Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

* www.VarHosting.net

Never buy hosting from this website!
    No matter how gud there customer support is but there uptime sux!

In each and every node: Uptime is 2 hours a day and downtime is 22hours a day.
    Im their customer and they are not ready to help me out!
    Im just telling you in advance..If u buy hosting from this company..You will notice that your computer is switched on for more time than there servers are!

Im on noded 101 and beleive me its been half a month and they are no able to solve my problem..Im not able to open my website sometimes or sometimes they have prbs in there apache!

I waited more than 1 hour and beleive me I didnt get connected to any operator..
    Most of the time they blame my internet connection but thats not true cause Im able to open all the other sites that too in seconds..

Simply 0/5 for them!
    It is a money waste..

I thought that they were a good company..I had a really good impression about them but after registering and using there services...All i cud say is.. JUST DONT TAKE HOSTING FROM THEM.

I have seen a couple of bad threads about them lately. Wonder what is going on.
    Jamie
    RadicalV.com High Velocity Hosting Services - Since 1999
    Hsphere Linux & Windows Hosting ~ Automated Reseller Plans ~ EasyApp Collection

Man the problem is that nothing is going on....to solve our problem...
    Man my customers are ready to eat me up...And they are doing nothing!I dont know where is their whole support team gone?There is no one to help me out!

Hmm... I think you are still pretty frustrated over the entire matter. Let yourself cool down before you give us feedback. From what I read on the forums, I think VARHosting is having some problems with their servers. Otherwise, they are a pretty good web host. Hopefully, they solve their problems soon.

Try contacting their support desk if their online chat isnt working. It'll give them an overview of that you are having problems. You should get a reply from them on what is happening to fix the solution. Other than that I am sure they are working hard to accomodate your needs.
    Psychz Networks - Enterprise Servers & Data Center Professionals
    ★24/7 On-Site Support - Premium Server Hardware
    ★Facilities: Los Angeles, CA - Dallas, TX | Tier-4 Data Centers
    ★Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Psychz DDoS-Shield™ On-Premise Mitigation

Standard answers : We are working on it

Joshua

Originally posted by joshuayip
    Standard answers : We are working on it

Joshua

YOUR RIGHT!

Super-cheap hosting? What did you expect?

Man my customers are ready to eat me up...
    well....

Super-cheap hosting? What did you expect?
    Kinda says it all

I wont exactly says is super cheap. Considering they are giving us features that are out of what the current market has to offer. As far as space and bandwidth, they may be less than other good host by 30%

But in terms of featues e.g. end user sales and technical support, they are the first of its kind. I have high hopes for them to maintain the server well. But that remains hope if they dont make it stable. The only problem with them, is not abt bad service. Is about server uptime. They get on top of that, they will get on top of many hosting company.

Joshua

As far as space and bandwidth, they may be less than other good host by 30%
    But in terms of featues e.g. end user sales and technical support, they are the first of its kind.
    Joshua, these statements arent necessarily accurate... Their pricing model on hosting alone isnt condusive to long term success - when you factor in the other items they are offering, the numbers simply do not add up..

Take a look at the majority of companies that have survived and thrived - their pricing model, in most cases, is dramatically different...

I have heard that on the whole, varhosting is very strong on their support. I imagine you will see them rasing their prices and taking another shot at this.... At least thats my best guess...

GizmoPhreak:

This is an interesting claim - what *is* your username and where *are * your status reports? You are free to e-mail me and with a flame like this, you're bound to get my attention. You could have even tried our forums or something but this really doesn't solve the problem. "each and every" is also a little extreme, don't you think? Your website in your forum profile "http://pffrules.tk/" doesn't load and DNSstuff doesn't seem to know what's up with it either:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=pffrules.tk

Perhaps you want to re-evaluate your claim and come back with some more information for everybody here? Granted we occassionally have problems on servers, the team usually does fix it quickly but this is a pretty silly claim.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Originally posted by joshuayip
    I wont exactly says is super cheap. Considering they are giving us features that are out of what the current market has to offer. As far as space and bandwidth, they may be less than other good host by 30%

But in terms of featues e.g. end user sales and technical support, they are the first of its kind. I have high hopes for them to maintain the server well. But that remains hope if they dont make it stable. The only problem with them, is not abt bad service. Is about server uptime. They get on top of that, they will get on top of many hosting company.
    30% cheaper? How are you assessing that. Please don't compare shared plans with reseller plans. If a shared host is offering alot of disk space, and they are an established one, they will at least be putting some limits to its use i.e. restricting number of domains etc. However, offering reseller packages with the same amount of disk space, that too 30% cheaper with unlimited resources is a server disaster waiting to happen!

