Couple Of Questions

Does anybody know a program where I could create pop ups for my site, or does my host come with it

Also, Does anybody know a program where I could create games for my web site.

You can create popups with Javascript. Dreamweaver even comes with some scripts that do that.

You can create games with Flash.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Depending on the nature of the popups, I can write some scripts for you. This is pretty easy stuff create. Explain in a little more detail, and I'll respond here with the code you need.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Well, my site is not up yet, but I was just wondering. I'll talk to you in a little bit, but what programs do you use to make them!

I just write them. Are you talking about the contents of the popups, or the mechanisms that make them function?

I use for popups the same programs I use for all development, primarily Homesite (HTML text editor) and Fireworks (graphic design program). To actually create the popup effect, I just code it. I do it in such a way that popup blockers are rendered ineffective - at least I've not found one that's been able to block mine yet, barring complete disabling of JavaScript in the browser (not a bad idea at times).
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Have you ever considered that some people hate pop-up's, find them intrusive and destructive?

Have you ever considered there is a reason people actually use pop-up blockers?

Have you ever considered this would be more harmful to your marketing strategy than it would be beneficial.

Sheesh.

Pop ups are those windows with advertisements which drive people crazy? I wouldn't use them.

Originally posted by -T{H}R-
    Have you ever considered that some people hate pop-up's, find them intrusive and destructive?

Have you ever considered there is a reason people actually use pop-up blockers?

Have you ever considered this would be more harmful to your marketing strategy than it would be beneficial.

Sheesh.
    Let's be fair now! He never said he wanted to have advertising popups, only that he wanted to know how to make popups in general

This could mean little windows into which a full size picture pops up when you click on a thumbnail. Or it might be for serving up important administrative announcements without breaking up the structure of the front page of the site. It's quite possible the popups he wants will be beneficial and are not born out of an ill-conceived marketing strategy!

Sorry, I ought to have made myself clearer - I was responding to your claim to beating the pop-up blockers of browsers.

Sorry, I ought to have made myself clearer - I was responding to your claim to beating the pop-up blockers of browsers.
    The same point stands. It's scripting that allows you to bypass popup blockers for whatever purposes you might find necessary. If it's to pop up advertisements, you're probably not doing yourself any favors. If it's to pop up information that's more legitimately associated with the site, or to serve up certain types of content within the site in an expected manner, visitors are likely going to give this a much warmer reception.

Anytime you make a design or behavior choice on a site, you take a risk of alienating a certain portion of your audience. Some choices will alienate a lot of people, some will alienate very few or none. That's in the hands of the person controlling the content. Me? I just write the scripts

Remembering the user always has the choice to enable pop-ups from a certain site. If you continue to circumnavigate prevention methods then it'll only be a short amount of time before the techniques used to circumnavigate the blockers are used for all forms of advertising etc.

But I do agree in the above scenario it would be acceptable.

Remembering the user always has the choice to enable pop-ups from a certain site. If you continue to circumnavigate prevention methods then it'll only be a short amount of time before the techniques used to circumnavigate the blockers are used for all forms of advertising etc.

But I do agree in the above scenario it would be acceptable.
    Probably, but that's why I generally browse with JavaScript completely turned off

I would but the opportunity cost is too great.

Well, I would be just using pop-ups advertsing a special occasion that would be taking place on my site