yipes bandwidth (via level3)

Is yipes bandwidth via level3 worth getting? How is yipes's network reliability and performance?

Yipes via Level3, or Level3 via Yipes? I'm going to assume you want to access Level3 bandwidth through Yipes.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

AFAIK

FDC and Calpop uses yipes to get to L3
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

I'll agree with bqinternet, Eiv probably meant Level(3) through Yipes.

Also, FDC just dropped L3 and got AboveNet.
    SharkTECH Internet Services
    http://www.sharktech.net
    DDOS Firewalled Dedicated Servers
    Managed Services / IRC Allowed

Sorry for the confusion. bqinternet is correct. I mean access Level3 bandwidth through Yipes.

price wise, it may make sense. however, for the transit product, they blend L3 and wiltel (NET product), so your not getting true l3.

Originally posted by moosh28
    price wise, it may make sense. however, for the transit product, they blend L3 and wiltel (NET product), so your not getting true l3.
    Actually that is not always correct. Depending on the metro area, you can specify Yipes/L3 plus local peering only. So basically you are getting L3 plus Yipes local peering with an extra ASN hop at a quite reasonable price.

true, but depends on the area, and how they have constructed their backplane.

Re: yipes bandwidth (via level3)

Originally posted by Eiv
    Is yipes bandwidth via level3 worth getting? How is yipes's network reliability and performance?
    We used to run through yipes a while back. Yes, its a very solid, reliable product and as long as they dont mess around with the Qos (happened once) it was great performance.
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Just curious what price Yipes has come down to for the 2-4 GBPS range. I saw another thread where someone stated Yipes and Verio were down to $14 @ 1 GBPS. Anyone seeing them or Verio or anyone else besides Cogent down to the $10 range yet for higher levels?

If so, are these prices direct or paying through a reseller?

adds one more hop but would be worth it if the price were a lot better. What is yipes pricing at?
    Best Wishes,

Blake L. Smith - [email protected]
    XtremeBandwidth.com, Inc. - Wholesale Tier1 Bandwidth!

I dont think youll find yipes anywhere near the $14 mbp mark.
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Originally posted by moosh28
    Actually, they can *probbably* configure it so that your connection to them is pref'd over Level3 and goes over WilTel only if the Level3 connection isn't available.

Yipes is available at high $14 range for a 1 gig commit on a 1 year term for companies with good credit

Are you seeing $14 with Yipes over Wiltel, over L3 or straight up? All Markets?

Originally posted by mams482
    Not true, they have a direct Level (3) port...
    I didn't see that when I looked.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!