1and1 support sucks

About two months ago I signed up for 6 month promo package, and if it all worked out I would stay with them by purchasing the package. The specs looked great, and even after the trial ends the value is still good for the money.

That is until.......

The support they have is truly awful. This is the main factor why I will not be purchasing anything from them. I have already moved most of site elsewhere because their support is a failure. In truth I find it quite pathetic that email support can takes days to reply, maybe even weeks. Heck, I sent an email about a nameserver problem and got a reply 13 days later and the reply was unhelpful Sometimes emails will go unanswered.

The phone support has been a waste for me too. I have tried at various times of the day, only to listen to music or get cutoff. I know many will say, you get what you pay for. Yes, this is a free 6 month promo. Exactly that, a promo. Yes, they are supposed to be promoting what an awesome company they are, in the hope of pursuading customers to stick with them. Lol, what a joke.

Finally email is generally up and down like a yo-yo, during the day it regularly times out. Personally I think they should be ashamed, such a big dominating company have such crappy support.

Sorry to hear about your experience with 1and1, I hope you find a reliable host.

It was their free promo offer, their support should have treated you like a paid customer. It is a shame that company as big as theirs would have such slow response times for support. Better luck next time

Yes, i believe 1and1 support works only during their business hours.. and they do take a while to get back at you.

Best of luck in finding a better host.

I`m trying to remove a domain from the package, yet there is no option to do so. Even though it is an external domain (registered elsewhere), you have to go through a cancellation process, and then fax papers to them. What a crappy company, one that makes everything one hundred times more difficult than it needs to be The control panel moves like a snail, no support, email that works occasionally works and now it`s major ordeal to have a domain removed from the package!! Gee...

Ps. Yes, I signed up with another host about a month ago. Great to see a control panel that works at normal speed, and of course support that actually replies.

If it is an external domain, you can simply change the name servers to anywhere other than 1and1's. They'll remove that domain from your 1and1 package automatically after a while. But if you register a domain at 1and1, they'll auto-renew your domain unless you fax papers to them to cancel it.
    HostingSearch.org
    www.hostingsearch.org
    Compare Top Web Hosting Plans
    Find The Lowest Domain Prices

really?
    ive used 1and1 with that 3year package a while back

they really helped me a lot.

i actually find their faq system to be just chock full of information

----
    and yeah, why's it matter if you cant get your domain off? not like it affects you at all. except for those e-mails...

but im pretty sure you can take the domain off... :\

Their hosting was very solid for me, but yes support is bad, they say they have email support, but on the serious side it is non existant.

I just have domains with them now, bet they'll be a pain to get off

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Hope you find a better host.

Those representatives that choose to post in a thread about a competitor lose respect from the community. There is a check mark you can use that will disable your signature when you post in a thread.

Those that have chosen to not disable their signatures while posting or co-miserating about a vendor's service being in question lower the industry standard down to dirt.