We have wonderful customers...

Have you ever had a customer say something that just makes all the blood, sweat and tears you put into your business, suddenly seem entirely worth it?

Customer: i just wanted to ask, how often you backup the who server ?
    Me: user backups are nightly
    Customer: you mean, you backup every night ?
    Me: yep Some may occasionally be a couple days old if backups fail for one reason or another, but we do have nightly backups running
    Customer: wow
    Customer: i'm so lucky
    Customer: to have host like you
    Me: I'm flattered to hear that
    Just wanted to share the joy. I hope everyone else is having a great day as well!

Anyone else got any good stories?

Edit: Mods, if this is too close to self promotion or anything, feel free to delete. Though it is not intended as such. Thanks!
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

Yep, I had one just this morning, ironically almost the same situation.

Client... I was in phpmyadmin and accidentally DROPPED all the tables in our biggest database! cry cry sob sob. Is there anyway you can restore it? We haven't done a back up since December!

Me... Give me just a minute.....pulled the backup off of SAN, restored back to 2:00 A.M. this morning.

Client... Thank G*d. You saved my *ss !! How much will that cost.

Me.. Nothing, hope your day goes better.

It always feels good to bail out someone that just dug a HUGE hole.
    Midwest Dedicated
    Content Management Solutions, Design, Managed Servers
    http://www.midwestdedicated.com
    Providing the highest quality IT services since 1999.

Originally posted by oanielsen
    Yep, I had one just this morning, ironically almost the same situation.

Client... I was in phpmyadmin and accidentally DROPPED all the tables in our biggest database! cry cry sob sob. Is there anyway you can restore it? We haven't done a back up since December!

Me... Give me just a minute.....pulled the backup off of SAN, restored back to 2:00 A.M. this morning.

Client... Thank G*d. You saved my *ss !! How much will that cost.

Me.. Nothing, hope your day goes better.

It always feels good to bail out someone that just dug a HUGE hole.
    Yes in deed, expecially when they are nice about it. Does make your chest puff up, no?
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

Yes, those times makes us very satisfied and believe what we are doing is actually worth it.

Me: Hi how may I help you.
    Customer: How are you?
    Me: Fine, you?
    Customer: Very good.
    Me: Why?
    Customer: you guys are awesome.

Directix Inc. Web Hosting Solutions
    Professional and Reliable Hosting Solutions starting only $2.95/Month!
    - 99.99% Uptime Guaranteed!
    Technical Support Hotline: 1 (925) 980 7720
    http://www.directix.net

A client of ours drive down from Malaysia on Fri specially with a box of famous pastries for us. It is a very feeling that our work are appreciated : )

Originally posted by WebOnce
    . . . Does make your chest puff up, no?
    Not really. It just comes with the territory.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Re: We have wonderful customers...

Originally posted by WebOnce
    Have you ever had a customer say something that just makes all the blood, sweat and tears you put into your business, suddenly seem entirely worth it?
    We recently sold Aussie Hosts, and here's an ex-customer making sure that we know how much our past efforts were appreciated over the years:

http://www.aussieforum.com/showthread.php?t=11568

Not to mention, the well wishes that the announcement itself brought about:

http://www.aussieforum.com/showthread.php?t=11554

It just doesn't get much better than that.

Gary

I actually had one about 2 / 3 weeks ago and I have it in my AIM profile

I was talking with him regarding some of our packages, he was interested in purchasing.. etc. It just didn't work out, but the last line he said was:

"i want to wish you and refresh the best of luck...you guys are models of what support should be like" (word for word)

I probably smiled for the next 20 minutes, that was a good night
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Originally posted by boonchuan
    A client of ours drive down from Malaysia on Fri specially with a box of famous pastries for us. It is a very feeling that our work are appreciated : )

When we first started, I mean maybe 2 months into midPhase, it was really just Dan and I. A client wanted to show his appreciation by sending pizzas. He sent 7 large pizzas... for the two of us.

Definitely a nice feeling.

Zak
    CEO of SingleHop

Very cool! I'm glad to see this thread going so well. Customers are wonderful people, really!

