Thread: Need a new host

Need a new host

Can anyone suggest a good host? I am tired of my host. I experience too many downtimes and it is a problem for my business.

Use: Hostvoice.com

Find the interesting host for you and then search around WHT for feedback.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Look in the Main Forums/web hosting forum for more months reviews, and also main forums/reseller hosting forum for even more.

Much luck.

Maxo and sebydd offered 2 good ideas.

You can also check the shared/reseller offers section of this forum.

Be sure to do lots of research on any host you are considering to hopefully make sure you aren't here again in a couple weeks asking this same question again.

Take the time to find a good host now and you will save yourself lots of time down the road.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

First of all, you should know what resources do you need: disk space, bandwith etc. Do you wish to have shared hosting or virtual server?
    Depending on how much $ are you willing to pay you may find lot of hosts in this forum.
    So, narrow your requirements and you surely willfind a host that would suit your needs and expectations.

WHT is a great resource for finding a host to meet your needs. Look around as others have suggested and compare a few of the ones that you like. Good luck with your search.

It seems the thread starter is asking for suggestions, so far you have told him/her to go look elsewhere. Is that a help? Search for reviews of whom? Maybe someone can recommend a host they have actually used and then morrisasmarket can search for reviews of those hosts
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

morrisasmarket,

How much bandwidth and disk space do you require? Do you have a specific budget? What sort of a website do you plan on hosting?

Yes, a budget would help. If you let us know what price range you're looking for, we can make some better suggestions.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

Good luck in finding your new host, more specs would be helpful, price, webspace etc.

Many Regards
    Robert

Originally posted by Bohica
    Yes, a budget would help. If you let us know what price range you're looking for, we can make some better suggestions.
    It seems that good hosts are becoming harder and harder to find. Customer service certainly seems to be on the decline.

Like everywhere in the business. With time the real good businesses are alive, and many other are coming and going. I think it's about 95% that fail. Like in every business and in real life. Someone can make a fortune out of other 5%.

try http://www.hotlinkhosting.com

Great support!
    Good Uptime!

Be aware that the hosts here cannot recommend themselves...

Also, be aware that _most_ hosting review sites are just in it for the money.

I can suggest that you check the customer feedback on any host you consider. Personally, I have had good experience with such hosts as Micfo, DreamHost, and Site5.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

It also wouldnt hurt to just review the advertising forums of this site or do a search for "good reviews". Find a few hosts that offer what your looking for then do a search on each of them. Do you really want to limit yourself to someone elses single good experience or expand your options with the results of many good experiences?
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Well said Nadabrahma,

Search the search engines with your requirement then come back here and search the forums for reviews on those companies that you liked/plans you liked in those companies.

If you find good reviews mail their sales and see how is the response how long it took to respond. And make up your mind.

- Imtiaz
    Dualnic.com | Connectivity. Stability. Reliability.
    Web Hosting & Reselling Since 2003
    "Our pricing may not beat the industry giants, but our service will"

Don't forget to read the reviews before choose the host

yeah! and also look up for Live Support feature at there site which is most helpfull thing, else try mailing at support ID and see how long they take to reply to your query. this will help you alot

Try JodoHost, the are very good.
    Portugal Networks
    Shared and Reseller cPanel Accounts. NEW! Windows 2003 with Plesk, ASP.NET 2.0 and MSSQL 2005.

Try JodoHost, the are very good.
    Are you one of their customers? I would like to read some more details regarding your experience with Jodohost. Thank you.

go with hostrocket

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Are you one of their customers? I would like to read some more details regarding your experience with Jodohost. Thank you.
    We had an account with tem and were very pleased with the service. Yash is always there when you need him

We corrently do not use their services, but we recomend for the past experience.

Regards.
    Portugal Networks
    Shared and Reseller cPanel Accounts. NEW! Windows 2003 with Plesk, ASP.NET 2.0 and MSSQL 2005.

Originally posted by PTNHosting
    Yash is always there when you need him
    Thank you
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Hiya have you tried
    pet-world-on-the-net.co.uk
    They are a good host and i never experience
    downtime with them
    check it out