hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : HostingCon : things to do before....

Forum Jump

things to do before....

Reply Post New Thread In HostingCon Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

things to do before....

Hello there,

Iam already in chicago, not at hyatt, cause it quite expensive to stay 10 days.. so, Iam on a daysinn hotel and will go to hyatt on 5th.... Iam looking for interesting things to do here.. I have already gone to the woodfield mall and other malls.... anyone here knows other interesting things to do here?

regards,
Geraldo Ramos

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Junior Guru

Re: things to do before....

Quote:
Originally posted by m1k3
Hello there,

Iam already in chicago, not at hyatt, cause it quite expensive to stay 10 days.. so, Iam on a daysinn hotel and will go to hyatt on 5th.... Iam looking for interesting things to do here.. I have already gone to the woodfield mall and other malls.... anyone here knows other interesting things to do here?

regards,
Geraldo Ramos
Shed Aquarium, Museums, downtown in general, Sears Tower.. id say ask for directions and info at the front desk for such. a couple of other threads in the section touch on the fun things to do also.. Mouse

Old 06-01-2005, 12:57 PM

Which Days Inn are you at? I could probably let you know of some things to do around the one you are staying at. Some interesting shopping areas that aren't malls to check out in the city:
Michigan Avenue (Chicago or Grand Red Line Stop and walk towards the lake)
Belmont & Clark Area (Belmont Red Line Stop)
Damen & Milwaukee (Damen Blue Line Stop)

There are also a lot of good restaurants all over the place, though the best variety of them in one location is probably Lincoln Ave between North Ave. and Belmont.

If you want any more suggestions or have questions about what to do in the city, feel free to PM me or post here.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by kevinreedy
Which Days Inn are you at? I could probably let you know of some things to do around the one you are staying at. Some interesting shopping areas that aren't malls to check out in the city:
Michigan Avenue (Chicago or Grand Red Line Stop and walk towards the lake)
Belmont & Clark Area (Belmont Red Line Stop)
Damen & Milwaukee (Damen Blue Line Stop)

There are also a lot of good restaurants all over the place, though the best variety of them in one location is probably Lincoln Ave between North Ave. and Belmont.

If you want any more suggestions or have questions about what to do in the city, feel free to PM me or post here.

Iam on the Melrose park Days inn... its on the mannheim road...
today Ive gone to downtown area.... good place to have fun

regards,
Geraldo

Old 06-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Junior Guru

Try Brookfield zoo - a great place to walk around for at least one entire day!

From Melrose Park its about 20 minutes at the most.

http://www.brookfieldzoo.org/

Old 06-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Junior Guru

oops also try on Friday / Sat or Sunday ... Wollf's Flea market a huge indoor flea market on Manheim and North Ave in Melrose Park.

On Sunday, the same place has a huge outdoor flea market at the Allstate Arena. About 2 miles from the Hyatt hotel and not much farther from Melrose Park - http://www.cityinsights.com/chicago/wolff.htm

You might find an odd bargain or too if you like that type of thing. Sometimes good sports collectibles.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:14 AM
Corporate Member

Good place to find half days / full days of things to do....

http://www.viator.com/chicago-tours

UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Web Hosting Guru

If you're looking for a show to see this weekend, perhaps something with a good amount of humor in it, you might want to take a look at Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind. Yes, it's a mouthfull, but I've been attending this show for several years now (it changes every week). It's on the corner of Foster and Ashland on the northside, near the lake. If you plan on showing up either Friday or Saturday night, get there early as they tend to sell out.

If you feel like wasting an entire day riding roller coasters, you can go to SIx Flags Great America up in Gurnee, IL. It's about a half hour drive north of the Hyatt.

We also have the following museums: Field Museum, Shed Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Museum of Science and Industry, Art Institute of Chicago and a few smaller ones that I don't know very well.

If you're looking for something in particular, let me know and I'll see if I can think of something.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted