Lightbulb Control panel decision

I had been trying to finalize onto which control panel will suite my needs the most and whose license i will be able to afford for my free webhosting business. So i finally came down to these few. I would like all the members to please help me finalize along with comments on their previous experience with these panels:

Amongst free panels:
    zervex :
    I basically very badly am waiting for some review with past experience with this panel. I found some nor the other review for most others but not for this. Whereas i liked this the most as per their features, and price. The only thing is that their support doesnt seem to be so good though.

webmin :
    Seems to be very popular panel. But would like to know if in this is it a 2 tier panel (admin and user) or a 3 tier panel (admin, reseller and user). Also if possible could anybody please give a demo link for it. (the demo link on their website doenst seem to be working since the past one month almost).

Amongst Commercial panels:
    DirectAdmin :
    I have used this before and am very impressed with it. Infact i love it the most. So if i am still stuck in a dilemma, then most probably will go off for this. Please share your views too.

interworx :
    Seems to be a good package of great graphics, great pricing, great features, great support and a very good upcoming control panel. This is my second favorite. The only problem being that it is still a 2 tier panel (admin and the end user, it doesnt have a reseller level). Although on their site they have announce that the next official release of the panel (as they announce should have come out in May) will include the reseller. Infact if the reseller comes out then i might as well go along with it.

So everybody please share your opinion, reviews and past experiences so that it helps me in finalising the control panel to be used.
    SmokyHosts.com - Since 2004 - Budget servers | VPS | cPanel/WHM resellers | cPanel hosting

0frills.com - DirectAdmin | Unlimited space | Unmetered traffic | PHP | NodeJS

Seems we have both come up with the same four from researching. I have been using DA for about the last 3 months and am quite happy with it on my VPS but there is always a curiosity about what else is out there. Zervex looks interesting but like you said hardly any reviews and not sure of the support. Interworx is a very good looking CP and v2(with reseller) will be available this Friday! I have been waiting on this and will be putting it on a small box to start offering. You definitely won't go wrong with DA but for me I think(and hope) that Interworx will be the one to satisfy my CP needs and wants for a while. I'll keep up with this thread to see if anything else turns up on these CPs.

Go with DA. Forget the rest.

DirectAdmin is my suggestion!

which licence youll be able to afford.... Webmin!

As you say, its free, and if you don't like it, you can uninstall it and migrate to another one. Easy.

Same recommendation DA and done other : ) Neat , fast, good updates!

Havent tried interworx, but I would go with DA. Got some DA boxes working very stable

Looking at Interworx it seems pretty nice I must say, DA looks uglier and less usefull.

Thanks for all your comments.
    I have finally decided to go along with the most favorite one amongst your choices - DIRECTADMIN RULES

I remember the good old days of telnet/ssh access. What's wrong with using unix the way it was intended? Not only is it cheap, but it's reliable and the most supported product out there. All you need to do is be able to type a command and read manuals.

I can see how that's tough for some people though. People who can't do that just aren't in my market. I'll let the ticket tracking systems and all the other crappy add-ons handle triaging the incompetent users. I'll be in my own world with intelligent users who feel restricted by the latest and greatest automated system that's really no more automated than regular email, ssh, an scp are.

Originally posted by sethwoolley
    I remember the good old days of telnet/ssh access. What's wrong with using unix the way it was intended? Not only is it cheap, but it's reliable and the most supported product out there. All you need to do is be able to type a command and read manuals.

I can see how that's tough for some people though. People who can't do that just aren't in my market. I'll let the ticket tracking systems and all the other crappy add-ons handle triaging the incompetent users. I'll be in my own world with intelligent users who feel restricted by the latest and greatest automated system that's really no more automated than regular email, ssh, an scp are.
    Well i guess it is more intelligent way that somebody uses some good stuff present in the world that make your life easier than continue to go the harder way round.

Imagine a life without electricity, we can still continue to live that way, only thing is that it just makes our life much more easier and comfortable

Originally posted by webstars
    [B]Well i guess it is more intelligent way that somebody uses some good stuff present in the world that make your life easier than continue to go the harder way round.
    I can't imagine why you think it's harder. Ultimately when the panel doesn't do what you want, you'll wish you knew how it worked under the hood. Or you can pay somebody money and have your entire infrastructure under their actual control.

There really aren't that many commands (and/or system calls) to learn, but they are the building blocks for everything.

If you are outsourcing your "core competencies", you aren't a business, you're merely a reseller of somebody else's competencies. You really don't have control of your business and are are merely another McDonalds franchise in the hosting world.

Originally posted by sethwoolley
    I can't imagine why you think it's harder. Ultimately when the panel doesn't do what you want, you'll wish you knew how it worked under the hood. Or you can pay somebody money and have your entire infrastructure under their actual control.
    Well i accept that afterall the shell language is what everything works on and is the most important. But if there is something else which automates some of the tasks in a much easier manner then why not to actually use it atleast to handle those tasks which can be taken care of in an easier manner?

The problem is, nothing I've seen to date is easier. And about automation, I'm not sure why people have such an aversion to crontab. Well, I do, it's because they haven't heard of it yet.

Interworx!
    Not only does it look nicer (from the demo), it is easier to use.

Originally posted by BSD2
    Looking at Interworx it seems pretty nice I must say, DA looks uglier and less usefull.
    Don't base your opinion on looks. You can't tell how useful DA is from looking at a demo. From what I've gotten from useing DA, it's very useful.

For paid, I would vote for Da, free, go with Webmin.

i recommend DA. it's cheap and has many features.
    better than cpanel.

Originally posted by soybean
    i recommend DA. it's cheap and has many features.
    better than cpanel.
    I second that.

I have finally got directadmin.
    It surely is much much better than cpanel.