what do you think about Wholesale Internet

hi,

just tell me what do you think about "wholesaleinternet.com", any comments, service, uptime etc,

please let me know.... im planing to get a server form them.... cant
    find much info about them.

~
    kalinga

I've had a server with Wholesale on two occassions, both times I cancelled after a month.
    They tend to concentrate on low end boxes (PIII's) and do offer some great value prices. Support via emai has always been fine (sometimes a little slow but I am in the UK and so time differences could be a factor - they are a small outfit, two or three guys at the most I expect).
    What worries me is the building they're in.
    Have a look at the Industry Announcements > Providers and Network Outages and Updates section of this board.
    The Bryant Building seems to be a flood ridden, damp pond of a concrete shell better suited to a gheto than a data centre and some of the photos posted in the threads are real shockers!
    I'm not knocking Wholesale as an outfit as I have always found them helpful but I wouldn't let my dog sleep in that building never mind rent a server in it.

Yeah, that thread in the Network Outage forum scared the hell out of me too, I really didn't understand half of the competitor basing going on it, but something told me to avoid them...

Can someone point me to this post? I can't seem to find the outages forum.

[Edit: Nevermind, I guess I had to be logged in.]
    Last edited by xtat; 06-01-2005 at 11:52 AM.

hi guys,

thanks for the info....

even i cant find that post, do you mind posting the link here ?

I've had a server colo'd with wholesaleinternet for about 6 months. Other then the outage a couple weeks ago uptime has been good. During the outage last week my server was up the entire time.

One reason I chose them in the first place is that they were one of only two places I went to where the sales rep didn't spend the majority of the conversation bashing everyone else in town. The other was Netstandard but they were way out of my price range.

Another reason was that they were the only company I visited that seemed to be doing anything. On all my other tours the techs were sitting around chatting with each other. No one seemed very busy. When I toured wholesaleinternet there were two admins moving from server to server and three technicians loading servers as fast as they could. There was a stack of Dells waiting to go online and another stack of Dell boxes waiting to be opened. It seemed to me like they were growing and not sitting still or declining.

Since I've been there the service has been great. Since I'm local I just pop in anytime I want. They always seem happy to see me and have no problem taking the time to chat with me and help me out.

It's a nice facility and while a little disorganized, I think it's just due to the fast growth they're experiencing.

Rebecca

P.S. I did hear a rumor that they were moving but when I asked them about it the response was - We can't talk about it yet.
    Last edited by TeraPipe.net; 06-01-2005 at 12:18 PM.

I have been with them for 1 year plus, that downtime was horrendous, but one incident cant deny the fact that I enjoyed trouble free hosting throughout the year. Mine is a low end server yet I enjoyed prompt support and what I like most is their frankness.

When things arent going their way, they owned up, never made excuses , instead tried their best to help out. No frills , no thrills matter of fact services. Never seen the building though. Just hope the building maintenance company better start improving their services.

GOT IT,

thanks...............

do they have down times like that ?

Nope, at least not the for the 1 year plus I have been with them.

so that mean its kind a safe to get a server form them ?

At least I feel safe enough to get from them. I am from Singapore, so controlling the Windows Dedi server I got from them is through remote desktop, which can be tougher, so when I started choosing in WHT it is quite a tough decision. But more than 1 year later I am still with them.....