Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaos: There's a big difference between cussing & hitting an adult, and "disrespecting." If an adult hits someone, they don't get a slap on the wrist. Neither should a 14 year old kid (I'm 15).

I believe both are wrong. I never lived with the idea of you have to respect your elders. I see adults act the same way as any other age group. I mean adults fight, curse, talk back, do drugs etc. This is why I don't look up to anyone besides myself. I believe in if you respect me I respect you.

Originally posted by Cserver
    Chaos: There's a big difference between cussing & hitting an adult, and "disrespecting." If an adult hits someone, they don't get a slap on the wrist. Neither should a 14 year old kid (I'm 15).
    What exactly are you saying?
    hm what should I put in my sig?

does anyone have a link to the movie i really want to see this, it sounds stupid.

I could have sworn when I was watching the news earlier today, it said both the kids were charged with felonies.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Yes Chaos no rights. You can take this to the end and twist it if you like. He is a minor and subject to his parents will untill he moves out. He is on my bus (and yours) and he can follow the rules or get off.

Make this kid pick garbage for a living. Why should we pay for him?

Maybe if we stopped coddling this kids and put them to work making shoes they would straighten up. That way the ones that wanted to learn could. A place where people went to learn not to be babysat.

Originally posted by Torith
    Yes the kid acted like he was a big tough until the adult acted against him. Kids these days do not know how to show respect (not all, but most seem that way). As well it is the drivers fault for doing what he did, but the kids are at fault as well. They should be sent to boot camp as well in school punishment.

hahahahaha.. bootcamp.... How about just have the school punish them and leave it as that. Heck.. in Torith's mind... lets juts enlist them into the army now.. its ok its just a few years... nice
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

Doesn't china or russia do that with the army thing. I think it's a rgeat idea and wish we'd try it. I'm not being sarcastic here either. These kids are wasting valuable educational resources.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

The boys are victims??? Give me a break. It's kids like those that have missed out on discipline by their parent. When people take this attitude it's too late for any hope, they're 13/15, let's have a bet what they're doing in 5 years, my guess: one word - time!
    MattF - Since the start..

Originally posted by RealtorHost
    hahahahaha.. bootcamp.... How about just have the school punish them and leave it as that. Heck.. in Torith's mind... lets juts enlist them into the army now.. its ok its just a few years... nice
    What is wrong with sending spoiled brats and kids who do not behave to a place to help them learn?

RealtorHost,

What do your propose? If the parents have failed or can't discipline them do you think they should just let time take it's course... do you think these kids will realign in later life... it's easy to critise other's suggestions without offering anything feasible yourself..
    MattF - Since the start..

Most of this is parenting or lack of. I myself was troublemaker, mostly drinking and fighting.

However my dad made it very clear that I was never to lie to him or to to give anysort of "lip" to people older than me. If I stuck to those two things he would go to the wall for me. I did what he asked and when I needed it he was ALWAYS there for me.

I was trouble in school but I would have never dreamed of acting that way to the bus driver.

Its a matter of respect, these kids have never been shown it and in turn cant give it.

Originally posted by MattF
    RealtorHost,

What do your propose? If the parents have failed or can't discipline them do you think they should just let time take it's course... do you think these kids will realign in later life... it's easy to critise other's suggestions without offering anything feasible yourself..
    RealtorHost doesn't propose anything, he just likes to troll and call people 'insane' who disagree with him. Such a great liberal he is!

At the end of the road, the bus driver must have concern for the safety of [i]all[i/] the passengers. Any disruptions could kill the lot of them. You have to wonder how these same kids act in the back seat of their parents car. If the kids can't travel on a school bus without causing disruption, make em walk to school

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    At the end of the road, the bus driver must have concern for the safety of [i]all[i/] the passengers. Any disruptions could kill the lot of them. You have to wonder how these same kids act in the back seat of their parents car. If the kids can't travel on a school bus without causing disruption, make em walk to school
    Walk

I would prefer to make them go by cycle, this might not cause any disruption though.

I agree that both sides were in the wrong, however I would have expected the driver to have handled the situation more maturely, seems how he is far older. Then again, how stupid do those kids have to be, to think it's OK to punch someone in the stomach?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12