how to SEO a new site?

I am just run a new site, but few transfer from Search Engine.

any good idears?

thanks for your time
    Submit your site
    Are you the Rich Man

You might want to check out http://www.seopapers.com which is owned by INet, who also owns this forum. There is probably a lot of useful information to be found there to do your own SEO.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

SEO work is both an art and a science. There are many sites on the net dedicated to bringing you SEO info. Nothing works long term as well as the basics. Use a good title, a good description, don't keyword spam, use image alt tags, get good RELEVANT linking from other sites to name just a few and you will rise in the rankings over time.

And remember Google is NOT the only game in town. Do your homework, tweak your site and watch the results. Wordtracker.com can be a good place to start, as well as SEOwatch.com and the previously mentioned seopapers.com. WebCEO has some good SEO analytic software (dont' get the pro version - it's overkill).

And beware of the "We can get you a numebr one listing" spammers. Most of those are scams of one sort or another. The best and most legitimate companies don't spam but are highly respected members of the SEO boards.

Hope this helps!
    Game control panels - control your game world your way. Server-Genie.com
    http://server-genie.com

you can look at seochat

www.seochat.com
    http://www.empresasdehosting.com
    THE WEB HOSTING INDEX IN SPANISH
    http://www.empresasdehosting.net
    THE WEB HOSTING DIRECTORY IN SPANISH

Check out Search Engine Optimization for Dummies. Great book, explains the basics very well.
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

go try www.WebCEO.com very good software.

thanks guys,

I have tried many ways to SEO, as a result the yahoo and msn bots has come but rather confused the googlebot has not been found and I just found a simple page link in google
    Submit your site
    Are you the Rich Man

One of the first things you might want to do is submit your site to Google
    Directix Inc. Web Hosting Solutions
    Professional and Reliable Hosting Solutions starting only $2.95/Month!
    - 99.99% Uptime Guaranteed!
    Technical Support Hotline: 1 (925) 980 7720
    http://www.directix.net

I have tried many ways to SEO, as a result the yahoo and msn bots has come but rather confused the googlebot has not been found and I just found a simple page link in google
    In order for Google to find your site you must have links from sites that are already indexed by Google. I got a link for one of my sites from a page rank 4 page and the Googlebot showed up within 5 days.

From what I've read, Google prefers to find your site through links. Just submitting to Google often takes to long for the bot too show up.

Good luck!
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

Originally posted by directix
    I have done that, but nothing happened
    Submit your site
    Are you the Rich Man

Originally posted by directix
    As long as you have links going to your site google will find it. No need to submit your sites.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Submitting to Google is not as good as having it found - especially if it is found on a site with good link pop for your search terms. As has been pointed out - being found that way will get you in within a week. BUT the site you're listed on should be highly ranked for search terms that are similar to yours to have the best effect.

Another good place to list that is sometimes overlooked is DMOZ. Yes they have their problems, but a listing in DMOZ can give you a boost other places.

Yes DMOZ listing is important but it will take you a very long time getting listed.

The main objective is not to forget the content is the ''king'' include alt tags in your images, also include meta tags and gain more backlinks ;-)

Good luck

you need to have quality inbond links to your site.
    from quality inbound links, i mean links from the pages that have good page rank value. atleast with PR 5.

But be sure those inbound links have something to do with your site. If your site is about server hosting an inbound link from a site about cosmetics with a PR of 8 will not do you as much good as an inbound link from a site listing server hosts that has a PR of 3.

Google weighs both relevance and link pop in determining your ranking and positioning. Since there are several schemes floating around to artificially boost link pop Google has gone to looklng for fewer but more relevant inbound links.

In theory if you want to get all your pages listed on google fast you should use this:

*.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/login

Let us know if it works.

PS
    Anyone got Windows version?
    Vojska.net - wargaming, military history
    World of photography - everything about photography

Originally posted by Ivan Bajlo
    In theory if you want to get all your pages listed on google fast you should use this:

*.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/login

Let us know if it works.

PS
    Anyone got Windows version?
    yeah , I have tried that , but it seems there are some dns problems with my site
    Submit your site
    Are you the Rich Man

Hello,
    In order for Google to find your site you must have links from sites that are already indexed by Google. I got a link for one of my sites from a page rank 4 page and the Googlebot showed up within 5 days.
    Any there any PR4+ websites that sell links to others. It seems that this is a quick way to get indexed.

I came across quite a number of such sellers under Advertising Opps and Requests, you can want to check out there.