Tomcat (Java Servlet) Reseller?

Hi,

I am soon going to be marketing a JSF (Java Servlet) based application to some local businesses. What I am looking for is a hosting company which offers a nice large reseller account, running Tomcat so I don't need to buy a new retail account per customer.

I have a PHP reseller account, 10GB with unlimited domains and this works well. What I am seeking is a Java equivalent Reseller account (2GB would be enough for now, hopefully it will scale nicely).

Do any hosts here offer something like this? Does anyone have a recommendation?

Cheers,

Will.

Many hosts won't advertise this a great deal but you may want to contact a few and see whether they do have this option available on a special server. Also check out the shared/reseller offers section on this forum. Good luck!
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

I believe that Gazzin offers this but they could have changed this - check their website.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Originally posted by niyogi
    I believe that Gazzin offers this but they could have changed this - check their website.

Roj
    Im not completely sure they offer tomcat as it does take up more resources etc
    ›› Cheap Reseller and Shared Hosting - Tekneeks.net
    ›› www.tekneeks.net - affordable cpanel reseller and shared hosting
    ›› www.graphicforge.net - community for graphic and web designers

Hi Liquid,

All our plans include tomcat / jsp it is standard on all packages.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA | Dallas, TX | Ashburn, VA | London, UK | Amsterdam, NL | Johannesburg, ZA

Originally posted by clanosiris
    Hi Liquid,

All our plans include tomcat / jsp it is standard on all packages.
    oops sorry, my mistake :X
    ›› Cheap Reseller and Shared Hosting - Tekneeks.net
    ›› www.tekneeks.net - affordable cpanel reseller and shared hosting
    ›› www.graphicforge.net - community for graphic and web designers

Hi,

Thanks guys, sorry for the late reply.

That looks like exactly what I want. I have signed up for a 30 day free trial. I hope it works out!

Cheers,

Will.
    Geek Traveller - directory of worldwide laptop/usb/camera friendly internet cafe's.

JSP is not the same as Java Servlet right? If you upload a .jsp page, you are executing a servlet compiled by the JRE on run time. But if you are refering to a Java Servlet, then the class should be uploaded to the server as a war file, not a jsp.... Am I making some sense?

You can try jspzone.net and javaservlethosting.com

Joshua

Thanks. I have used javaservlethosting.com before. They are good but don't offer what I need (a reseller package). I'd have to take out new package per customer which would be expensive. I will look at jspzone.net.

All these technologies are related. JSP as you said is compled to a JavaServlet. I am actually using JSF which is a different beast again, but runs using JSP. Essentially what I need is tomcat

Cheers,

Will.
    Geek Traveller - directory of worldwide laptop/usb/camera friendly internet cafe's.

I'm thinking of using:

oxxus.net

The private JVM plan with the JDK5 and Tomcat 5 should rock....

The problem with Tomcat hosting is that it seems to be hard to allow several virtual hosts. I have no idea if the oxxus.net package will work. Gazzin didn't provide what I needed, they had JSP support, but not tomcat that you could deploy whatever you wanted on, and most importantly reboot tomcat.

JavaServletHosting provides a very good service, I cannot fault them on that. They are a bit pricy, and you have to have one plan per domain -- but they are good, so I now have two plans with them.

I solved my original problem another way -- simply by hosting the Java on one server, and all the files (images) on another. This way, I can use a cheap hosting provider for space and bandwidth, and just keep the expensive java providor for the actual application.

Cheers,

Will.