Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HostRocket.com are in the top 5?

I have been speaking to my friend who runs a music page and says they are great. I am interested in using them for my Country Music promotions company.

If your friend has had a good experience with them, then no one can really complain. It also depends on how much space and bandwidth you need at the end of the day.

The guys there do seem like great people and I admire some of their ideas like NOCBlog and the Free Daily Ipod!
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

I've been a HR user for about two years or so. For the most part they have been good, but some of their add ons are pricey.

In December 2003, they had a crash on the server my site was on and I lost everything. It was upsetting, but I rebuilt quickly and they reimbursed me for two months. Just today something screwy happened where I was either hacked, or someone moved a file somewhere or something and all my html and php files dropped to 1kb. I had to replace them all, and the message board is toast.

As I said, for the most part they have been good, but I might try a change now since my site is sort of on hiatus.
    -John

Where did you see them listed as top 5 hosts online? There are many websites that list top 10 and top 5 hosts, they are being paid to do so. I am not saying that all websites do this, but most websites list them to get paid.

If you do a search here about HR, you will find many reviews on them.

Best of luck

I remember checking them up, and I wouldn't put them among any "top 5" ... unless the list is "top 5 affiliate money payers"!
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

I only joined HR on the recommendation of someone who was satisfied with them. My previous host was...I forget the name, but they went under and took my money with them.
    -John

Well, they do have satisfied customers. Good Luck!
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

"Nadabrahma" is rite!

"Nadabrahma" is rite!
    Are you a satisfied HostRocket customer?

I can say as a webhost, I've always respected the sense of honesty that they've brought to our industry

Originally posted by Laws
    The guys there do seem like great people and I admire some of their ideas like NOCBlog and the Free Daily Ipod!
    Thank you for the compliment; we certainly try our best.
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service

I met the owner of host rocket here at hosting con and he is a great guy. Really inspiring to get to talk with someone on his level.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

I met John Reyes CTO and Timothy DIck VP operations from Host Rocket on Monday at the lunch table. Both seemed like good guys to me.
    http://www.ChicagoJobResource.com
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment

good hosting indeed

Originally posted by markcw
    I met John Reyes CTO and Timothy DIck VP operations from Host Rocket on Monday at the lunch table. Both seemed like good guys to me.
    Originally posted by eleven2
    I met the owner of host rocket here at hosting con and he is a great guy. Really inspiring to get to talk with someone on his level.
    It was great to meet many faces from WHT while at HostingCon for us as well. 
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service

I personally have an account with Hostrocket and I haven't had any downtime whatsoever with them, the same site I have on their servers literally dropkicks one of my personal dual xeons to pieces.. so they're definitely one of my favourite hosts.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Well, I was trying to decide between Hostrocket and GISOL. A friend highly recommends Hostrocket and as a frequent patron to her site, I know why. It's never down..Or I haven't seen it down.

And thank you Timothy and David for now helping me make my final decision! I'm signing up with Hostrocket!

Thank you very much!
    Dawn

Hey markcw. I met tons of people at HostingCon this week and it was great to get to know everyone. Where were you from?... I'm trying to bring up a face to go with the screen name.
    John K. Reyes, RHCE, CISSP
    CTO HostRocket.com, Inc.

Just signed up with Hostrocket and waiting for my welcome letter.

I'm glad I finally decided on one. I still can't believe my previous host just disappeared off the face of the earth lol.. But anyways, I think I made the right choice.

Take care,
    Dawn

Good luck with your new host Dawny! Come back a few months from now to let us know how things go.

HRJOhn,

I'm from Cary, IL a NW suburb of Chicago - we met at the lunch table and talked.
    http://www.ChicagoJobResource.com
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment

Dawn,

Let us know how it goes.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Oh yeah!... i was confused because you said lunch table when I went to the restaurant in the hotel for lunch. Now I remember it was right before Robert Marsh's speech.
    John K. Reyes, RHCE, CISSP
    CTO HostRocket.com, Inc.

Re: HostRocket.com are in the top 5?

I'm curious, what's the website that says HR is in top 5 hosts?

Re: Re: HostRocket.com are in the top 5?

Originally posted by imagination
    I'm curious, what's the website that says HR is in top 5 hosts?
    Google it and you will find plenty of sites listing HR as top 5 hosts.

Originally posted by markcw
    LOL..I work with John's father...he's sitting just around the corner from me now.

Does HostRocket offer reseller plan? I just checked their website and they don't seem to offer it.

Does HostRocket offer reseller plan? I just checked their website and they don't seem to offer it.
    You can resell their services/packages, but I don't see a reseller hosting plan in the form that is coined now.

http://hostrocket.com/products/reseller.htm

I've heard good reviews about HostRocket and if they are in the top 5, I'm sure they definitely earned it.
    X5 Internet - Cheap, affordable web hosting w/ dedicated solutions!
    24/7 support, 99.9% uptime, cPanel & More

..Everything you want from a hosting company..

Talking

Thanks David and Idcdc!! I love them so far. They respond quickly to messages and the hosting rocks. I see why they are listed among the top 5! I was told they were good and well now I know they are great! I will come back with a review in a month or so for you. I love this forum. It was very helpful to me during my confusion over the disappearance of my old host Webtec Solutions. Thanks so much everyone!

I'll be back!

Why are you second guessing your friend? Word of mouth is always the best. You know your friend wouldn't of lied to you they have nothing to lose.

I think you're talking to me... I wasn't second guessing my friend. She knows what she's talking about. I totally trust her judgement. I was just trying to make a wise decision for myself and get different opinions from here before I invested alot of money. I knew it was going to be expensive for what I wanted, so I made sure I had my facts in order first. And this is the best place to do that. Have a nice weekend!

No i understand! Sorry if I came off rude! Good idea on making sure the facts are straight!

You can always try them out for a month!
    The Diary of a Web Hosting Startup
    http://webhoststartup.blogspot.com/

I've been using Hostrocket for two weeks now and am completely let down by not only their product but their support as well. My site goes down every day between 4 and 5:30 EST and everyday I report it. They respond hours later saying "everything appears fine"...

I have had nothing but problems with my site as well as my forums. I would have liked to have stayed with my previous host, Fatcow, but unfortunately couldn't get telnet access to backup my DB with them.

It's a shame because I really wanted to like hostrocket.

Originally posted by joelc73
    I've been using Hostrocket for two weeks now and am completely let down by not only their product but their support as well. My site goes down every day between 4 and 5:30 EST and everyday I report it. They respond hours later saying "everything appears fine"...

I have had nothing but problems with my site as well as my forums. I would have liked to have stayed with my previous host, Fatcow, but unfortunately couldn't get telnet access to backup my DB with them.

It's a shame because I really wanted to like hostrocket.
    Which site do you host with them?

Originally posted by Nadabrahma
    I remember checking them up, and I wouldn't put them among any "top 5" ... unless the list is "top 5 affiliate money payers"!
    good one.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I've had Hostrocket now for almost 5 months and I LOVE THEM! I've not had a major problem at all and any little problems *that I created mostly* they've been right on the ball and helped me. They are very courteous and well worth every penny. Plus you get TONS of extras... I'll be renewing my six month contract and probably getting a two year one. That's how much I love this host! I totally recommend them.

Take care,
    Dawn

http://darrensplace.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast