I recently signed up for a VPS, but ended up having to go ahead and get a full dedicated machine. This machine is prepaid until the 16th of August, and I'd be willing to let it go for $35 - period. You would take over payments on the next billing cycle which are $23.99/month.
RAM: 184 Guaranteed, 2GB burst
CPU: Equal Share (on a dual Xeon 2.4ghz machine)
DC: Nac.net (Parsippany, NJ)
OS: Debian Stable (I can have this changed if needed)
VPS Software: UML
Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. I'm also up for considering offers. I really can't use this machine, and would like to get a little bit back from what I paid for it.
This VPS is still available. Lots of window shopping going on, but nobody has shown an serious interest yet.
Here are some answers to the questions that have been asked so far:
* The VPS is through CoreVPS.
* There is not a control panel, but I'm willing to help get Webmin or another opensource control panel installed.
* I'm guessing that CoreVPS would reload the OS, but I'm not positive.
* Payments will resume in mid August at $23.99/month through CoreVPS
* I will give you a SSH login and IP if you'd like to play around on it; just let me know.
If you're interested, please send me an email - not a PM as I don't check my PMs often as mail.
Your value is below that of a brand new VPS with the same specs from the same company, if I am correct that the expiration of the period specified is in 2005, and not 2006. If isn't, I would be very much interested, but only as long as CoreVPS could get me CPanel/WHM.