CentOS 32bit to CentOS 64bit

I'm curious has anyone tried this? I'm not running cPanel or any control panel or even a web server on it so incompatibilities are of little concern to me.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about doing this?

My method was going to download the yum 64bit rpm's as well as the centos release 64bit equiv. From there do the upgrading from yum.

But if anyone has done this and could tell me what they did that would be much appreciated.

Opps by the way this is with CentOS 3.4
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

I have done it right over with yum twice.. I have noticed that you can experience problems with ssh and a couple other packages. I have had one instance that ssh would be active but would deny access to root because some packages didnt update correctly namely pam. Also if you are not running the 64bit kernel and try to run the 64bit binarys you may have problems.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Yeah it's running a 32bit kernel that's one of my problems since I generally would use a rpm to update a kernel and well all the 64bit ones need 64bit kernel already installed to run the rpm.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

just curious, what difference between CentOS 32bit and 64bit ? and do we really need 64bit ?

just curious, what difference between CentOS 32bit and 64bit ? and do we really need 64bit ?
    One of the biggest leaps in computing history was when the 32 bit processor was introduced. Same with the 16 bit processor. 64 bit will be the norm one day as well, so the simple answer to your question might be, yes, we need it.
    H4Y Technologies LLC .. Since 2001!!
    "Smarter, Cheaper, Faster" - SMB, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated, Colo hosting done right.

ZERO PACKETLOSS, ZERO DOWNTIME Dedicated and Colo - USA: IA, CA, NC, OR, NV
    **http://h4y.us** **http://iwfhosting.net**
    Voice: (866)435-5642. *** askus at host4yourself d0t com