Thread: Liquidweb

Angry Liquidweb

is it only we suffer from liquidweb faults?
    It appear an outgate like once a week and they are unable to report it unless we warn them, even we open manual reboot request it sometimes took more than 2 hours to reboot servers and they are always claiming the server was fine and never lost its pings... altough a filled server of customers sufferring from outgate and monitoring services approved statistics they are able to deny your outgate report
    This is very very bad, also they have deleted a confirmed SLA request of us that was from last month and they have claimed "no there werent any sla request from us that have their confirmation for 50% SLA ..."

Now today again server lost its pings and they again claiming no ping loss the server is fine after rebooting server 2 hours later, just after their reply the server again lost its pings and no support at all heh, it is not a mistake but it is the worst way of doing business by denying your faults.

Did you do a traceroute?
    Are you sure the "server lost its pings" and it wasn't your connection or in a route?

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ping.ch?ip=209.59.166.220

i am so experienced to be sure if a server lost its pings

tough it was just came back

Originally posted by dolay
    http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ping.ch?ip=209.59.166.220

i am so experienced to be sure if a server lost its pings

Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

You have a self-managed server with us. We do not provide fully managed services for it. You are well aware of this. Even so, we have gone out of our way _many_ times to help you.

It seems there are software issues with your machine. Since it is a self-managed server, they are your responsibility. If the hardware is fine, and the network is up, then we have done our job.
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | Average Helpdesk Response <15 Minutes, 24x7 Instant Phone Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @WiredTree | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WiredTree
    zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510

Originally posted by LiquidwebZac
    You have a self-managed server with us. We do not provide fully managed services for it. You are well aware of this. Even so, we have gone out of our way _many_ times to help you.

It seems there are software issues with your machine. Since it is a self-managed server, they are your responsibility. If the hardware is fine, and the network is up, then we have done our job.
    If your service response to the reboot requests and hardware fualts and ping loss warning more quick than this WHT complain then it means you have done your job

Actually, I checked our helpdesk and both reboot requests put in today were handled much quicker than my response, so I guess we are doing our jobs, thanks!

Also, I checked our techs notes in the tickets and each time you said you couldn't ping it/asked for a reboot, we could ping your server from both inside and outside of our network. They had no problem SSHing into your server either, even though you said it was down. Your main server was up fine, what wasn't up was your VPSs inside of it, _which we do not provide support for and have never provided support for as your server is self-managed_.
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | Average Helpdesk Response <15 Minutes, 24x7 Instant Phone Support

Also, it looks like our techs went ahead and fixed your VPS issues for you anyways, even though your server is self-managed!
    Zac Cogswell

I don't get Liquidweb's 100% SLA anyways..Could someone explain to me how they can give 100% Uptime guarantee when the Tier1 providers they use can't even offer that. Sprint gave us a 99.99999% SLA but thats for an Equinix DC cross connect to our cage. How is Liquidweb getting a better SLA then us? If you ask me it's your typical bs marketing tactics.

Originally posted by netchaser
    I don't get Liquidweb's 100% SLA anyways..Could someone explain to me how they can give 100% Uptime guarantee when the Tier1 providers they use can't even offer that. Sprint gave us a 99.99999% SLA but thats for an Equinix DC cross connect to our cage. How is Liquidweb getting a better SLA then us? If you ask me it's your typical bs marketing tactics.
    The reason that the Tier 1's don't give 100% for the most part is because their lawyers tell them not to. Besides, SLA's are marketing tactics anyways - I mean, it won't prevent downtime, it only compensates you financially if the scenario does arise.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Good point. So then we can agree that Liquidweb giving 100% uptime guarantee is false. It just gets under my skin that hosting companies go around throwing stuff like that around and then I end up having to explain to customers how it really works. As I tell them I can't give you 100% guarantee's if i don't get them from my providers. It would be irresponsible and misleading. Oh and Sprint im sure has multiple routers multiple routes and peers not to mention they are in Equinix (which im sure is better then LW DC) so at least they are honest.

Good point. So then we can agree that Liquidweb giving 100% uptime guarantee is false. It just gets under my skin that hosting companies go around throwing stuff like that around and then I end up having to explain to customers how it really works. As I tell them I can't give you 100% guarantee's if i don't get them from my providers. It would be irresponsible and misleading. Oh and Sprint im sure has multiple routers multiple routes and peers not to mention they are in Equinix (which im sure is better then LW DC) so at least they are honest.
    Actually, it's not misleading. It's called "covering your ***".

And, to answer the question another way, LW *can* offer the 100% Uptime SLA is because they have multiple routers connected to multiple providers as upstreams whereas Sprint is connected to multiple ISP's, but yet you are only connected to Sprint (which is an SPOF). The chance of all of those providers or all of those routers going down at once is almost unimaginable.

As an aside, I'd be interested to know (for my own information), how many times since this 100% Uptime SLA has been actually invoked on a network-wide scale. (Zac, if you don't want to answer publicly, e-mail me.)
    Last edited by mripguru; 06-02-2005 at 10:21 PM.

jslivko,

you've given me a great idea. We are going to be the first in the industry to offer 110% uptime guarantee. LOL what do you think about that? Our uptime will be 10% better then even the best. Cant beat that.

jslivko,

you've given me a great idea. We are going to be the first in the industry to offer 110% uptime guarantee. LOL what do you think about that? Our uptime will be 10% better then even the best. Cant beat that.
    I think that thats a great way to get hauled into court over false advertising.

netchaser,

We're not saying "Our network will be up 100% of the time, period." Although that is most definitely what we strive for. We are saying "Our network will be up for 100% of the time, and if it is not, you will be compensated." There is a difference.

If another company offers say a 99% uptime guarantee, that means they can be down for up to 1% of the time before you are compensated per the terms of their SLA.

A good definition of what an SLA is can be found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_Level_Agreement
    Zac Cogswell

Liquid,

Thanks for the clarification. I do appreciate it. I still think the 110% uptime guarantee is a great idea.

good luck working all these issues you guys are having on the boards.

Punchin out!!
    andy

The thread taken to the other step.

Anyways i have to confirm that we have other ordinary servers of LiquidWeb which are their officially offered servers and not have nor lived any problem yet.

The problems that i told was appearred on the server which is a special custom quotad virtuozzo scsi raid0 dual opteron244 server and it seems the troubles become bigger because of the nature of virtuozzo & raid0 which is not their officially offered and supported type of servers..