Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Bazza The Greek
    In all honesty, you dont need sharp points on them.

Chefs claim that it will mean that some meat will be lost when cutting but i am sure that there will be more ways arround it. However yes it will take more time and they might put prices up on meals with meat. However i dont mind paying 50p extra a meal to help save many lives.
    I wonder how much meat will be lost in cutting when the surgeons use the blunt scalpels.

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    I wonder how much meat will be lost in cutting when the surgeons use the blunt scalpels.
    LOL !!!!

However, if you know of a surgeon that is using knives from the kitchen sink, please report him (Or her)

I can resist everything but temptation - Oscar Wilde
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johnson

you can kill people with anything.... you can even kill someone with a toothe pick. I see the British government as finding ways to try and limit murders, but wheter they like it there will always been murders as long as we have our fists.
    Kerry Jones

The only thing it will prevent is a spur of the moment / passion crime where somebody grabs a knife from the kitchen and attacks someone. Well, not prevent, but they probably won't die a painful death from it

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    you can kill people with anything.... you can even kill someone with a toothe pick. I see the British government as finding ways to try and limit murders, but wheter they like it there will always been murders as long as we have our fists.
    In the interets of truth if nothing else, this isn't actually a government initiative. It'd never get through parliament even if it was.

Originally posted by Aea
    The only thing it will prevent is a spur of the moment / passion crime where somebody grabs a knife from the kitchen and attacks someone. Well, not prevent, but they probably won't die a painful death from it
    If i recall correctly that situation is the precise one that the authors of the report are targeting.

Bazza the Greek, moves like this are surely not one but five stepts to far in nanny state terms?

What else would you do, replace Bonfires on the 5th of November with a great big light bulb? Hmm

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

After visiting England in 2002 I came to the quick conclusion that without pointy knives you can't consume those breakfast rolls at the hotel in London that I was at.
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- dburling@ts-host.com -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

Ach, take my salt for being strange tasting , take my dust for clogging up atmosphere, take my cotton wool so i dont choke on it if im stupid enough to put it in my mouth, take all my stuff so i dont fall over it when its neatly packed etc.

Originally posted by Tulip-Dennis
    After visiting England in 2002 I came to the quick conclusion that without pointy knives you can't consume those breakfast rolls at the hotel in London that I was at.
    They are only talking about kitchen knives. ( i lthink).

Critic :

Now what a stipid suggestion. You fool.

They dont make high enough wattage lightbulbs

I can resist everything but temptation - Oscar Wilde
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johnson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12