Talking Alien Chain Letter....

The CETI organisation announced today that they have identified and decoded the first CONFIRMED transmission from an extraterrestrial intelligence.

Here is the text of the message that they decoded:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This really works!!!!!!!!

Just send 5*10^50 atoms of hydrogen to each of the five star systems listed below. Then, add your own system to the top of the list, delete the system at the bottom and send out copies of this message to 100 other solar systems.

If you follow these instructions, within 0.25 of a galactic rotation you are guaranteed to receive enough hydrogen in return to power your civilization until entropy reaches its maximum!

Tau Ceti
    Betelgeuse V
    Velox Barnardi
    Arcturus
    Ursa minor Beta

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Like we dont generate enough spam in the US, now we have to get ETs too..

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I heard all new UFO's made after July will have a spam filter built in.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

This really works!!!!!!!!

Just send 5*10^50 atoms of hydrogen to each of the five star systems listed below. Then, add your own system to the top of the list, delete the system at the bottom and send out copies of this message to 100 other solar systems.

If you follow these instructions, within 0.25 of a galactic rotation you are guaranteed to receive enough hydrogen in return to power your civilization until entropy reaches its maximum!

Solar system
    Tau Ceti
    Betelgeuse V
    Velox Barnardi
    Arcturus

Now, how long is 0.25 of galactic rotation? Do I have time to have my breakfast? :-)

Originally posted by oakwood

Now, how long is 0.25 of galactic rotation? Do I have time to have my breakfast? :-)

Don't sweat it, you have plenty of time. The galaxy takes something along the order of 200 million years for to complete one revolution. So a quarter (.25) galactic year is 50 million years. You may be able to squeeze in lunch as well.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

SETI. Not CETI.