Looking for a "reliable" reseller host...

Hi all,

I'm with bluewho for about 2 year now....my account was on their 3rd server, now they have 30 servers...
    service, reliability and performance has drop below “MY” acceptant…time to change the hosting company
    (I don’t know it just me or…..)

I host 3-5 important websites with 20-50MB emails traffic pre days,…and 10-15 friends website for fun…

Here are my requirements…

1. 2GB space and 20GB transfer
    2. WHM, Cpanel with Fantastico
    3. 30 domains with 3-5 IPs
    4. PHP 4.x
    5. Spam Assassin or some other email Spam
    6. Forum support

My budget is about $40+….i think it should be enough to find a decent host company..

I was going to try Hostzoom.com or resellerzoom.com, sent two pre-sales questions email, never receive anything back from them….

Any advise are welcome, ….TIA

michael

Hi,

It doesn't look like you require that much and you will easily find a good host for that budget or less. Take a look in the shared and reseller offers here and I am sure that doing a little research will put you in touch with a host that will meet your needs.

Hi Michael:

The topic that you want others opinion has been here many many time. If you go through other posts in this forum you will soon find your host that can suit your needs.

Best wishes.
    AssuredHost.Com
    Secured Shared and Reseller Web hosting Solutions
    We Host Your Trust

Thank you for your replied...

I did my home work before posted, here are my list,

Site5.com
    - did a forum search, got some complaints recently

hostgator.com
    - server down for couple day last year

httpme.com
    bluewho.com
    - some owner, server over load, email...etc

Simpli.biz
    - DirectAdmin, not Cpanel

varhosting.com
    - website seem to be very slow everytime i visit..

diyhosting.com
    - Plesk 7 and H-Sphere, not Cpanel

dathorn.com
    - can't find open fourm on their website..

Idologic.com
    - Will look into it, however i don't like the unlimited domain things..

I wanna find out if there are other reseller hosting out there that charge a little bit more but provide better service in return?

Thanks

There are and I`m sure that you will find what you need.
    Do not rush, do your homework
    Search this forum, and look for impressions and short reviews.
    I`m sure that they will help you a lot.

by the way,
    1. during April 2005, one of bluewho customer went with Idologic...
    2. secure.idologic.com has received an incorrect or unexpected message. Error Code: -12227 ?
    what was that?

Originally posted by lotswin

dathorn.com
    - can't find open fourm on their website..
    It's very open http://forums.dathorn.com/
    Dathorn, Inc. - Premium cPanel/WHM Hosting since 2002! Check Out Our Blog!
    Experience the Dathorn Difference! - andrew@dathorn.com
    LiteSpeed | Clustered DNS | CloudLinux | CageFS | KernelCare | Imunify360
    Pure SSD Storage | Off-Server & Off-site Backups | Softaculous | SpamExperts

lotswin, I feel your pain, I'm flipping between Site5, RSHosting, JodoHost and BlueWho.

Thank you for your replied...
    Site5.com
    - did a forum search, got some complaints recently

diyhosting.com
    - Plesk 7 and H-Sphere, not Cpanel
    If you read the "complaints" about Site5 carefully, you'll notice that most of them are either proven false or amicably resolved (though I know that that is of no comfort to those that were affected by the incident(s) that caused the thread)

As for DIYHosting, they're a reputable company with a good product. It's true while they don't offer cPanel publicly (I know that they do have one or two cPanel boxes laying around still hosting some legacy customers, so it might be worth your while to e-mail them and ask). However, I have used their system (and H-Sphere) at length in the past and I find it better than cPanel in many respects (and I really do appreciate the effort that Simon and his team have put into everything - they really do have a great brand and I wish them all the best with their reseller and now VPS offerings). It might be a bit of a learning curve, but you do pick it up fast and Simon and crew are always there to help (I wouldn't be surprised if Simon was already writing a response to you while I type this). One of the main features of H-Sphere is CLUSTERED SERVICES. DIYHosting has over 20 servers that operate in harmony in order to provide a stable distributed environment for customer (reseller) sites. Previously, thats technology that you could really only get if you had a high availability managed server/hosting setup.

That said, cPanel may be popular, but it's not the end-all, be-all of hosting.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Lotswin we have over 500 servers. You are referring to one of those 500 boxes named supra. It was down for a few days from a hardware failure which resulted in us having to restore from backups. Supra was the worst issue we have ever had to date in our 3+ years of service.

Originally posted by hostgator.com
    Lotswin we have over 500 servers. You are referring to one of those 500 boxes named supra. It was down for a few days from a hardware failure which resulted in us having to restore from backups. Supra was the worst issue we have ever had to date in our 3+ years of service.
    500? Are you in your own datacenter or something like that? (I see your main site is hosted at The Planet).
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Dathorn provides rock solid service. I've been there for 6 months. The only catch is that backup costs extra Dathorn, so you have to add that into the cost equation. I implemented by own backup using a machine at home to save money.

Originally posted by jslivko
    DIYHosting has over 20 servers that operate in harmony in order to provide a stable distributed environment for customer (reseller) sites. Previously, thats technology that you could really only get if you had a high availability managed server/hosting setup.
    We currently operate 116 servers (126 if you count the upcoming VPS servers)

21 in the H-Sphere reseller cluster for public use (17 are "dedicated resellers). The rest are Plesk, Cpanel, and dedicated servers clients.

Thank you for your kind words, jslivko.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Originally posted by gwizz
    lotswin, I feel your pain, I'm flipping between Site5, RSHosting, JodoHost and BlueWho.
    Well, good luck

In regards to the number of servers discussion, the hardware matters alot too. Some hosts deploy many many small P4 servers hosting not more than a few hundred sites while others deploy much more powerful dual processor boxes with SCSI disks running many more sites...
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

15. Make sure you have done god homework before you buy , you may even try a host offering a free trial OR moneyback gurantee.
    Reseller Logix
    Be a Reliable Host.

Originally posted by IHSL
    We currently operate 116 servers (126 if you count the upcoming VPS servers)

21 in the H-Sphere reseller cluster for public use (17 are "dedicated resellers). The rest are Plesk, Cpanel, and dedicated servers clients.

Thank you for your kind words, jslivko.

Simon
    I was only counting the ones in the cluster, as those are the only ones I know of.

Best of luck in finding a reliable provider ;-)

You may wish to checkout a few directories with your requirements like webhostdir or ppcforhosts.com

Good luck

2. secure.idologic.com has received an incorrect or unexpected message. Error Code: -12227 ?
    what was that?
    Hi, that's a bug in firefox and related browser. We use WHMautopilot and it's something in the script. I've been debugging it.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Idologic.com
    - Will look into it, however i don't like the unlimited domain things..
    We have strict resource usage policies that prevent abuse of that. On average you can expect that our client has about 10 domains per GB of storage (though theoretically you could park 100 domains w/o even causing any traffic/load).

Good luck in your search
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Originally posted by idologic_dh
    Hi, that's a bug in firefox and related browser. .
    mozilla?
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

Originally posted by Jag
    mozilla?
    Not sure, I just downloaded firefox... use opera myself... The problem is in the first php page of WHMautopilot's signup script it seems.

I wanna find out if there are other reseller hosting out there that charge a little bit more but provide better service in return?

Thanks
    I would reccomend you to check www.sonataweb.net , one of the best service provider IMHO
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

reliable host

Good Luck with your search
    Reseller & Hosting Services