What is a Forwarder?
- If you are speaking of an email forwarder, its an email address that forwards to another email address.
- It is an open source database system, commonly used for web development to store data. See - http://www.mysql.com
- PHP is an open source web scripting language used to creat online applications - See http://www.php.net
- CGI is another web scripting language, just a different style and syntax.
- PERL is another web scripting language, just a different style and syntax.
An Auto Installer?
- Most likely your host is talking about Fantastico or another pre-installed script solution (for Plesk I think its 'Application Vault'). An auto-installer would allow installation of a script with just a couple of clicks instead of FTP-ing the files, configuring the files, creating any databases or flatfile databases, and then running an install script where the parameters it asks for are not what an average joe necessarily knows.