Need a mail server for phpBB

Hello,

I have recently installed phpBB on a free host which have the mail() funtion disabled and does not provide a SMTP server.

My ISP's SMTP server only allows mails from within their network (as most do) and Gmail SMTP server requires TLS which phpBB does not support. Those are the two possible solutions I thought of but failed for me.

FYI the free host is www.100webspace.com

Anyone had to deal with that issue? How did you fix it? If not, any idea?

Thank you

what about changing host ? Why are they don't offer smtp ?

Or you could try to look for host that would give you that kind of mail hosting...

Well, I selected that host because they had a nice free service which included all I need, and because they have good prices for when I'm ready to pay (in a few months). Needed something that is free now and can grow with my business without the need to change host every few months.

SMTP is not available on the free plan, only the paid ones. Which I didn't realize until yesterday. So I was looking for a solution in the interim. In a few months, when I'm ready to pay, I will get that mail server included.

well... if you only need a service for sending forum message notification... something like gmx or hotpop could probably solve your trouble...

They offer both smtp and pop with authentication. So you use their smtp in your settings with your user/pass and that's it.

You should read their terms of service but it's probably fine to use them for your needs.

Or maybe, someone here can give you such service for free... or for a very low price...