Originally posted by midPhase-Zak
    When we first started, I mean maybe 2 months into midPhase, it was really just Dan and I. A client wanted to show his appreciation by sending pizzas. He sent 7 large pizzas... for the two of us.

Definitely a nice feeling.

Zak
    Can I borrow him for a month? Sometimes I get a bit hungry
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    Can I borrow him for a month? Sometimes I get a bit hungry
    Not a chance! This guy bought Giordanos pizza, like 35 bucks a pop. He spent more in pizza than a year of service.. heh
    Zak
    CEO of SingleHop

Originally posted by boonchuan
    That kind of appreciation is nice. It certianly makes up for the long days and sometimes sleepless nights. Even though I sold httpme last year, I still get emails/PMs from folks, thanking me for helping them, being an inspiration for them (yes, that shocks me too), and basically being there for them.

If you have a customer centric philosophy, folks are drawn to you, and you never have to worry about growing your business, as it grows itself. Happy customers share their experience with your business to their friends, and that imo is the best way to grow a hosting business. It might be slow, and not very spectacular, but slow and steady is good in my books.

Oh yeah, if you've got a sales forum - having your customers answer questions to potential customers, and praising your service, is IMO the very best level of sales interaction you can get! It doesn't get any better than that, from a sales perspective.

It is a good feeling to be appreciated. We had a client who signed up, and we didn't see any activity for 3 months. Didn't receive any responses to emails, so one night at home I thought I would call him and see if everything was ok.
    It turns out that he had been really sick, and didn't have any energy, and had pretty much given up on everything. We chatted for about an hour, with the call ending on a "send me your old site, and I'll get it up for you, no reason not to until you are able to get a new site up" along with my home #. This was his business site which previously made quite a bit of money in conjunction with his brick and mortar.
    He sent me the files, I cleaned them up a little, uploaded them and created an email forwarder to his isp email account, and left it at that.
    2 weeks later, he called my house, asked my wife for our mailing address, and she, remembering the chat I had with him, gave it to him. 4 days later a custom cue arrived, in a case, with all accessories. I called to ask him why he had sent this, and he said because after talking with me, he had a renewed interest in his life, and it was due to me. We talk once a month or so now, and his business is thriving again.
    Each time, before we hang up, he let's me know his success is due to the phone call I first made. He has been with us for over 3 yrs now, and when I travel, the cue comes with me
    Need Control Panel help? Tutorials, FAQS, user guides. and more
    Don't have the control panel you use listed? Let us know.

Robert, that's a really nice story.

It reminds us that the folks on the other end of that domain/account, are real people, and the hosting business is as much about people to people interaction, as it is about the tech side of things.

It hits home even more when you undergo similar situations, and the role is reversed. Too many companies are cold, impersonal places, and really don't care about you as a person. It's nice to see that there are some caring companies.
    On a side note, I have to travel on a setup to his home town, (I do custom hardware and software installation/setup for a niche market) and will be stopping to see him. He graciously offered to have me stay with him as long as I was in town. I won't stay there, (I shake the buildings when I snore, and I don't want to leave him with the memory of that), but it will be nice to put a face to an old friend
    Need Control Panel help? Tutorials, FAQS, user guides. and more
    Don't have the control panel you use listed? Let us know.

Thats great to know Robert, i wish there was more clients out there who are that kind

The way the client interacts with you also depends how the staff are with them and the service that you provide.

If you are good to them , i am sure they are good to you, well in our case anyways

Don't want to hijack the thread, but to RH Robert:

Wow. All too often all we hear about are the negatives of many hosting providers. It is really refreshing to hear something as positive as that. Going above and beyond doesn't seem to be too popular these days.

Originally posted by AdrenalineX
    Don't want to hijack the thread, but to RH Robert:

Wow. All too often all we hear about are the negatives of many hosting providers. It is really refreshing to hear something as positive as that. Going above and beyond doesn't seem to be too popular these days.
    Along that line, I hadn't heard from many of our customes in a while, so I sent out an email to each asking how they were and such.. still haven't heard back from about 3/4ths of them...

I'm about to phone, and if that doesn't work, send out search parties... I'd hate to find out some of these customers are now in probate or anything...