Canada's Red Cross guilty in HIV scandal

Canada's Red Cross guilty in HIV scandal
    Distributed tainted blood killing thousands at time of deal with Bill Clinton's Arkansas

Posted: May 31, 2005
    5:00 p.m. Eastern

2005 WorldNetDaily.com

The Canadian Red Cross pleaded guilty to distributing blood tainted with HIV and hepatitis C in a health disaster that has killed more than 3,000 people.

The organization, which distributed the blood in the 1980s, paid a fine of $4,000 for causing more than 1,000 Canadians to contract blood-borne HIV and as many as 20,000 to become infected with hepatitis C.

As part of the plea deal yesterday, Canadian Red Cross Secretary General Dr. Pierre Duplessis issued a public apology via videotape that was played in the courtroom to survivors of the victims.

"[The] Canadian Red Cross Society is deeply sorry for the injury and death ... for the suffering caused to families and loved ones of those who were harmed," said Duplessis.

As WorldNetDaily reported, Bill Clinton was at the center of a scandal in Arkansas in the 1980s involving the sale of AIDS-tainted blood to Canada, which was distributed through the Red Cross.

As governor of Arkansas, Clinton awarded a contract to Health Management Associates to provide medical care to the state's prisoners. The president of the company was a long-time friend and political ally of Clinton and later was appointed by him to the Arkansas Industrial Development Commission. Later, he was among the senior members of Clinton's 1990 gubernatorial re-election team. Entire article.

World... News... Daily... Serriously now? Can't you come up with a better democrat bashing source then that?

Martinez, do you have a legitimate source that has some tangible evidence that Clinton is anyhow related to this story?
    Something other than a half wit right wing gossip column?

No. I didn't think so.
    It wouldn't be very easy to troll if you actually had to provide facts now would it?

Don't make me laugh. Do any of you kids deny that the Canadian Red Cross pleaded guilty to distributing blood tainted with HIV and hepatitis C in a health disaster that has killed more than 3,000 people?

Arrow

Originally posted by Martinez
    Don't make me laugh. Do any of you kids deny that the Canadian Red Cross pleaded guilty to distributing blood tainted with HIV and hepatitis C in a health disaster that has killed more than 3,000 people?
    I think they are more denying the realtions between it and clinton, not the actual event..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Did the Canadian Red Cross plead guilty to distributing blood tainted with HIV and hepatitis C in a health disaster that has killed more than 3,000 people? Yes or no?

Yes, They did.
    However, People are questioning the comment about Clinton being related to the incident.
    --

This doesn't shock me in the slightliest. I've always known the redcross to be shady and comitting illegal activities on a regular basis. Who knows what other devious schemes they have running. This isn't the first time we've heard about corruption in the red cross.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?