unmetered Dedicated Server

I want unmetered Dedicated Server

can anyone suggest a good hosting company?

www.orangefiber.com
    www.ev1servers.net
    www.servermatrix.com

There are a few to get you started

What's your budget?

There are really a few different worlds when it comes to unmetered, depending on price.
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

thanks datruesurfer

this one looks ok from orangefiber.com

2+1 Special
    - AMD SEMPRON 2800
    - 512MB DDR2700 RAM
    - 80GB SATA 8MB cache HDD
    - 20 Megabits Dedicated
    - $199/MONTH
    - Add DirectAdmin for $15!
    - Prepay 2 months...
    - ...get 1 month free!
    - Fully Managed
    - Linux, BSD, Windows, Debian

one more thing i need to know..how many downloads a 20 Megabits server can serve in the same time before it starts showing "The Web Server may be down, too busy"

(each file is 200+ MB)

is there anyway to calculate this?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...5&pagenumber=2
    That is why you should not choose Orange Fiber...

Well that Sempron can probably push 200 downloads at a time I'd say, tops.

What reason? I don't see anything bad there, you have NO experience with Orange Fiber abd22791, why are you talking nonsense?

Originally posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    What's your budget?

There are really a few different worlds when it comes to unmetered, depending on price.
    Hi RazorBlue - Dan

so it is about the price ?

let me tell you

one of my sites is shut down ..and the reason is
    "Hello,

Our network monitor detected your site as the source of the overload on our network; our investigation of your site reveals that you have many hits to your site which are downloading the files such as,

/anime/ST03.avi

These files range in size from 150M to 200M and would in fact cause an overload on our network and the server; your only course of action is to upgrade to a VPS server"

this msg from the support team!!!

so ..for me it is not the price ...i want a good deal ..i dont want the host to shut down my server for hidden reasons...when i took that site i didnt know that my files will overload their network..

i want high reputation company + good price

I've had a great experience with orangefiber. If you really need a sparkling reputation company, consider servermatrix, layeredtech, or steadfastnetworks for your unmetered server. But they will cost significantly more than orangefiber.

guest20002,

You may want to increase your budget and look into what you are doing. From what I can see there, you may possibly* be trying to host illegal Anime episodes. Regardless of if these Anime episodes are liscensed outside of the USA or not, they are still illegal.

--GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Hit us with a figure, how much $$$ have you got to spend?

thank you Cserver

well elix....you have a good point.

so i will add one more thing

i want high reputation company + good price + allow Anime episodes

one of the things my site's visitors looking for is anime ..so i should make it available for them..

Originally posted by guest20002
    thank you Cserver

well elix....you have a good point.

so i will add one more thing

i want high reputation company + good price + allow Anime episodes

one of the things my site's visitors looking for is anime ..so i should make it available for them..
    Seeing how Anime episodes are just as bad as warez I don't think any legit hosts would offer hosting for them. In the current state, the odds of getting caught with Anime episodes are actually quite slim. I know there are websites that have over 120+ Animes available for download and they never had any issues with copywright. However, it is simply not a good thing to do. If your site's visitors are seeking illegal Anime episodes then you are targetting the wrong visitors

--GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Ever heard the term "you don't get everything you want in life?".

That said, your best bet would be to look for a host within the country where the materials are licensed (if indeed they are licensed).
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Originally posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    Hit us with a figure, how much $$$ have you got to spend?
    how to decide how much to spend ..based on how much i have in my bank account?

oh lets say it is 100$ per month

how to decide how much to spend ..based on how much i have in my bank account?

oh lets say it is 100$ per month
    You won't get much of an unmetered server for $100.00/month. Low-end unmetered starts at around $199 and high-end starts at $349.

--GSV

Sounds like a prime FDC Servers candidate.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Originally posted by jslivko
    Sounds like a prime FDC Servers candidate.
    I stand corrected, they have offers at $69 . However, I don't know how many users that server can handle. I actually have a box at FDC and speeds have been slow recently but, they are adding AboveNet into the mix which *should* make things much better. You might want to wait until the result of that

--GSV

Originally posted by adb22791
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...5&pagenumber=2
    That is why you should not choose Orange Fiber...
    Well, I don’t have any problem with my server and I don’t see complains from other ORANGE FIBER COSTUMERS

But I do see people complaining about the service of other hosting company on that list.. So much bashing base on "what i heard", "what I imagine", "what I believe" but never base on "I’d been using their servers for such amount of time and............"

what a waste of energy!
    el Dutty-Dutty

Originally posted by elfalso
    Well, I don’t have any problem with my server and I don’t see complains from other ORANGE FIBER COSTUMERS

But I do see people complaining about the service of other hosting company on that list.. So much bashing base on "what i heard", "what I imagine", "what I believe" but never base on "I’d been using their servers for such amount of time and............"

what a waste of energy!
    I would have to agree with that. You can't comment on a company without firsthand experience (read the rules).

--GSV

We just purchased a couple dedicated 10mbit unmetered servers from hivelocity ping times are fast support is pretty good. No complaints so far.