BQInternet - remote backups

Hi,

This is just a review of sorts. I've been looking for a remote backup service for quite a while now, and someone suggested BQInternet. Anyway their prices seem very, very reasonable, so i thought I'd sign up. Anyway everything is working great so far. I've asked their support a few questions about doing these remote backups and they've been pretty helpful.

I think they actually post here at WHT.

Brandon

I used to have a 5GB backup account with them but cancelled that when I moved my servers over to The Planet (since NAS backup space is included). BQInternet's system worked great and they were always very friendly and helpful. I plan to sign back up with them for a 100GB account with the reseller option.

What's that reseller option? I must have missed that on their site.

Right now I have the 10gb package since that's all I need about now. I'm thinking about getting a second though to do rotating backups.

Interesting... They do look good!

1TB would be pretty perfect for me...

But it does not say anything about transfer?? Can rsync be run daily...
    Off Topic Web Forum - A forum for talking about anything!!
    N.Z. Webmaster Community - Are you from New Zealand? Well signup to our forum!!!!

Transfer is unlimited, and actually when you sign up they show you how to run rsync daily, which we started doing after signing up with them.

Shouldn't this be moved to a more appropriate section? Why would a review be under "Running a Web Hosting Business"

Sorry, I wasn't sure where it should be placed. Since it is for web hosts imparticular, I thought this would be the best place.

Hello,
    They disabled my account for no reason. I'm paid up and everything. I emailed them twice and no response.

Best Regards,
    Former owner of 275mb, DKMHosting, and Easy-Upload

Originally posted by JohnGladen
    Hello,
    They disabled my account for no reason. I'm paid up and everything. I emailed them twice and no response.

Best Regards,
    John,

As far as I'm aware, your account has not been disabled. We have also not received any email queries. Please send an email to [email protected], and I will look into it for you. If this is where you've been sending emails, please also send me a Private Message on this forum.

Scott
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Originally posted by JohnGladen
    Hello,

Best Regards,
    Your DC may have stopped reverse resolving your server ip properly. I know that had us oging pretty crazy for a while there.

It's a very good service, and very affordable.

We've been with them, I think, 3 months?
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs