Israeli bulldozer crushes paralysed man in Gaza home

GAZA, July 12 - An Israeli bulldozer crushed a paralysed Palestinian man to death when it knocked down his Gaza Strip home on Monday, witnesses said, during a raid to demolish homes the army described as militant gunposts.

Seventy-year-old Ibrahim Mahmoud Khalafallah was inside his home and his family was not given enough time to take him out before it was wrecked, Palestinian medics and witnesses said.

The army said it had destroyed flimsy shacks and unfinished structures near the town of Khan Younis that it said were used to launch rocket and shooting attacks against soldiers and nearby Jewish settlements.

Witnesses reported heavy gunfire during the raid by Israeli tanks and bulldozers.

"The bulldozer buried our neighbour and he died ... Everything happened in 10 minutes," said Ahmed Hammoud, a 28-year-old father of four whose house was also demolished.

"I was in the house with my family when the bulldozer came in. We fled ... We couldn't save anything, not a bed or the refrigerator. Nothing. We didn't know they were coming."

Khalafallah's cousin Suheila said his family told the bulldozer driver the man was inside but could not stop it. Palestinian security sources said 26 houses were destroyed.

Israeli military sources said troops made every effort to make sure the buildings were empty and warned people to leave, but did not search all buildings for fear they could be booby-trapped.

Reuters television footage showed residents combing through the ruins of cinderblock homes. They removed clothing, dusty blankets and toys. They also pulled out dead animals including ducks, rabbits and a dog.

Violence in the Gaza Strip has surged since Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon set out a plan early this year to withdraw troops and settlers from the impoverished territory captured in the 1967 Middle East war.

More than 22,000 people have been made homeless by Israeli army operations in the Gaza Strip since a Palestinian uprising broke out in 2000, according to United Nations figures.

Source: Reuters
    http://www.ummah.com/worldaffairs/vi...85&caTopicID=1
    Quote, "Google is your best friend!"

Very sad

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Any relation to Leon Klinghoffer?

Question

Originally posted by MDJ2000
    Can you elaborate your point in more details?

I have a question for you:

1) Is what happened to this guy ok?

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

You mean because 4 terrorists killed Leon Klinghoffer 20 years ago, it makes it ok to run over some palestinian with bulldozer? Sadly, you are probably right, in a tiny minds of some people that would make for a valid argument and excuse.

This happened on July 12, 2004?
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Why would you ask such a stupid question?
    Is this just trolling or do you think the murder of a paralyzed man by Israeli forces is justified because of a past terrorist event?

If that is what you believe than you are a very big part of the problem sunshine.

The atrocities still continue between Israel and the Palestinians, with no clear end in sight...

I don't what any of you to take this the wrong way but.......

Yes this is a very tragic event and should've been avoided, hopefully any guilt will be discovered and the necessary action taken. However, let's not forget the Spring of 2005, things could be a lot worse.

There have been many heated debates on WHT over the middle east process in recent years, normally sparked by some major incursion from the IDF or terrorist outrage by palestinian groups such as Hamas or Islamic Jihad. These have been nowhere near as frequent in number and this is relative progress is it not?

There is a lull of sorts and movement from Sharon with regard to the settlements, and at some potential political cost i might add.

That all said, we have this supposed "road map" to peace and resolution in the area, who's doing the navigating is what i want to know. The US, EU [Britain by itself if necessary], Russia e.t.c. the group of parties behind the project realy need to step up theri efforts or we'll lose momentum.

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

Were the people who threw Leon Klinghoffer overboard protecting themselves from terrorists using Leon Klinghoffer as cover so they could shoot from behind his wheelchair?

Note: This happened a year ago. Things like these are the things Israel needs to stop, and things like the people actually launching mortars/rockets from residential neighborhoods are the things Palestinians need to stop. There is enough blame to go around.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Arrow

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    The atrocities still continue between Israel and the Palestinians, with no clear end in sight...
    I might be wrong, but I do see that relations are getting better these days between the two sides...

Peace,

Bulldozing houses doesn't promote peace.

Originally posted by azizny
    I might be wrong, but I do see that relations are getting better these days between the two sides...

Peace,
    Perhaps, but not very noticeably, at least to me, someone who reads only CNN.com and, on occasion, the Washington Post.

CNN.com is a joke.

CNN.com brainwashing people.
    Quote, "Google is your best friend!"

Originally posted by Darktwist
    CNN.com is a joke.

While their editorial skills are apparently lacking at the moment, I wouldn't qualify that as brainwashing people. In what way are they "brainwashing" people?

Originally posted by Darktwist
    CNN.com is a joke.

