Question Sales Leads for NEW Local Businesses--Where to find?

A former client from a few years ago made a great living selling merchant accounts and card processing equipment to new local busineses. He is a former client, as he kept "forgetting" to pay for hosting.

Every day, he would receive a listing of new local businesses that had just filed for a business license. He had all the sales leads first. He even dropped us a few. He kept his source very private, but let it slip that anyone could find these. Years ago, he offered to show me how, in exchange for website development and hosting. I was angry because he owed us quite a bit of money, and so turned him down. He is still very successful. Now, I don't know how he did it, as I have never been able to get anyone in the local courthouse or tax office to cooperate or give information.

Is there a local/state entity (we are in Texas), or software that can be bought, etc. that can deliver these local leads to me?

Going out of business in our 10th year.

I have been looking for the same thing for Las Vegas, NV. I know that if I go down to the county building every day I can get a list... (but who has that type of time).

I would love to find a service, whom I can pay a monthly fee to for this info.

A business filing for a license / entity / whatever is public information. I know that I can go down to my town hall and get a list of all new businesses in my town. Every quarter, all new businesses are published in our town newspaper.

Massachusetts, USA
    In larger cities, they usually have a Business Weekly which will publish all of the incorporations and new business licenses for the region. See if there is one in your area.
    Mark Oberg

(No longer affiliated with

Interesting... if anyone knows how to find these in Canada as well, that would be real nice.

I found this on google, maybe its what your looking for:, but I haven't used them before, so let us know how it goes ^^

Edit: They have a PR of 7, so that might be a good sign.
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.
    Automotive fasteners for collision shops.

Downers Grove, IL
    Look through your local paper as the notices need to be printed. Look under the Legal Notices section and you should find a few. However, I've been told (by someone in the County office) that I can just walk into the county office that handles the registrations and I can look through the stack of filed notices if I wanted to. This is for the Doing Business As filings.