Lightbulb Fast, Easy Business Card Template project

I have a business card designed in Photoshop. I can't seem to get it into InDesign, Word or Avery's DesignPro so it fits the template for the cards I purchased at OfficeMax.

It's template #8371 from Avery. .75" margins on the left and right, .5" for top and bottom. Cards are horizontally 3.5" wide by 2" tall in a 5 row x 2 col layout.

I'm guessing that I am just doing one thing wrong. When I import them, no matter what format, they always seem to be blurry.

I'm willing to pay. Please PM me with your price and email address and I'll send over a ZIP with the files if you are selected. (It's the same design and process, but there are six people so I need it done six times so I have a template for each.)

I'm looking for something ASAP. THANKS!

err, why not just print from Photoshop? doh!

I don't see a way to print from Photoshop in the format. Maybe it's the drivers or setup with my printer, but I don't see any options for that.

??????????????
    ok,you have a design right? that you are looking at, in photoshop. Just go file, print, and mess with the options. It really isnt that hard to print from Photoshop, and if youare using a specific type of paper, i think it has options for dif. kinds of paper. AT least, my printer has options, like in the print drivers. Just toy with it a bit.

Okay, please don't act like I'm stupid. There are no options like that for my printer in Photoshop. They are there in InDesign which I use for printing but not in Photoshop. If you have nothing to offer, please do not act like I'm an idiot and take over the thread. I said in the beginning that I am going to pay someone to do it.

Thank you.

Right, and I'm just telling you you dont need to pay anyone, and you can do it yourself from photoshop. Sheesh...

Mith07, I agree, you shouldn't act like the person is incompetent. I know many people who have issues with printing at home business cards and what not. Also, not everyone is familiar with the capabilities of certain programs. From my experience, Photoshop does not store templates so that it can be easily printed. Microsoft Word usually has templates accessible as well as Avery.

jml3188, what you could do is create a new Photoshop document and set all the margins manually for each section and number of cards per page. Then do a test print to see if your page lines up with the card stock. Should work out eventually. Good luck!

Well, obviously I cannot do it from Photoshop and I don't mind paying someone.

If someone is interested, please PM me.

You could also set the margins in Microsoft Word or the Avery program. I'm guessing you didn't get an image file but only the .psd?

Well, I have the PSD. Even if I try and save it as a JPG, TIFF, PSD or EPS it comes up blurry or b/w in Word or InDesign. It comes up very small in Avery's software too. It's at 300 dpi in Photoshop. I don't get it but I'm messing around with your photoshop idea.

It may look blurry but you should try a test print. I've done a set of cards in Word before and the end result is always different from the screen.

well, obviously, you can print from Photoshop, but just dont know how. As i said, play around with it. If you have a 4 x 6 card, and a 4 x 6 design, it should be pretty easy to get it to work. As azn_Chic said, you can make margins, or just add white space for margins.

Azn_Chic - Okay, thanks. I'll do a few test prints then.

Mith07 - It's not a 4x6 postcard.. they are business cards - 2x3.5. I don't think Photoshop, or maybe the drivers, allow you to setup formatting for printing the same image repeatedly on a page with a specific formatting.

i used 4 x 6 as an example...........................
    alright, so you want to print like, 8 designers per page? lol, if its a sheet of like, 8 2 x 3.5, and it is on an 8.5 x 11, just copy the design 8 times on a 8.5 x 11 photoshop document. you might have to mess around with placement, but its easily done.

Azn_Chic - Thanks! It worked and everything looks beautiful.

Thanks everyone.

That's great! Glad everything worked out for you. A little bit of grunt work but it saved you some money

nice, knew you could do it

I never really thought of doing it in Photoshop. I always used Photoshop to create and InDesign to place and print. InDesign was importing the PSD very awkwardly so it confused me.

Thanks again everyone.