Hybrid View

Talking Showbiz News-ish :: The "Crazy Frog" has topped the UK charts & is now going GLOBAL.

Article extract >>

'Crazy Frog' Craze Revs Up in Korea

The "Crazy Frog" ringtone craze has arrived on Korean shores from the U.K., adding one of the most irritating noises ever produced by man or machine to the cacophony of sounds emitted by the gadgets of a technology-obsessed nation.
    Reuters reported Monday that the "Crazy Frog" mobile phone ringtone hit the top of the U.K. music charts announced Sunday, the first time a mobile phone ringtone-based recording hit No. 1. The album of the moment is "Crazy Frog-Axel F" released by German dance duo Bass Bumpers.

End extract <<

Source :: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/ht...505310015.html

Related article :: http://www.sky.com/showbiz/article/0...183829,00.html

So what do you think of the Crazy Frog? Do you have it on your phone?

I'm surprised that this hasn't been started already buy hey.

Ding De De Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding and all that

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

That is truly sad.

I'm sick of it Damm you jamster!
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

I think I've just worked out a test for kiddie hosts. What we should do is play that song at them and if they like it then they are far to immature to run a business..

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

my faith in humanity just dropped 200 points.

I first heard this in 2003, 2 years later these marketing fools still won't drop it.

What you heard 2 years ago was the original thing made buy some guy making fake moped sounds! Now it was picked it up these "marketing fools" who have made something like £10mil from it... not so foolish after all.
    Steve

They have it in Australia and I hate this ringtone!

Lol everyone was embarrsed to have the old 'Crazy Frog' they all want the new one!
    http://www.viperhosting.net
    ViperHosting 2005. The new generation "Excellence doesn't have to be expensive"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles.shtml
    Stupid how can it be top its not even music, Just like a well i dunno its crazy alright, Just as bad as a few years back the bob-the-builder theme tune topped the charts.
    Regards

Keep your darned crazy frog over there The brekky crew reported it yesterday and I can just see some expatriate Brits getting a plague of em here.

/me summons the cane toads to attack crazy frog fanatics.

BTW, how the heck could that weirdness become a number one in Britain? Is it because........Brits are just weird?

Originally posted by Vortex-Steve
    What you heard 2 years ago was the original thing made buy some guy making fake moped sounds! Now it was picked it up these "marketing fools" who have made something like £10mil from it... not so foolish after all.
    I believe it's even older than that, and supposedly originated at Jordan Racing, and was supposed to be a F1 engine.

Yeah, it is older than that (he just said he heard it 2 years ago )

I seem to remember seeing a webpage with a picture of an F1 car on and this noise in the background. Not sure where it came from, but the guy who has claimed the rights to it says he was imatating his friends mopeds.
    Steve

This truely makes me embarrassed to be alive. What has society become if people want to buy a (forces himself not to swear) frog making rediculous noises. Just thinking about it has made me mad with rage. Someone should, nay, must locate the creator and torture them until they apologise and delete it from everyone's phone, pda, computer and burn all the cd's, only them will humanity be restored to this wonderous planet.
    Peter Hall
    Tera Web Hosting
    UK Web Hosting and Backup Storage

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    Keep your darned crazy frog over there The brekky crew reported it yesterday and I can just see some expatriate Brits getting a plague of em here.

/me summons the cane toads to attack crazy frog fanatics.

BTW, how the heck could that weirdness become a number one in Britain? Is it because........Brits are just weird?
    Yes were real weird every one of us
    Nah its just some its all one big joke

Originally posted by Vortex-Steve
    Yeah, it is older than that (he just said he heard it 2 years ago )
    'Axel F' is from Beverly Hills Cop in 1984. This rubbish added to it is more recent though.
    Although best known for his mid-'80s instrumental smash "Axel F.," Harold Faltermeyer was also a notable producer and session player. His career began with work as an arranger on Giorgio Moroder's soundtrack to the 1978 film Midnight Express, the first in a long series of film-related projects
    Harold Faltermeyer has done a ton of great soundtrack work over the years - sadly he's best known for 'Axel F'.

http://www.mp3.com/harold-faltermeye...biography.html
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...361833,00.html

HOPPING MAD AT CRAZY FROG
    The Crazy Frog ringtone commercial has attracted around 800 complaints from members of the public, the Advertising Standards Authority has said.

The industry watchdog has launched an investigation into objections to the TV advert.

Around 200 people feared the Jamster commercial was targeting children as potential subscribers for its ringtone service.

Another 600 thought the cartoon character and his accompanying tune were on screen too often - or found it simply "annoying", the ASA said.

The ASA spokeswoman said: "We have had hundreds of complaints about the frequency of the ads. People say they are on too often and they want it to be taken off screen because it is driving them mad."

The watchdog's investigation is focused on whether the commercial is targeting children and, if so, whether it would cause them "financial harm", the spokeswoman added.

The Crazy Frog ringtone leapt straight to number one in the charts on Sunday, beating Coldplay to the top spot.

Meanwhile, even the creator of Crazy Frog, Swedish designer Erik Wernquist, says he is being driven up the wall by the ads.

"I'm sick of hearing and seeing it. It's driving me crazy. I can't undersand why it's been such a success," he said.
    I might just phone up to complain just to add to the numbers, hopefully it will get taken off air! And they are right that it targets kids and then screws them out of £3 a week or something for some crappy ringtones.
    Steve

cell phones are for idiots.

Haha, I remember before it went commercial, I know the guy who made it. But I like some of the crazy banner ads that people have made for it.
    Michael Copeland
    WebLyte - We Make Establishing Your Web Presence Easy!
    Over 6 Years In Business! We're Here To Stay!

I seen that so many places, that gets old after a while...