Wow! that's some PC

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23591

2 dual core processors, 4way computing, 2 NVidia graphics cards, in a shoebox

thats a big shoebox

Ha, thats funny...

Originally posted by BSD2
    thats a big shoebox
    The image seems big, but look the the scale(see the USB ports, etc), it's small

I WANT one!!
    *builds himself an Opteron Cube to cheer himself up*

In that article I was more interested in the 4 Opterons and 16 DIMMs in a 1u chassis...
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

well, you got 4 CPUs, but you can only put in 2 HDDs in 1U, it's kind of disproportionate unless you attach more storage

They forgot to mention you can only use them for more than an hour at a time if you run them inside a refrigerator...

I want one It must create a lot of heat it it is so compact.
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com

Re: Wow! that's some PC

Originally posted by wm2100
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23591

2 dual core processors, 4way computing, 2 NVidia graphics cards, in a shoebox
    Not that its a big deal or anything, but do you work for AMD? Looking through your history, 95% of your posts are somthing about AMD. I mean I own AMD stock, so keep drumming up support, but just wondering whats up with only AMD posts.

I guess being blatently ignorant saying "AMD SUCKS" would be out of line here?
    James Cornman
    365 Data Centers - AS19151/AS29838
    Colocation • Network Connectivity • Managed Infrastructure Services

Yeeaa, AMD SUCKS ))

Originally posted by wm2100
    well, you got 4 CPUs, but you can only put in 2 HDDs in 1U, it's kind of disproportionate unless you attach more storage
    You can put bigger drives. There are 300GB SCSI for example.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Re: Re: Wow! that's some PC

Originally posted by concept
    Not that its a big deal or anything, but do you work for AMD? Looking through your history, 95% of your posts are somthing about AMD. I mean I own AMD stock, so keep drumming up support, but just wondering whats up with only AMD posts.
    Ha! I think I said that once to wm2100 and it ended up in a good ol' Intel vs AMD war...

I've never been the biggest AMD fan, but recently I've switched sides after seing how the Opteron outperforms an Xeon, I think Intel are lagging behind AMD atm, which is a shame.

Re: Re: Wow! that's some PC

Originally posted by concept
    Is there a problem? 95% of my PCes and servers are AMD. I was using INTEL before Opteron, but since went 100% AMD on all new purhcases.

As for the box on INQ, it just happens to be AMD, you have to agree putting 4way computing in a shoebox is impressive....in comparison, 4P 1U server on the same page is not new...

Im searching for the RJ45 / Ethernet port but I cant see to find one. Karl I doubt you will be able to serve much besides localhost

Troy