FTP with multiple user for a website

I'm using vsftp and I'm trying to set up multiple FTP users for one website account. I would like all of these users to be able to upload, change, delete, etc..

My original thought was to create the users and put them in the same group. Then make all the files with 774 permissions. For some reason I don't think this is a good idea security wise. Plus when some one uploads, it uploads in 644 so the other FTP users can't change it.

So what is the best way to handle this?

Anyone know?

hi,

This is what virtual directories are for.

The virtual directories have to be in the *user's* root, then you just CD to the directory.
    If you need help in setting it up, you'll need to tell us the version of IIS/Windows...
    In your FTP config, you need a Virtual Folder under the user's home folder pointing to the web site they need access to.

checkout the following link for:

How To Set Up an FTP Site So That Users Log Onto Their Folders:

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;EN-US;201771
    Bright Info Solutions

This is on Linux

hi,

sorry for above reply. please check it out down:

FTP User Manager is a powerful and easy-to-use administrative tool that allows you to set specific restrictions for vendors and employees who need FTP access. Eliminate the possibility of redundant changes, costly errors and give yourself the peace of mind knowing your critical website files will not be accidentally altered or deleted. FTP User Manager is the easiest way to create and manage multiple FTP Users.
    Bright Info Solutions

I'm not sure how to do it via vsftp, but I have been using pureftpd for this purpose. I set up mysql authentication and it works beautifully. It also supports passwd authentication as well.
    TWSites.com - Business Web Hosting Solutions & Server Management Since 2003