NameCheap response time??????

Hi, wondering if anyone knew of a better way to contact namecheap since they don't respond to emails, it seems. I have a question re: emailforwding and chose namecheap for the $, and the reviews seemed pretty good aside from slow email response at times. Is this the norm for them?????

D3

edit: no spelling bee champ here
    Last edited by doodoodomain; 06-03-2005 at 12:22 PM.

Re: NameCheap response time??????

Originally posted by doodoodomain
    Hi, wondering if anyone new of a better way to contact namecheap since they don't respond to emails, it seems. I have a question re: emailforwding and chose namecheap for the $, and the reviews seemed pretty good aside from slow email response at times. Is this the norm for them?????

D3
    I would say it is - seems like a one man operation (at least in the support department). Also, the headers appear to be comming from an SBC DSL line in Texas for e-mails that I have recieved in the past in response to questions sent to them (which were answered fairly quickly).
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

emailfwd

ty for the reply, I'd send you a PM but I'm not allowed til the admin clears me....whatever.

My question about emailforwrding is a simple one, I think. I want to register 2 domains, one w/ hosting and one w/o, but I wanted to be sure that the 2nd name I register (w/o hosting) will forward all email to the other name w/ hosting. Does namecheap offer a catchall for domains w/ no hosting, so I don't have to get hosting on both names when all I need is email?

D3

Odd,

I had received responses from them quite quickly (10-15 mins) for most of my requests.

Try resending them or try from a hotmail or gmail account?
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Namecheap are great. Got a reply to an email, [email protected] within 10/15 mins. I've got 11 domain registered with them, most of which have been transfered to the from other registrars.

Originally posted by audiohosting.org
    Namecheap are great. Got a reply to an email, [email protected] within 10/15 mins. I've got 11 domain registered with them, most of which have been transfered to the from other registrars.
    Was this during normal biz hours, or after hours? (Same question goes to the other posters as well).
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

This was at about 3am.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Namecheap's business has been getting lower since some of the other Domain Name giants have come in its way.
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

my email was later afternoon yesterday thru their website, another sent from a personal account today, no reply. My question is posted in my 2nd response.....I'm a lil new to this stuff and just needed a question verified, but I think I understand (email Fwding), before I signed on w/ NM.

Thnx for all the help.

doodoo

I send them a message today using the website email form and got a response within a half hour. Maybe it depends on the category though? Like perhaps different people read the sales, support, etc messages. Mine was under support.

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

I used these w/ no luck.

D3

They replied back to me in 1 hour

doodoodomain,

We have support available 24/7. Someone is always available. We have also responded to all emails received within the last 24 hrs.

It is possible that your emails are not reaching us for some reason. Please either PM me or try my alternative email address at Richard @ ExpertCreations.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

Re: emailfwd

Originally posted by doodoodomain
    ty for the reply, I'd send you a PM but I'm not allowed til the admin clears me....whatever.

My question about emailforwrding is a simple one, I think. I want to register 2 domains, one w/ hosting and one w/o, but I wanted to be sure that the 2nd name I register (w/o hosting) will forward all email to the other name w/ hosting. Does namecheap offer a catchall for domains w/ no hosting, so I don't have to get hosting on both names when all I need is email?

D3
    BTW regarding your issue, we also do provide catchall email forwarding for domains registered with us free of charge.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

My experiance is they respond real fast

I was orginally going to use them since they had free Whois guard for a while, but I changed my mind since your not allowed to edit the coming soon page.

In my experience their response used to come in 2-12 hours.

Namecheap have been great, thanks to the mighty audiohosting.org recomending me to them. They are FAST!

I've been waiting 3 days to here from them.

Rondo,

If you've been waiting for three days for a response then something is wrong. e.g the email did not reach us or our reply did not reach you.

Please PM and I will personally look into your issue.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

Richard I PM'ed you yesterday.

Have done so again.

Thankyou Richard for your reply.
    Transfer to Namecheap is underway.

Regards,

Andrew

I think it is great Richard has answered here and offered to personally look into Rondo's issue. Obviously, someone wasn't receiving their e-mail(s). Rondo, check your bulk folder.

We have used namecheap.com for several years and have always experienced great support ticket response times. I really like their control panel and highly recommend them.
    Bill
    Bank of America Rip-Off
    I'm Mad as Hell, And I'm not going to take it anymore!