.com | Hello-Designs.com | HelloDev.net | HelloSSL.com | HelloPay.us | eHello.net |
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by doot
    actually my teeth are in good condition. and I brush after every
    meal thats why I am suprised. It is a upper Jaw tooth. wisdom got pulled log time ago. I think it has alot to do with my sinus's
    and this stupid weather here in PA, cold then warm then rainy but mostly cold. nasty stuff. I will see how today goes and maybe go see the doctor.
    It's the same here in Philly, really pissing me off. I have this cold that is really messing me over.
      0 Not allowed!