Remember, a hosting company is built around quality staff. Their ability to pay their staff is directly proportional to their profit marhins. If there profit margins are so slim, you can expect them to hire poor quality staff or the few quality people they hire will be far stretched handling too many servers

Re: www.VarHosting.net

Originally posted by GizmoPhreak

In each and every node: Uptime is 2 hours a day and downtime is 22hours a day.
    Im their customer and they are not ready to help me out!
    Im just telling you in advance..If u buy hosting from this company..You will notice that your computer is switched on for more time than there servers are!

Im on noded 101 and beleive me its been half a month and they are no able to solve my problem..Im not able to open my website sometimes or sometimes they have prbs in there apache!

I waited more than 1 hour and beleive me I didnt get connected to any operator..
    Most of the time they blame my internet connection but thats not true cause Im able to open all the other sites that too in seconds..

Simply 0/5 for them!
    It is a money waste..

I thought that they were a good company..I had a really good impression about them but after registering and using there services...All i cud say is.. JUST DONT TAKE HOSTING FROM THEM.
    Sounds a bit biased to me, Domain you had with them? Any other stuff? Welcome emails........
    I dont know if you expect people to believe you with a review like that
    Uptime is 2 hours a day and downtime is 22hours a day.
    Sarcasm

Naz.A - that's exactly how I read it. After reviewing other threads by this poster, I'm just a little bit confused about these kinds of posts. I can't recall any e-mail or formal complaint through our ticket system or by e-mail to me of this nature.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

I am curious to know , what can we get from a formal complain Roj ? "Look into it" is not the answer I am hoping for. I am hoping you will say "It is solved, you will have great uptime once again in Varhosting!"

Joshua

joshuayip:

I'm not even sure your sentence made any sense: I am curious to know , what can we get from a formal complain Roj ? "Look into it" is not the answer I am hoping for.

Well saying "It is solved, you will have great uptime once again in Varhosting" would be a lie. "Looking into it" is an honest statement.

The fact is that it is exactly what a few of the 10 of us are doing when we say we are. We can say "We are looking into it." and then follow up with "It's fixed." Providing a detailed explanation as to what we are looking into - well, that would take some time I think and would prevent us from actually looking into it. Comprende?

Roj
    I am niyogi.

Originally posted by GizmoPhreak
    Man who told you there customer service is good ? Ask them for any damn thing and they'll tell you please email to [email protected] or for packages email to [email protected].and for any problems, there is 1 answer, we are working on it . So what good are they really ?

Originally posted by niyogi
    Naz.A - that's exactly how I read it. After reviewing other threads by this poster, I'm just a little bit confused about these kinds of posts. I can't recall any e-mail or formal complaint through our ticket system or by e-mail to me of this nature.
    Roj do you even care to reply for days to the emails sent to [email protected] ? I got a confirmation when i emailed twice that this email is manned and after 4 days i even got a read reciept from you but never a resolution to the complaint. I was on thin bandwidth and told your online support executives to help me out and twice they assured that i'll be contacted in less than 12 hours and its today 7+ days . I would call that pathetic service and would never recomend varhosting to anyone out there. Just Stay away from them and yes i want a refund as well .

What are we supposed to go with roj ? Your online support guys told me to contact you at that email addres ...and the response said you would reply ...so is'nt this taking a cutomers in circles ..and why should i just go after looking to lodge complaints and request for service ? Why did you sent a read reciept when you were not to take any action on it and What use are then your online support providers Providing false information ?

Not really - while live support should have told you to submit a ticket, the e-mail auto-responder does say to do this in a long detailed message.

It's not "false" as I *do* occassionally respond to the support@ e-mail address but because I can *miss* them every once in a while, the auto-responder requests that you submit the ticket instead. This, you did not do, it seems.

I'm waiting for your e-mail...

Roj
    I am niyogi.

Well nothing hard..there does exist a term called "chargeback" which my credit card always allows and paypal puts a 20$ penalty on the account recieving chargeback ..so what if i dont get my money back ..i can still grab it back if i have to from companies like this . Its not a matter for few dollars here but moral.

Roj just said in 1 of his replies when i asked him about no reply to my emails
    "Not that I didn care to respond - I just didn have the opportunity *to* respond - which is exactly why the auto-responder is in place. ;-)"

Let them keep my money and i'll definitely go with a paypal dispute or maybe a chargeback . A company screws me around and i wont just sit and let them do this. I'll stop them with all i can and warn others as well that stay off them ! As simple as that.