Of course you have some real examples of this and not just some silly right wing rhetoric.

This is one of the reasons I have no respect, and never had for Isreal. Their military is attacked and they turn around and invade civilian cities, destroy their homes, and then they run to the US for help whenever they're getting their asses kicked.

Darktwist, would you care to elaborate on the question surrounding the date of this story??

Sniper Devil, i beg to differ on your calim that things aren't noticeably better now compared to this time last year or the year before that. How many extended stays have the IDF had on the streets of towns in the occupied territories? They've hardly been waves of suicide attacks in Israeli cities this year as far as i know. Sharon is further along in his plan to remove thousands from "illegal" settlements. There is positive movement on a politial level and right at the top too.

Critic,
    Critic,

Originally posted by Aea
    This is one of the reasons I have no respect, and never had for Isreal. Their military is attacked and they turn around and invade civilian cities, destroy their homes, and then they run to the US for help whenever they're getting their asses kicked.
    Uh, when has the Israeli military's *** been kicked? Please enlighten me, and learn to spell Israel. Thanks.
    C#/C++/TCL/Python/PHP developer.
    mark at mark org il

Originally posted by Critic
    Sniper Devil, i beg to differ on your calim that things aren't noticeably better now compared to this time last year or the year before that. How many extended stays have the IDF had on the streets of towns in the occupied territories? They've hardly been waves of suicide attacks in Israeli cities this year as far as i know. Sharon is further along in his plan to remove thousands from "illegal" settlements. There is positive movement on a politial level and right at the top too.
    Perhaps it is getting somewhat better, but incidents like this one further discourage me from believing that real progress is being made; it frankly seems irresponsible of the Israelis to simply demolish people's homes, let alone without notifying people inside and letting them get their stuff and their families before the Israeli tanks flatten them.

SniperDevil, how much time should they get? One day, two days? Enough time for someone to rally an attack against the Israelis?

Originally posted by DanX
    SniperDevil, how much time should they get? One day, two days? Enough time for someone to rally an attack against the Israelis?
    umm.... these are innocent's people homes, not terrorists.. Did you bother reading the article?

The article states the only reason they did not "Personally" check that no one still in their homes because they were afraid of traps.. But it never said anything about giving these innocent people some time to leave their homes before they get demolished..

SniperDevil, as stated this event happend a year ago (when the zionist government was still crazy going)... I think these days they have relaxed a bet and started using their senses)..

Peace,

umm.... these are innocent's people homes, not terrorists.. Did you bother reading the article?
    Terrorists often claim this very thing to get world sympathy. Even the Iraqi's (under Sadaam) said we go around targetting hospitals full of sick people. If it was OUR army, you probably wouldnt be arguing whether they were terrorists or not...

The Israeli army doesnt get it's butt kick no matter how much you outnumber it.

.... and I can just see those high speed bulldozers plowing across the desert at mock speeds, thus not giving anyone time to get out

Originally posted by MarkIL
    Uh, when has the Israeli military's *** been kicked? Please enlighten me, and learn to spell Israel. Thanks.

Oh, maybe it hasn't, my point remains, the Israeli government doesn't really want peace if it responds to militant attacks by constantly invading disputed territory and destroy people's homes.

Can you elaborate your point in more details?

I have a question for you:

1) Is what happened to this guy ok?

Peace,
    1) Not at all.

Originally posted by blue27
    Why would you ask such a stupid question?
    Is this just trolling or do you think the murder of a paralyzed man by Israeli forces is justified because of a past terrorist event?

If that is what you believe than you are a very big part of the problem sunshine.
    LOL, got your panties all in a bunch? You obviously have too much emotion to think rationally. Carry on with the name calling and assumptions, I'm not going to waste my time.

LOL, got your panties all in a bunch? You obviously have too much emotion to think rationally. Carry on with the name calling and assumptions, I'm not going to waste my time.
    you just did waste your time. stop trolling.
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

As Darktwist has either been unable to reply to my question or the date or the incident, or chosen not to, i must add this further comment.

Wif as some ahve said, this took place over a eyar ago, are we discussing it now? Why inflame tensions on both sides over a tragic event from a year past, there is enough bad blood over what takes place in the here and now, although relations are improving so shy dig up the past in this manner?

Wht purpose does it serve?

If you want to bring some news to WHT from the region, it'd be far better for all if it was relatively current.

Or should someone who supports the Isreali point of view go and post an article on a suicide bombing many months in the past and have a debate about it?

What's the point in either?

Critic,

Since you refuse to address the issue we can assume that you are trolling then.
    Attitudes like yours are what make it easy for the terrorists to exist. Well done.