Oh boy - not one of these customers. Honestly, 60 days is quite a bit of time to cancel your account chatbox. To contact us via our ticket system (as explicitly mentioned in the auto-responder you *did* receive) a little afterwards is a little bit too late.

Our policy is clear as is the auto-responder. You may conduct your chargeback and I hate to get into the specifics and I have other business to tend to (like helping our current customers). ;-)

Roj
    I am niyogi.

Is all this who did what when stuff really doing anyone any good.
    The resellers want good support and consistent uptime, varhosting wants to make a profit. Market forces will decide this argument one way or another.

You had a customer who was honest enough to pay you and request twice via email and N times via your online support to resend a link to pay, your guys kept assuring that dont worry we'll come back to you...noone did, further more this lack of service was well within that 60 days period where you had downtimes which were unlimited no replies to email and not to mention those canned replies you were sending...if there's anyone here in my place who was willing to pay and recieves this service, i bet he would rather bomb your place.

Sorry chatbox - you didn't do a simple thing like submit a ticket. It's right there on our website and we handle so many of these everyday. It's a moot point to discuss this now since I'm cancelling your account. The resellers that stay with us understand how hard my team works - if you want to take cheap shots at us to cause a ruckus here, that's your prerogative. While I sympathize with your frustration, bringing up the same issues in this thread and threatening to post long, bad reviews of us doesn't help the situation. We don't need resellers like that - period. A little dignity does need to be reserved.

In the end, the relationship between the reseller and the reseller hosting provider is a partnership and what expat1 says is right. Quite frankly, I work my arse off to run our little company and I do the same to promote the same ethic to everybody else within. I don't ignore e-mails - I remembered it after you posted right here (the tip-off was the read receipt that you requested) - it wasn't intentional but really accidental. Going off about it here, again, doesn't solve the problem. One more reminder email would have done the trick.

Good luck with your hosting company chatbox. I've cancelled your account and must move on to the other important things that I must take care of.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

I don't ignore e-mails - I remembered it after you posted right here (the tip-off was the read receipt that you requested) - it wasn't intentional but really accidental. Going off about it here, again, doesn't solve the problem. One more reminder email would have done the trick.

You were twice emailed for i have 2 reciepts acknowledging the delivery of my emails and 1 email to confirm that you actually read it and responded to my reciept request. (want me to paste here ?) or do you need remiders for the reminders as well well i have already moved on and hired a company which is not as cheap in pricing as yours but is reliable ofcourse. As for varhosting, i think you should shut down till you improve the quality for else this wont be the last thread where you have a frustrated customer like me. You were paid for services which you did'nt provide and end up writing here to cover up for all the trouble you brought. Had varhosting been good, this thread would have never been in place and infact it was not started by me but someone else, just to show you that iam not the only one around here who thinks varhostings sucks and it really does. Business is not a learn and grow stuff, you either have solution to the problems or you dont and for varhosting, it has always, "we just discovered" or "we never knew about this problem" . I have been with a company for 4 years untill the guy sold off his business and then i moved ahead as well for the guy who brought it over was'nt able to run the show for 4 months like the previous owner did for 4 years, just an example to show its not the servers but your knowledge that matters . You may wish to search WHT for the thread replies i posted for them in praise for all the good services he provided . So you see, i dont have anything personal against you except that your service sucks and that i feel i've been burned badly because of those no replies, poor canned response on the chat and your cover ups for all the time you IGNORE your customers. Yes you do roj, else 7 days is enough time to reply to 2 emails even when for 1 of them you sent a read reciept to acknowledge you did read it. So this shows you never cared to reply . You must realise its we the clients who make any company success or failure and when you can afford to ignore your clients, your clients can afford to ignore you as well so a downfall is not too far ! As finally i would still stick and not recomend this company to anyone here for else you too would land up telling others to ignore them like i did Good Luck varhosting !

Thanks for the tips and suggestions chatbox (seriously) - I will take them to heart and will see what we can do to improve.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

Originally posted by niyogi

Granted we occassionally have problems on servers, the team usually does fix it quickly but this is a pretty silly claim.

Roj [/B]

I agree with the trying to fix stuff... and I'm becomming satisfied on my current server.

but problems and downtime as a whole on all servers has still been a bit more than "occassionally".
    we had the unfortunate theplanet crash (nothing you could do about that), the virus attack, the dos attacks and the SYN Flood.

people did complain both on the varhosting forums as here with reviews...

But yes the team has been delivering good results, the implementation of suphp has seen increased stability and everything as a whole is improving and hopefully it will become better and better so we can all read better wht review for varhosting (as was the case in januari, feb, march..)

this is why I don't really complain and hope my positive thinking will see long term results.

Greets

I am curiuos to know, if anyone else on ThePlanet is having this kind of syn flood attack? Or is it just varhosting? What are they not doing right here to invite so much trouble to the servers?

Joshua

So much curiosity joshuayip?

SYN flood attacks happen because one website on the server instigates them. For example, let's say your company is excited because you signed up your first client and the client happens to have content that upsets a particular party that doesn't want to have that content displayed. Well, they'll launch a variety of DoS attacks to make sure the site can't stay up.

;-)

Roj
    I am niyogi.

So have you found the site and get him off the server? I am sure this is covered in your TOS , AUP or something , right? It is still night mare, I hope to have some sweet dreams. I have been with you for 3 to 4 months I think. No so much problem before this. In fact, I dont recall any. Until this attack come along.

Then I am not sure if the flood is causing it or something else. There has been a constant service failed. Which is very rare. I have been on your server for few months, only last week I am experiencing it.

Well, I did my screaming at Roj already behind your back. That is why I am much more calm now. He did also acknowledge that the down time is not acceptable, and apologized and given me some refund. It takes a real man to say sorry...

Joshua

Actually, SYN floods don't go after the site - they go after the IP address which makes it virtually impossible to "catch" the instigator or the culprit. Instead, you are suppose to "wait it out" and also contact the datacenter to help you with tools like Cisco Flood Guard, etc to block this kind of activity.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

Whatever I may say about their pricing, Roj certainly knows how to handle customers very well
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

true true.

ROJ, I understand you must be frustrated and feel like you are being attacked. You must also understand that those of us that are using VAR are more frustrated. I have people calling me asking why their site is down, sometimes several times a day. The chat support is friendly, but not helpful, nothing seems to get accomplished. I have plenty of screenshots of NODE104 either being down or with a high server load (currently cpus at 7.61). This is not an osolated incident, this happens daily. I talked to sam so much, he won't even answer the chat anymore. Its ok, because I don't bother complaining anymore. I am on to greener pastures. As I have stated before in another thread, I believe you are honest and sincere in your wish to provide excellent service and price, it just seems that people from 4 different servers are reporting problems, which makes it seem like an overall problem, not just a rare problem on one server.

sluggo312:

7 isn't that bad really - you should know that many hosting companies don't give resellers access to the server load status precisely because it causes complaints and reactions like this. You'd be surprised how many other hosting companies are hovering at around 7 but you don't know because there's no way to tell.

I don't mind the attacks really - but it's sad that those attacking have little identity on these forums (who are you for example) and come here to give words of wisdom. Quite frankly, you probably already do understand the frustration of people calling you as much as they do and should then sympathize with the provider that *is* trying to help.

Our servers aren't that bad - we give customers a lot more "access" to information about the server they are on and it seems to rub them the wrong way. I've done outsourced support in the past and many of the hosting companies in reseller hosting don't give the Server Status feature in WHM. Perhaps we should stop too just because it really doesn't help other than to spread panic.

Talking to Sam on chat also doesn't help because Sam is better off handling the server issues when they occur. I think that it is time (as some have said) to go back to the drawing board and think some more about whether we should have live chat if they are friendly but aren't helpful. Providing logical explanations tend to rub people the wrong way too inducing comments like "we want solutions not explanations".

Anyhow, those who are working with us are the ones that will benefit I suppose.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

Roj is an EXTREMELY busy person and gets several hundred e-mails a day I am sure.

Roj, 7 might not be bad, and it could be 70 for all I care if it meant that the websites were outputing the info like they should. The problem is NODE104 is very slow at times, to the point that the pages do not come up. Thats when I get a call from my number one pain, a guy that sells stuff on ebay. Thats all he does, and its his only source of income. He has a right to complain, if his site is not up. Believe me, I am not excited about the prospect of moving all my accounts, and to be honest, I have yet to find a reseller provider that doesn't seem to have issues at one time or another. I was on the verge of doing so today, luckily I found out some info here on WHT that was confirmed by the provider that stopped me. You might also want to give some of your customers a little credit, all of us are not total noobs. Your support whether by a trouble ticket or IM, is not perfect, and in fact has told me some things that aren't true. I went back and forth for days over an issue with not being able to see more than 2000 files in my directory. I was told that it was my ftp client, then it was that the ftp server cannot show more than 2000 files. Anyway, this is all the complaining I am entitled to for what I pay a month. Once again, I hope everything works out for you guys.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast